Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Regency & Grand Club Feedback Requested

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regency & Grand Club Feedback Requested

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:07 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smilee
As far as North America goes, I think Hyatt clubs over the past 20 years have improved. They are larger as many hotels have expanded the size or location of the clubs. Unfortunately some clubs used to have a free happy hour in the evening and serve free wine/beer I don't think any North American ones do now.

The resorts typically have the best clubs in the USA. As far as resorts the clubs in Hawaii stand out for me. Excellent service and I love the fact I can get snacks or drinks mid day as I often spend hours at the resort. Scottsdale is also excellent and busy during the morning and day as people are enjoying the resort and the pools.

Even some hotels I frequent most often such as Bellevue WA, and Vancouver Canada, the service in the club also is what keeps me coming back. I don't go that often maybe 6-12 stays a year, but they always remember me and take a genuine interest in making my stay better any way they can. When I talk to others its not just me, but the Regency Club staff go out of their way for them too.

The biggest reason I have been loyal to Hyatt for so many years is the Club access. Lounges are excellent for when you are busy, just need to grab a drink or snack, or feel that you are "appreciated" for being loyal.
Good to hear and appreciate the participation and feedback
Hope I have shared previously there are the Hyatt clubs that are very good and on point the world over.
Having said that I suppose it depends on the individual property itself and what individual guest appreciates/values
I'd be curious to know your favorites list in Hawaii so please do share!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Just a quick side note to anyone wishing to add any final closing thoughts comments or suggestions.
I have taken notes from this thread and will be sharing these directly with corporate this week
So if there is anything anyone would like to add to this thread the sooner the better
Your thoughts have exceeded my expectations in what I wish to bring to their attention and I can't thank you all enough for the helpful feedback
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I think of a club as a downgrade. If two properties are equal, and one has a club ... then I'm going to chose the one WITHOUT the club, every time. The reason is the quality of the breakfast. A Globalist restaurant breakfast is far superior to a club breakfast, in every case.

Yet one nice thing about a club is the availability of drinks (non-alcoholic: I never imbibe). It seems to me that the real sweet spot would be a hotel with no club, but with a place for Globalists to get drinks. The HR North Dallas seems to do it right: no club, restaurant breakfast, and Globalists get a generous allowance of items from the small store adjacent to the front desk. Or HR Santa Clara: club is closed on weekends, but the room is actually open and you can get drinks from the fridge. Or HR Bloomington MN ... same deal (club is closed on certain days, yet it's open and you can get drinks). When I say "drinks" I mean bottled water, soft drinks, etc. I recognize that free booze is a big draw for some people, but it's absolutely meaningless to me (and if I had my druthers, None of my Hyatt spend would go toward subsidizing free booze for others).

There are a VERY few clubs where the concierge service is amazing. HR Minneapolis comes to mind. Some clubs offer a fabulous view. HR St. Louis at the Arch and HR New Orleans.

If I could make ONE improvement in the club structure: on days when the club is crowded, I wish the front desk would give Globalists the option to have breakfast in the restaurant. It helps the guest and it helps the club. BTW, on crowded days, I wonder if ALL those folks are Globalists? Or did they get club access by some other way? In more than a few instances, the Globalist club breakfast benefit was completely unavailable (depleted items, no place to sit, etc.) due to overcrowding.

Overall, the single biggest benefit of the club (to me) is bottled non-alcoholic drinks. As far as I'm concerned, Hyatt could supply them in the room for far less cost and bother, and I'd be equally happy.

Appreciate the feedback very much and wanted to expand on your excellent thoughts
We think very similar in that shared viewpoint on a restaurant breakfast and I echo you on being a nondrinker.I'm a big fan of sparkling water Perrier Pelligrio etc
.When a club is truly on point I’m delighted to take my breakfast in the club But when it isn’t I cant get to the restaurant quick enough in or out of house.
Like the concept of restaurant and soft drinks as needed when there isn’t a dedicated club Perfect for the HR North Dallas property
Obviously that’s not what all guests want and some would be unhappy with that arrangement in many a hotel.
I do want to make a suggestion when a club isn’t up to fair reasonable standards for what a Hyatt continental should be or there is overcrowding that I highly suggest you reach out to a front desk manager or front office manager
and request you wish to have your continental in the restaurant l If the failure is reasonable with no place to sit, non-replenished dishes, out of food etc.yu desevre it
Rather than never come back I believe most full service look to take care of the issue and make for happy guests
CloudCoder likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:39 pm

My first experience with the club was I believe at the HR in Bellevue, Washington. The thing that I recalled was the coffee machine, which was very impressive to us.

We've since experienced the Hyatt clubs in Lost Pines (outside of Austin), Orlando(Grand Cypress), and DC (Grand Hyatt). There was complimentary alcohol in Austin and Orlando, but not in DC.

The breakfast is the most useful aspect of the club for us. We have four young kids and it's just easier and cheaper for us to feed everyone, and then grab a bunch of waters and snacks before heading out to site see. It's also great to stop by in the mid afternoon for coffee and cold drinks.

​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.