Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Promotion - Go Farther with 1,000 AA miles .....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER

Reward yourself with 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles per qualifying stay at any Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel around the world. Enjoy hotels thoughtfully designed around you—with spacious rooms, free Wi-Fi and more—plus earn additional AAdvantage® miles to get to your dream vacation faster.

Here’s how it works:

You must be bothaWorld of Hyatt and an AAdvantage® member to participate. (Not a member of World of Hyatt? Join and then register).
  1. Register by April 30, 2018, with your World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® membership numbers.
  2. Stay at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel and check out between February 20 and June 30, 2018.
  3. When you check in:
Choose miles: Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles + the standard 500 AAdvantage® miles for your stay.

OR

Choose points: Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles + World of Hyatt Base Points for your eligible spend.

Simply register by April 30, and complete your stay between February 20 and June 30, 2018.

Stackable promotion between Hyatt and AA....

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-airlines.html
SanDiego1K and Brendan like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

Nice find. It says it's good on award stays as well as paid.

For the purpose of this promotion, an “eligible stay” is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:41 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It's nostalgic to find a promo which rewards stays (instead of nights or dollars).

I just might do some good old-fashioned hotel-hopping to maximize this promo.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Interesting... Hyatt doing their own version of Double Dip. Could be an actual improvement to WoH.

Call me slightly skeptical though that Hyatt IT can actually manage doing miles and points and elite status credit for the same stay...

Last edited by craigthemif; Feb 25, 2018 at 3:09 am
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
Just tried signing up - a couple of times - repeated error messages that it does not recognize my Hyatt membership number.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by travelerp
Just tried signing up - a couple of times - repeated error messages that it does not recognize my Hyatt membership number.

I had the same problem until I capitalized the letters and hit register again.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Just registered for this but I am unsure what it means that I "choose at checkin" whether I want Hyatt base points or AA miles. I wonder whether the FDA will know to ask; or if I will get a puzzled look when I state my preference.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:04 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by slippahs
Just registered for this but I am unsure what it means that I "choose at checkin" whether I want Hyatt base points or AA miles.
I think you set your account for whether you want to earn Hyatt points or airline miles on an ongoing basis. I've always thought that Hyatt points was the better value but if someone only stays very sporadically then airline miles might work for them. From the list of program benefits:

In lieu of Base Points, opt to earn miles with our airline partners for stays at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts

So this bonus means no matter whether you have chosen Hyatt points or airline miles, you can also earn the AA 1000 point bonus.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I imagine you will also get the 500pt for the current Hyatt promotion.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I think you set your account for whether you want to earn Hyatt points or airline miles on an ongoing basis. I've always thought that Hyatt points was the better value but if someone only stays very sporadically then airline miles might work for them. From the list of program benefits:

In lieu of Base Points, opt to earn miles with our airline partners for stays at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts

So this bonus means no matter whether you have chosen Hyatt points or airline miles, you can also earn the AA 1000 point bonus.
On a related note, anyone know if one gets the 500 airline miles for award stays if choosing to receive miles instead of Hyatt points? Obviously, there’s no spend on an award night, so there wouldn’t be any base Hyatt points to be earned. I’m guessing the answer is no, but wanted to confirm. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:59 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
too bad - only valid for HP and HH stays...I have 4 stays coming up in this period, but none of them HP or HH
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by travelerp
Did you perhaps flip-flop your membership numbers? I was unsure, at first, which was the "membership number" and which was the "partner number." When I put the Hyatt number in first it worked.

Happy to see this. I've got an award stay at Hyatt Place beginning tomorrow night.

My only concern is that if I choose 1500 AA miles will I not get credit for the Hyatt stay?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I think you set your account for whether you want to earn Hyatt points or airline miles on an ongoing basis.
I spent a solid 30 minutes trying to find this on the Hyatt website. I don't think it's there. I think you have to opt-out of points at check-in.

I seem to recall that you don't earn status credit if you choose miles instead of points. YMMV but looking forward to a data point or two, especially from those tempted to try for 1500 miles on an award night.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I have 1 HP stay next month -- might as well pick up the 1000 AA miles. I don't have a feeling to change any travel because of this though -- I would rather stay at a HR and pick up 1000 WoH bonus points than stay at a HP and pick up 500 WoH and 1000 AAdvantage points. For me, WoH point has been worth minimum 2.2 cents apiece, whereas the best I have been able to redeem AA for is 1.0 cents apeice.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I spent a solid 30 minutes trying to find this on the Hyatt website. I don't think it's there. I think you have to opt-out of points at check-in.

I seem to recall that you don't earn status credit if you choose miles instead of points. YMMV but looking forward to a data point or two, especially from those tempted to try for 1500 miles on an award night.
Yup, the T&Cs confirm that selection has to be made at check-in:

If a member selects to earn World of Hyatt Base Points at check-in, member will receive 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles in addition to World of Hyatt Base Points earned. If a member selects to earn miles at check-in, member will receive 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles in addition to 500 base miles earned.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.