Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As a Globalist, what's the earliest you've ever been able to check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Will be heading to The Confidante next month, but arriving early in the morning on a Saturday. Around 9am. At times in the past at other hotels, I have sometimes asked for (and received!!!) a noon check-in, but never tried for 9am. I know I could always book a room the night before, but trying to avoid that. I'm guessing it will be unlikely as it will be Miami Beach on a weekend during prime spring break time. Anyone, particularly Globalists, have success at this? Or anyone wanna guess the likelihood of getting this request?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Will be heading to The Confidante next month, but arriving early in the morning on a Saturday. Around 9am. At times in the past at other hotels, I have sometimes asked for (and received!!!) a noon check-in, but never tried for 9am. I know I could always book a room the night before, but trying to avoid that. I'm guessing it will be unlikely as it will be Miami Beach on a weekend during prime spring break time. Anyone, particularly Globalists, have success at this? Or anyone wanna guess the likelihood of getting this request?
Ask your concierge to put in a special request for you and make clear you'll accept any room type. I'd follow up with an email to the hotel reminding them a day or two before check in. Assuming they aren't full the night before, it really shouldn't be a big problem.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I arrived at GH Incheon at 6:30am before and not having booked the previous night. Front desk asked for me to pay for the previous night and I agreed because was dead tired. Only to fight it later with the EAM and he agreed that as a hub airport location that flexible check in times were not unreasonable for Globalist travelers. Excellent service!

Asking kindly and early would be recommended and probably always granted.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Showed up at the Andaz 5th Ave around 830am last January without issue and was even offered breakfast. But that's just one anecdote as YMMV depending on the specific hotel, occupancy rates, etc.

Agree with @lighthouse206 that working through your concierge on this will have the highest chance for success.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I arrived at GH Incheon at 6:30am before and not having booked the previous night. Front desk asked for me to pay for the previous night and I agreed because was dead tired. Only to fight it later with the EAM and he agreed that as a hub airport location that flexible check in times were not unreasonable for Globalist travelers. Excellent service!

Asking kindly and early would be recommended and probably always granted.
Plus... "priority" early check-in is a published benefit for Globalists.....
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
"priority" early check-in is a published benefit for Globalists.....
But "early" is never defined.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But "early" is never defined.
Which is why I suggested working through his/her Concierge and reminding the hotel a day or two before. If you do those things in Hyatt world, your request is typically honored (especially something noted as a benefit)...
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Wasn’t a premier property but I arrived at the Hyatt place ft lauderdale last week at 8am and was able to check in and have breakfast.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
I had one crazy 4:30am check-in at Hyatt Regency in Sonoma.
Another one was less crazy 6:00am check-in at Grand Manchester in SD

As for the priority check-in benefit definition, can someone point me to it in T&C? I just remembered something that happened to me late last year. When I drove down and arrived early in the morning well ahead of 3pm check-in time, I needed sleep so badly that I almost begged for them to open any room until my confirmed suite is ready. Probably around 8am and hotel wasn't close to full. The guy at front desk told me he could give me a room but I would lose out the confirmed (TSU-upgraded, not paid) suite if I took it. At that time, I was worn out and almost 100% sure that is BS so I took the key without arguing. Later that day, I had no problem explaining the situation and retrieving the suite that I booked.

In my mind, I thought (and was 100% confident that) Globalist was entitled to a regular room upon early check-in if their room, suite or not, is not prepared. Skimming through T&C, I realize that was completely baseless! lol. Also, I do not even see any specific explanation of early check-in.

(f) Priority Room Availability is probably the cause of confusion in my mind but it does not even sound like your check-in time is relevant.

Granted, I did not read the whole T&C thoroughly, but I could not find any mentioning of early check-in let alone priority early check-in.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
We had a 6am checkin at Andaz Mayakoba. Led to three breakfasts for a 1-night stay.

They asked us to eat in one restaurant while giving us the golf cart tour of resort (we just had coffee and toast, the spread there was just O.K). We really wanted the better full buffet at the main restaurant so we did that after check in. Also had buffet brunch the next day.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Plus... "priority" early check-in is a published benefit for Globalists.....
Priority and early can go a number of ways depending on the FD person. They're within their rights to ask for previous night if you're coming in the wee hours of the morning. I actually book the night before in most cases if it's a long haul.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:44 am
Original Poster

As the OP, I appreciate the feedback. Have already reached out to my concierge and plan on contacting the hotel a couple of day prior to arrival. I didn't realize my "early" 9am check in request doesn't compare to some of your ultra early check in requests. To me, the biggest factor will likely be availability. I just wonder how often hotels are really truly 100% sold out. I often hear FD agents say "we're full" tonight...but not as often do I hear how full or that they're completely sold out.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
As the OP, I appreciate the feedback. Have already reached out to my concierge and plan on contacting the hotel a couple of day prior to arrival. I didn't realize my "early" 9am check in request doesn't compare to some of your ultra early check in requests. To me, the biggest factor will likely be availability. I just wonder how often hotels are really truly 100% sold out. I often hear FD agents say "we're full" tonight...but not as often do I hear how full or that they're completely sold out.
If it's actually sold out the night before you'll likely have trouble. It's not a sure bet of available clean rooms, but check the availability online the night before to see what it looks like.

My advice differs from others' advice here... in my experience, I get a "no" most of the time when asking in advance... more precisely, I get a "call back the morning of." But almost every time I call the morning of, I've been able to check in early, including ~8x between 8 and 9 a.m. at Park Hyatt Washington DC, 1x at 5 a.m. at Hyatt Regency Dulles, and a few others.

Having stayed at the Confidante a few times, I would be very surprised if they confirmed a free 9 a.m. check in earlier than the morning of, but I would also be very surprised if they didn't let you check in at 9 a.m. when you arrived assuming a room is available. That is, I would not expect you to have Aventine's situation where they check you in but only if you pay extra.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
If it's actually sold out the night before you'll likely have trouble. It's not a sure bet of available clean rooms, but check the availability online the night before to see what it looks like.

My advice differs from others' advice here... in my experience, I get a "no" most of the time when asking in advance... more precisely, I get a "call back the morning of." But almost every time I call the morning of, I've been able to check in early, including ~8x between 8 and 9 a.m. at Park Hyatt Washington DC, 1x at 5 a.m. at Hyatt Regency Dulles, and a few others.

Having stayed at the Confidante a few times, I would be very surprised if they confirmed a free 9 a.m. check in earlier than the morning of, but I would also be very surprised if they didn't let you check in at 9 a.m. when you arrived assuming a room is available. That is, I would not expect you to have Aventine's situation where they check you in but only if you pay extra.
Just to be clear I never said they would CONFIRM it in advance... they won't do that. I said if they are aware of the request (through Concierge AND reminder days before) then absent a sell out they are likely to grant the request when you arrive. Calling same day is yet another way to make sure they are aware of the request before you arrive...
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Checked into the PH Zurich once at 9:30am (into a complimentary suite as well!) and once at 1:00pm with no issues either time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.