Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Prive and Citi Concierge together

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Booked a room today on my Citi card with 4th night free and they told me they are now a Hyatt Prive agent, and they offered me a rate 15 dollars cheaper than what I had, plus they stated I still get 4th night free, plus other benefits like a resort credit and such. This is news to me.
SanDiego1K, aradisc, Colin and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Booked a room today on my Citi card with 4th night free and they told me they are now a Hyatt Prive agent, and they offered me a rate 15 dollars cheaper than what I had, plus they stated I still get 4th night free, plus other benefits like a resort credit and such. This is news to me.
If this is true this is a great perk and reason for me to keep my prestige card.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Exciting news! I emailed Citi Concierge, asked about this, and they replied confirming they are indeed a Hyatt Prive agent.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.

Last edited by edsh; Jun 17, 2018 at 3:08 pm
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:17 pm

Asked for it on a booking today and got it done, no followup required. Both email and phone reps were familiar with it. Probably has swayed my decision on keeping the Prestige.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by aradisc
Asked for it on a booking today and got it done, no followup required. Both email and phone reps were familiar with it. Probably has swayed my decision on keeping the Prestige.
Yeah, if they'd just offer a signup bonus again, I'd get one
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Can I use Citi Concierge with Hyatt Prive if I have the Thank You Premier card?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I have found the rate to be slightly higher with Prive generally
For a Globalist if the in house credit is lower 50 dollars vs 100 which it can vary from property to property it might not be worth it
I'm more interested in the complimentary breakfast and taking it in the restaurant where there may be a poorly performing Regency Club due to poor selection, quality or overcrowding or all of those issues
I really like staying with Hilton International where I get to choose Executive club or restaurant or a combination of both during my stays at their better properties as a top tier member
Its really cutting down some of my business with Hyatt overseas as well as the extremely limited breakfast credit one receives in hotels like Park Hyatt NY and select Andaz properties in NYC
Always odd to me that the most expensive premium properties are also sometimes the least generous

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 24, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Can I use Citi Concierge with Hyatt Prive if I have the Thank You Premier card?
To my understanding as stated from the Citi Concierge travel dept folks the answer is yes
You can call & book a Prive Rate but there would no added benefits that the Prestige Card offers
Just the published benefits that the Prive package rate offers
uppereastsider likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
I was just informed by an email agent that the Prive rate is not combinable with 4th night free from the prestige card. Any other data points?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Well it sure better be since I booked a stay under that rate and explicitly asked because THEY offered it to me as opposed to the rate I was going to book. They confirmed several times it would count and my email says that my stay is eligible for the 4th night and my credit will be X.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Yep - Citi concierge offered me the Prive rate with fourth night free when I tried to make a fourth night free booking, so either that agent is wrong or the policy has changed.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iherebyresign
I was just informed by an email agent that the Prive rate is not combinable with 4th night free from the prestige card. Any other data points?
Originally Posted by steveholt
Yep - Citi concierge offered me the Prive rate with fourth night free when I tried to make a fourth night free booking, so either that agent is wrong or the policy has changed.
​​​​​​
I was told that it was a policy change.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG/Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Plat Pro
Policy change for 4th night free / Hyatt prive.

called prestige concierge twice this morning to book a stay at an andaz. Agent 1 said either I could book fourth night free or Hyatt prive rate, but I couldn’t combine them together. Agent 1 said this was a policy change from Hyatt effective yesterday. I called back and agent 2 confirmed the same thing, saying they received an email that as of yesterday the two could not be booked together. Changes the calculus on certain Hyatt bookings - would love th free breakfast and guaranteed upgrade within 24 hours of booking, space permitting, and the 4th night free. But without it, I’m either going to book cancellable Hyatt member rates or AAA rates. Wish I booked this on Sunday.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
This is disappointing. Hyatt now also has their own 4th night free privé rates at some properties, perhaps this is to eliminate a potential conflict between the two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.