FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Place Toronto/Mississauga Centre opening September, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1966263-hyatt-place-toronto-mississauga-centre-opening-september-2019-a.html)

martyYYZ Apr 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Hyatt Place Toronto/Mississauga Centre opening September, 2019

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...a-centre/yyzzm

Hotel is now bookable as a category 1! Now a category 2

cozysuite Apr 26, 2019 9:09 am

That's a good news -- YYZ airport hotel CAT1 is good for stopover situation especially in winter :)

However it is not that very close to the airport and they would not offer Airport Shuttle :(

gspurr Apr 28, 2019 6:24 pm

I live fairly close to this hotel so if anyone has questions on the area I'd be happy to help. It's not too far from the airport, but outside of the area where hotels provide shuttles. An Uber would probably cost somewhere in the $25 CAD to $30 range from the airport. It is handy if you have a car but it's also a fair bit outside of central Toronto.

smilee Apr 28, 2019 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by gspurr (Post 31046861)
I live fairly close to this hotel so if anyone has questions on the area I'd be happy to help. It's not too far from the airport, but outside of the area where hotels provide shuttles. An Uber would probably cost somewhere in the $25 CAD to $30 range from the airport. It is handy if you have a car but it's also a fair bit outside of central Toronto.

What about public transit. Are there any options?

Finally parking in the area? Cheap or free?

gspurr Apr 28, 2019 7:23 pm

The hotel is on Hurontario Street (which runs north-south) which has a bus service. It connects with the GO transit train system which will take you into Union Station in downtown Toronto. Bus plus train would take you at least an hour to get into the city. There are plans in the works to build an LRT along Hurontario but, assuming that it isn't cancelled, it is still several years away from completion. The bus along Hurontario will also take you to Square One (a large mall in Mississauga) in about 10 minutes where there is a GO Bus station where you can also take the bus into Toronto.

The hotel website says free parking.

Aventine Apr 29, 2019 2:58 am

Originally Posted by smilee (Post 31046918)
What about public transit. Are there any options?

Finally parking in the area? Cheap or free?

You would definitely want a car in Mississauga. Parking is free.

lsquare Oct 16, 2021 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 31047784)
You would definitely want a car in Mississauga. Parking is free.

How much does it typically cost to rent a car from YYZ?

I'm thinking of staying at this hotel. I'm surprised there isn't even a review in this thread. Is breakfast included?

Is there free parking at Square One Mall? What else to do in Mississauga? I'm thinking of just taking Uber, but I thought it wasn't that far from YYZ? Someone here said it's C$20-30.

OP needs to be updated. It's a Cat 2 and not 1.

illico Oct 16, 2021 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 33650516)

I'm thinking of staying at this hotel. I'm surprised there isn't even a review in this thread. Is breakfast included?

Is there free parking at Square One Mall? What else to do in Mississauga? I'm thinking of just taking Uber, but I thought it wasn't that far from YYZ? Someone here said it's C$20-30.

Breakfast is included. The Uber estimate is accurate though IMO it’s more towards 30$ It is still a good 15 minutes on the highway.

IMO the hotel is new and decent. It’s a HP so set expectations accordingly. I dont really have an accurate review as we stayed in January during stricter pandemic times so the experience would probably be different now.

If you have a car there are quite a few restaurants within a 5-7 min drive. There is a grocery store just one block away.

IIRC Square on malll has free parking.

lsquare Oct 16, 2021 4:56 pm

What was the breakfast like? Looking for some details.

illico Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm

It was rotating breakfast (served to go at the time into a styrofoam box). I recall:
French toast
pancakes
scrambled eggs
breakfast sandwich

sides could be sausage, home fries
self serve items included bagels, bread, yogurt, fruit cup.
juice, coffee…

lsquare Oct 16, 2021 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by illico (Post 33650708)
It was rotating breakfast (served to go at the time into a styrofoam box). I recall:
French toast
pancakes
scrambled eggs
breakfast sandwich

sides could be sausage, home fries
self serve items included bagels, bread, yogurt, fruit cup.
juice, coffee…

Rotating as in everyday will be different?

Sounds fairly basic, but a luxury compared to the continental option at Hilton.

illico Oct 16, 2021 5:22 pm

The rotation should occur over 4-5 days (at least it did when we were there). I thought it was ok for what it was, though I am not a fan of the scrambled eggs. Hyatt Place Edmonton had the same eggs and they weren’t my favourite.

lsquare Oct 16, 2021 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by illico (Post 33650738)
The rotation should occur over 4-5 days (at least it did when we were there). I thought it was ok for what it was, though I am not a fan of the scrambled eggs. Hyatt Place Edmonton had the same eggs and they weren’t my favourite.

How long was your stay?

illico Oct 16, 2021 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 33650747)
How long was your stay?

We were mattress running at the time to take advantage of the Q4/q1 promo. As we work from home, we were there for 15 days, but did not eat the breakfast every day

martyYYZ Oct 17, 2021 9:20 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 33650516)

I have updated OP to say category 2
Parking is free at Square One mall
There's not much within walking distance of the hotel.