Search

HGU New York - A SLH hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

HGU New York - A SLH hotel

Just saw another New York Hyatt option in the Hyatt app.

Located in hip NoMad, just minutes away from Fifth Avenue and the Empire State Building, HGU New York is a rock’s throw from all the food, culture, and shopping Manhattan has to offer. Inside, the boutique hotel blends past and present with original pre-war features, a contemporary art collection, and midcentury modern décor.

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 28, 2019 at 11:40 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:46 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I just checked one date (the next time I'll be in NYC) but was surprised to see the rates for this property on hyatt.com were comparable to the rates if booked direct. This is first SLH property where I haven't seen a premium for booking via Hyatt channels.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skj
I just checked one date (the next time I'll be in NYC) but was surprised to see the rates for this property on hyatt.com were comparable to the rates if booked direct. This is first SLH property where I haven't seen a premium for booking via Hyatt channels.
I saw the same for my dates too. It's actually a fair price for the location and quality.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I did a quick 1-night stay at this hotel to earn the 3,000 points per stay bonus. The rate on the Hyatt site was the same as the non-AAA rate available at other sources.

Check-in was efficient; the agent had all the details. He advised they had upgraded me from a Queen to a King and handed me an envelope explaining the Hyatt benefits at SLH and a voucher for continental breakfast. Room was rather nice. Breakfast was a bit odd; choice was either yogurt, fruit or a basket of bread. I asked if I could mix a couple of things (fruit and some bread) and was told no. The bread basket I got was rather large but high quality.

All in a all a good stay considering the 3,000 point bonus. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, at least on a short trip.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone who has stayed here comment on the "pre-war style bathroom"? That scares me just a little. Can't find a pic of that on the website, but I picture myself huddling in a bathtub "showering" with a drippy hose.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by josephstern
Can anyone who has stayed here comment on the "pre-war style bathroom"? That scares me just a little. Can't find a pic of that on the website, but I picture myself huddling in a bathtub "showering" with a drippy hose.
Especially since they didn't say pre-WHICH war. Bathroom styles before the Revolutionary War were pretty horrible by modern standards, I'd presume...
River in Sight likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:32 pm

Any recent stays here?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:08 pm

Bumping this thread. Some rates are quite good for this property; wondering if anyone has stayed recently.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Booked a stay here November. Was in the Centric 5th, wanted to mix it up!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Read the non-FT reviews on this place - they seemed pretty bad. Dont know if its worth it :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.