Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Taking that at face value, why would a devalued status match be enticing to Marriott elites?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Taking that at face value, why would a devalued status match be enticing to Marriott elites?
Because Marriott isn’t working out that much better for them?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
For a current globalist that will have more than 60 nights and requal anyways, I do not see any downside of the changes.
55 or 60, I do not care. lol. Won't affect 2019, either.

Added bonuses are
a) extra cat4 cert for staying at five different brands. (Yearly? Prob not.)
b) Your choice of 5,000 Bonus Points, a $100 Hyatt Gift Card after 40th or whatever. I'd definitely pick gift card.

They didn't seem to take any benefits away, correct?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
For a current globalist that will have more than 60 nights and requal anyways, I do not see any downside of the changes.
55 or 60, I do not care. lol. Won't affect 2019, either.

Added bonuses are
a) extra cat4 cert for staying at five different brands. (Yearly? Prob not.)
b) Your choice of 5,000 Bonus Points, a $100 Hyatt Gift Card after 40th or whatever. I'd definitely pick gift card.

They didn't seem to take any benefits away, correct?
Will Club lounge access still be unlimited for Globalists? I read something one of the bloggers wrote that seemed to imply that Club lounge access would be limited to the 4 certificates that would be earned at the 20 and 30-night milestones...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Will Club lounge access still be unlimited for Globalists? I read something one of the bloggers wrote that seemed to imply that Club lounge access would be limited to the 4 certificates that would be earned at the 20 and 30-night milestones...
I hope it's still the same as always been or I have almost no reason to stay at Hyatt anymore.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:08 pm

A quick read of the terms would tell you that glob benefits including lounge access are remaining the same with the addition of the bonus points and the change in nights needed.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
There would be a riot (looks in mirror...well, as much as older, mostly coddled dudes actually riot).

There would be lots of folks leaving, and such a system would be very out of step with other hotel programs.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
It’s too bad that Hyatt continues not to offer anything based on base points beyond 100k.

I’m at over 200k base points but less than 40 nights and surpassing 100k base points get me nothing.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Aventine
I hope it's still the same as always been or I have almost no reason to stay at Hyatt anymore.
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
There would be a riot (looks in mirror...well, as much as older, mostly coddled dudes actually riot).

There would be lots of folks leaving, and such a system would be very out of step with other hotel programs.
According to https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...t-terms-2.html, there are no changes to lounge access
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great news overall. Hyatt is taking advantage of upheaval at Marriott to grab some market shares.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:25 pm

I have already re-qualified for Globalist next year (i.e. through Feb.2020).

In 2019, if I do 50 nights, I would get TWO suite upgrades. If I do 55 nights, I would qualify for Globalist again, but will NOT get the remaining TWO suite upgrades. I will only get these remaining TWO upgrades when I hit 60 nights. Correct? If so, then that would be worse off than Globalists in 2018 (who got all FOUR suite upgrades upon hitting 55 nights)?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I have already re-qualified for Globalist next year (i.e. through Feb.2020).

In 2019, if I do 50 nights, I would get TWO suite upgrades. If I do 55 nights, I would qualify for Globalist again, but will NOT get the remaining TWO suite upgrades. I will only get these remaining TWO upgrades when I hit 60 nights. Correct? If so, then that would be worse off than Globalists in 2018 (who got all FOUR suite upgrades upon hitting 55 nights)?
The way I read T&C, yes. You will lose out if you end up being between 55-60 nights for 2019. But this is a one time special situation for 2019 only. You will not re-qualify for less than 60 nights in 2020.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
The 55-night requalification was dumb from the start. All it did was breed confusion.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
nothing after 100 nights

it’s simply unbelievable that I crossed 110 nights and you don’t get any points or upgrades after 100 nights.... clearly this is another major flaw with the WOH program, and I’m sure I’m not the only one that is beyond frustrated with this...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
But then again, Hyatt would be hard-pressed to convince folks that their I.T. Security is world class. i think Hyatt hasn't been hit by hackers (yet) because hackers prefer bigger targets.
Only twice, as far as I and Google remember.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/10/...ch-in-2-years/

Granted, not quite at the scale of Marriott, but nothing at Hyatt is at that scale . Unfettered access to the payment systems of 250 properties in 50 countries for four months is pretty bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.