FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Globalist Concierge Advice (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1939874-globalist-concierge-advice.html)

CloudCoder Feb 14, 2019 3:40 am

I contacted Hyatt and requested assignment to ( I provided a list of the top three Concierges mentioned in this thread ). I seek out the best, which is why I choose Hyatt. Why not also go for the best concierge? It took several months to get my initial concierge assignment . I hope I live long enough for the re-assignment to come through .

ryandc99 Feb 14, 2019 4:23 am

Originally Posted by lighthouse206 (Post 30714172)
I seriously don't know how she keeps her job. If it's the same Cathy (and I'm certain it is) she is truly horrible. Ask for a new one. My new one is FAB.

If you don't mind me asking, who is your new one?

applejax Mar 5, 2019 1:22 am

Greetings fellow Globalists, I am in need of a referral. I have had pretty bad luck with Hyatt concierge service.... My original concierge contacted me once 3 years ago basically underselling the service as "alternative reservation service" I recently followed up to see if there was more to this service then just a reservation agent and I was told I had a new person assigned. So far I'm completely underwhelmed with her, I've asked for her help with basic stuff like special occasion, airport transfer and some local information about the area i'm visiting and she hasn't really done anything useful... I would love if some of you fellow deserning Globalists can help me get a concierge thats great... If you wouldn't mind telling me what your concierge has done thats amazing and help me know who to ask to be referred to. Thank you so much for your help.

Aventine Mar 5, 2019 2:08 am

Originally Posted by applejax (Post 30849398)
Greetings fellow Globalists, I am in need of a referral. I have had pretty bad luck with Hyatt concierge service.... My original concierge contacted me once 3 years ago basically underselling the service as "alternative reservation service" I recently followed up to see if there was more to this service then just a reservation agent and I was told I had a new person assigned. So far I'm completely underwhelmed with her, I've asked for her help with basic stuff like special occasion, airport transfer some local information about the area i'm visiting and she hasn't really done anything useful... I would love if some of you fellow deserning Globalists can help me get a concierge thats great... If you wouldn't mind telling me what your concierge has done thats amazing and help me know who to ask to be referred to. Thank you so much for your help.

These Concierges aren't Clef d'or local concierges. I think it's best to ask the hotel you're going to for local travel information and the car transfer. The Hyatt concierge should be doing special requests and booking related matters though.

applejax Mar 5, 2019 2:17 am

Even Citi concierge offer me a local guide and arrange a airport transfer. Obviously I know I can call the hotel myself but I'm trying to find some use in this Globalist "benefit" I can go on to the Hyatt property website and arrange an airport transfer but I figured this should be an easy thing for the concierge to arrange but apparently I shouldn't expect anything more then a reservation agent? Honestly I expect something closer to "Clef d'or" service.

Can anyone DM me a referral for Michelle?

MSPeconomist Mar 5, 2019 2:40 am

My Hyatt Concierge (and my previous Private Line Agent) most certainly have arranged airport transfers (car service) through the hotel where I'll be staying. IMO they should also serve as the go between for the local hotel concierge to make restaurant reservations and similar requests. They should do more for us than confirm TSU requests.

applejax Mar 5, 2019 3:34 am

UPDATE: Well I gave up on hearing back from my concierge and booked via a highly recommended 3rd party limo service. I paid $34.00 compared to the Hyatt that was charging $147.00. So in essence my concierge just cost Hyatt $113.00 Because I would have most likely paid the $147.00 if my concierge had been prompt in her response and showed a willingness to arrange this on my behalf. But I guess I'm grateful for her laziness because I can now spend that $113.00 on a nice meal or something else.

Aventine Mar 5, 2019 4:07 am

Ever since my concierge told me to go contact the front desk since I'm on property. I've just had zero faith in this program.

MSPeconomist Mar 5, 2019 7:28 am

Originally Posted by applejax (Post 30849663)
UPDATE: Well I gave up on hearing back from my concierge and booked via a highly recommended 3rd party limo service. I paid $34.00 compared to the Hyatt that was charging $147.00. So in essence my concierge just cost Hyatt $113.00 Because I would have most likely paid the $147.00 if my concierge had been prompt in her response and showed a willingness to arrange this on my behalf. But I guess I'm grateful for her laziness because I can now spend that $113.00 on a nice meal or something else.

Please make sure that the meal is not in a Hyatt hotel restaurant.

canyonleo Mar 5, 2019 9:03 am

I had Cathy G years ago, and found the program of no value and didn't use it. I then asked for a switch, and my current agent and her team (I often get replies from another agent, which is fine by me) is great - although I don't use an agent for much... maybe 3-4 times a year (missing points, apply a TSU to a res, etc.).

I'm told Cathy G no longer works for Hyatt, so maybe a different Cathy than so many are referencing.

josephstern Mar 5, 2019 11:11 am

Cathy G still works for Hyatt.

canyonleo Mar 5, 2019 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30851156)
Cathy G still works for Hyatt.

Well, that explains it (the many posts above).

gengar Mar 5, 2019 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by applejax (Post 30849398)
Greetings fellow Globalists, I am in need of a referral. I have had pretty bad luck with Hyatt concierge service.... My original concierge contacted me once 3 years ago basically underselling the service as "alternative reservation service" I recently followed up to see if there was more to this service then just a reservation agent and I was told I had a new person assigned. So far I'm completely underwhelmed with her, I've asked for her help with basic stuff like special occasion, airport transfer and some local information about the area i'm visiting and she hasn't really done anything useful... I would love if some of you fellow deserning Globalists can help me get a concierge thats great... If you wouldn't mind telling me what your concierge has done thats amazing and help me know who to ask to be referred to. Thank you so much for your help.

I don't think you're ever going to be satisfied if you are expecting the Glob concierges to provide local visitor information or anything even remotely resembling Clef d'Or service. These are basically call center agents, most of whom only work part time and work from home.

I still think this is a valuable program even if all the Glob concierges do is assist with administrative issues and reservations issues.

txhyattlvr Mar 5, 2019 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 30851479)
Well, that explains it (the many posts above).

Ahhhh Cathy G... she's a bit of a legend. Once I moved on from her I've gotten great value from the program but the key, like most things, is expectations. I don't expect someone based in Omaha to find me a restaurant in Vienna, or arrange transportation in New York. I can have her be a "go between" but why not just email the concierges at the hotel? The emails are typically on Hyatt.com, and I've done that before with fine results.

Best benefit of Concierges is a single point of contact for reservations, and all issues related to reservations. I can email mine and say "make a res for this date please" and it's simply done. I don't have to login or do anything except send an email. If there's an issue just send an email. She knows my history which is nice too (not having to repeat myself with various other agents). But at the end of the day, yes she is basically a glorified and somewhat empowered reservation agent and I'm happy with that.

VegasGambler Mar 5, 2019 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30849557)
My Hyatt Concierge (and my previous Private Line Agent) most certainly have arranged airport transfers (car service) through the hotel where I'll be staying. IMO they should also serve as the go between for the local hotel concierge to make restaurant reservations and similar requests. They should do more for us than confirm TSU requests.

I just applied TSUs to two upcoming stays. I did it on the phone (globalist line) and it took 5 minutes, with no hold time.

I'm not sure I understand what I'm supposed to be using the concierge for. I got assigned Michelle who is supposed to be really good, but I don't understand how adding another layer of communication between me and the hotel is supposed to make my life easier.

Re: car service... I don't get it. I often get offers from the hotel to arrange a car service. They are always ridiculously expensive (like, 3-4x a cab). And it's just a regular car -- not a limo or anything, with no service beyond what a cab provides. I'm not sure why I'd pay a few extra hundred dollars for one of these rather than just hop in a cab?