FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Globalist Concierge Advice (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1939874-globalist-concierge-advice.html)

VegasGambler Jan 23, 2019 1:13 pm

I used mine in PHX. Flying AS, so, same terminal. But it was just so bad...

There is a "The Club" lounge there too (Priority Pass) but their hours are just strange.

Anyway, back on topic.. I don't see and overall reduction in Globalist benefits. The lounge passes were minor, to say the least. Starting later this year you will need to be flying UA or a partner to use the pass, making it even more worthless. And this is probably initiated by UA, not Hyatt. They are obviously taking steps to reduce the number of people in their lounges. Even people who pay $600/year for access will have to be flying UA or a partner to get access starting in November.

skj Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30691700)
Anyway, back on topic..

The topic is My Hyatt Concierges ...

faboi0us Jan 25, 2019 3:59 pm

I just reached out to Karen to help get me a suite at PH Vendome, she didn't even bother researching available dates or attempt to contact the hotel. She basically told me what I already knew(there isn't any standard suites available). Guess I'll try my luck calling in to regular customer service.

59Impala Jan 26, 2019 1:02 am

I'm really happy with my concierge, Beatriz. She's based in Europe. That may be a difference too, compared to the ones based in the US?
Beatriz does all possible, contacts the hotel, tries to find ways to help, calls me, gives updates, options etc.

Truly great.

CIT85 Jan 27, 2019 7:28 pm

I was assigned Cathy a year ago. She told me that I should call regular line to make reservations. I have not reached out to her for anything. I might as well not have a Concierge.

I haven't had any special requests other than with Hyatt Regency Etoile last year, which I worked with the hotel directly.

krazieman Jan 27, 2019 10:26 pm

I used mine to book a night with my cat 1-7 certificate. Quick email much easier than calling.

josephstern Jan 27, 2019 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman (Post 30708661)
I used mine to book a night with my cat 1-7 certificate. Quick email much easier than calling.

Pretty easy to use those online also . . .

VegasGambler Jan 28, 2019 12:50 am

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 30708243)
I was assigned Cathy a year ago. She told me that I should call regular line to make reservations.

That is ridiculous. How does she still work there?

She is outright telling customers that she doesn't feel like doing her job so they should do it for her?

faboi0us Jan 29, 2019 12:48 am

Originally Posted by faboi0us (Post 30701090)
I just reached out to Karen to help get me a suite at PH Vendome, she didn't even bother researching available dates or attempt to contact the hotel. She basically told me what I already knew(there isn't any standard suites available). Guess I'll try my luck calling in to regular customer service.

With my guidance, Karen was able to work with the PH Vendome to upgrade(paid) me to an executive suite after applying a TSU(with no standard suites available). It just took two e-mails so I'd consider this a success with the concierge!

CloudCoder Jan 29, 2019 7:36 am

My concierge was already listed in this thread as a useless one. :( However I find my concierge very helpful. The main benefit is that I can transact most business by email. If there's any kind of billing or reservation problem, I just shoot off an email and then rest assured, knowing that it's solved.

Example: I recently applied a free night to a stay, but the hotel charged me for all the nights. It literally took 15 total seconds to ask the concierge to fix this.

The concierge won't break or even bend any rules for me, which is exactly how I prefer it. I get all bent out of shape when companies or people don't follow their own rules, therefore I try to follow all the rules as written. Still, it's permissible to ask for a special request on occasion. The worst that can happen is they say "no", which is not really a loss. If I have a special request and the concierge won't help, I simply phone the hotel directly (or ask the concierge to do it on my behalf).

Example: recently I had an 8-night stay and wanted to use a TSU for just 7 of the nights. Hyatt policy is that you must use TSU to cover _all_ of your stay. So it would have cost me two TSUs for the 8-night stay. I wasn't willing to blow a TSU for a single night. I wanted to stay 7 nights with a TSU and 1 night without. Concierge would not budge on this issue (which is understandable, because concierge is there to help with reservations that follow Hyatt's written policy). So I called the hotel and asked them to make an exception. Hotel agreed to put me in a regular room for one night and a suite for 7 nights.

Overall I'd say that the concierge service is a huge benefit of being a Globalist.

txhyattlvr Jan 29, 2019 7:56 am

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 30708243)
I was assigned Cathy a year ago. She told me that I should call regular line to make reservations. I have not reached out to her for anything. I might as well not have a Concierge.

I haven't had any special requests other than with Hyatt Regency Etoile last year, which I worked with the hotel directly.

I seriously don't know how she keeps her job. If it's the same Cathy (and I'm certain it is) she is truly horrible. Ask for a new one. My new one is FAB.

MSPeconomist Jan 29, 2019 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder (Post 30714096)
My concierge was already listed in this thread as a useless one. :( However I find my concierge very helpful. The main benefit is that I can transact most business by email. If there's any kind of billing or reservation problem, I just shoot off an email and then rest assured, knowing that it's solved.

Example: I recently applied a free night to a stay, but the hotel charged me for all the nights. It literally took 15 total seconds to ask the concierge to fix this.

The concierge won't break or even bend any rules for me, which is exactly how I prefer it. I get all bent out of shape when companies or people don't follow their own rules, therefore I try to follow all the rules as written. Still, it's permissible to ask for a special request on occasion. The worst that can happen is they say "no", which is not really a loss. If I have a special request and the concierge won't help, I simply phone the hotel directly (or ask the concierge to do it on my behalf).

Example: recently I had an 8-night stay and wanted to use a TSU for just 7 of the nights. Hyatt policy is that you must use TSU to cover _all_ of your stay. So it would have cost me two TSUs for the 8-night stay. I wasn't willing to blow a TSU for a single night. I wanted to stay 7 nights with a TSU and 1 night without. Concierge would not budge on this issue (which is understandable, because concierge is there to help with reservations that follow Hyatt's written policy). So I called the hotel and asked them to make an exception. Hotel agreed to put me in a regular room for one night and a suite for 7 nights.

Overall I'd say that the concierge service is a huge benefit of being a Globalist.

I basically agree, but if you were willing to risk a regular room for one night and the resulting room change after the first night, your WOH My Hyatt Concierge person IMO should have offered to callthe hotel on your behalf rather than forcing you to handle this on your own. They're supposed to offer an elevated level of customer service and even though this wasn't a published benefit, it was a reasonable ask that the hotel could have approved or denied.

VegasGambler Jan 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Moreover, if you can call and ask, why can't the concierge?

They can ask. The hotel can say no.

CloudCoder Jan 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30715665)
... My Hyatt Concierge person IMO should have offered to callthe hotel on your behalf rather than forcing you to handle this on your own. They're supposed to offer an elevated level of customer service and even though this wasn't a published benefit, it was a reasonable ask that the hotel could have approved or denied.

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30716007)
Moreover, if you can call and ask, why can't the concierge?

They can ask. The hotel can say no.

I agree fully. It's just that sometimes I like to handle the ball in one bounce, instead of passing it back and forth. I'll probably start asking the concierge to contact hotels more often on my behalf. Thanks for the feedback.

gengar Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Well, unfortunately I have to report I had my first negative experience with my concierge. I don't want to get into specifics, but I asked my concierge to contact a property in order to resolve an issue preventing a reservation via the website. She replied claiming that I misidentified the issue, but it was obvious she never contacted the hotel at all because when I called the hotel directly the next day, they were able to get me set no problem - and in about 5 minutes, at that. Unfortunately, I'd wanted to reserve a block of rooms at that property and in the time that passed, the hotel had sold out of the room types I needed.

While it wound up being a minor issue, it represents a bigger problem because a concierge should never leave things worse than not having the concierge at all.

This experience and a lot of the dissatisfaction I've read in this thread makes me wonder if the "My Hyatt Concierge" wouldn't be better as simply a centralized e-mail center of well-trained, better-motivated agents. I get the idea of having personalized service from a one-on-one relationship with a single concierge, but there seems to be so much variance between agents and even in experiences with the same agent.

And don't get me wrong, I still think it's a very beneficial program in its current state - even just for resolving administrative or billing issues, it's saved me tons of time by being able to e-mail one contact and get things accomplished. I just wonder if it could be improved.