FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Why Would Hyatt Not Have A Towneplace Suites/Home2 Suites Rival (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1895362-why-would-hyatt-not-have-towneplace-suites-home2-suites-rival.html)

purplenightskylovertv Feb 23, 2018 9:35 am

Why Would Hyatt Not Have A Towneplace Suites/Home2 Suites Rival

Just to clarify, give me a reason why Hyatt is not trying to dip their toes into the mid-scale extended-stay market (you know, Towneplace Suites or Home2 Suites)...

craigthemif Feb 23, 2018 9:36 am

They do. It's called Hyatt House...

purplenightskylovertv Feb 23, 2018 9:42 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 29450331)
They do. It's called Hyatt House...

That's more on the level of Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, and Staybridge Suites. I'm talking about on the level of a Towneplace Suites, Home2 Suites, Candlewood Suites, and Mainstay Suites. Even though Towneplace Suites is my least favorite Marriott, at least from my experience.

mahasamatman Feb 23, 2018 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker (Post 29450347)
That's more on the level of Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, and Staybridge Suites. I'm talking about on the level of a Towneplace Suites, Home2 Suites, Candlewood Suites, and Mainstay Suites.

What's the diferrence? They all seem the same to me.

Hyatt is way too small to be able to get into every niche market, and would be committing corporate suicide if they tried.

craz Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker (Post 29450347)
That's more on the level of Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, and Staybridge Suites. I'm talking about on the level of a Towneplace Suites, Home2 Suites, Candlewood Suites, and Mainstay Suites. Even though Towneplace Suites is my least favorite Marriott, at least from my experience.

why doesnt Lotus, Porshe,Mazeratti have cars that sell between !5-25K? It will cheapen the brand and not what customer base they are interested in going after. Im surprised they did HH and HP. The same could be said about the old SPG, Kepenski , Omni.MO,FS etc etc

59Impala Feb 24, 2018 1:20 am

I agree

Hyatt House is their answer.

PortlySpartacus Feb 24, 2018 6:19 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 29452574)
I agree

Hyatt House is their answer.

Definitely. HH is the answer here, embrace it

purplenightskylovertv Feb 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Fine. Hyatt Place is a mix of a Courtyard/Garden Inn, Fairfield/Hampton, and Springhill/Embassy. Why do I say this? Hyatt Place is the least expensive Hyatt brand, the rooms are designed for company travel, and Hyatt Place does offer a free breakfast. Just wanted to put it out there.

Hyatt House...most locations (like the old Summerfields-this includes the one my dad and I stayed at when I was 15) are based off Homewood/Residence/Staybridge. I don't know of any that are inspired by Towneplace or Home2 (Candlewood Suites never had a free breakfast-but they have a pantry).

jacobguo Feb 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker (Post 29454038)
Fine. Hyatt Place is a mix of a Courtyard/Garden Inn, Fairfield/Hampton, and Springhill/Embassy. Why do I say this? Hyatt Place is the least expensive Hyatt brand, the rooms are designed for company travel, and Hyatt Place does offer a free breakfast. Just wanted to put it out there.

Hyatt House...most locations (like the old Summerfields-this includes the one my dad and I stayed at when I was 15) are based off Homewood/Residence/Staybridge. I don't know of any that are inspired by Towneplace or Home2 (Candlewood Suites never had a free breakfast-but they have a pantry).

Based on my limited experience with Home2 I'd say Hyatt Place covers that segment as well.

AirbusFan2B Feb 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Hyatt gets criticized on this forum but I perceive the answer to the OP’s question to be ‘because Hyatt is a more elevated corporate brand than most of its mainstream rivals.’ The ‘lowest’ you can go in the Hyatt family is Hyatt Place, which all have a bar and 24-hour food service and and. I know there are exceptions to this on a property-by-property basis with some of the other brands (such as Hyatt House and Hyatt) but the general narrative here is that Hyatt is a higher end brand than gasp! Marriott, Hilton etc. Those brands all reach as high as Hyatt but Hyatt doesn’t reach as low as them.

craigthemif Feb 25, 2018 3:26 am

I certainly can't recall another thread along the lines of "I wish Hyatt had some crappier hotels with worse service". (except maybe for the thread suggesting that Hyatt should merge with Club Carlson / Radisson. :D )

ITSTours Feb 26, 2018 7:28 pm

First, OP is correct on that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House (Upscale) are in a different league with Home2 Suites or TownePlace suites (Upper midscale).

I'd say there's not much a good upper midscale-midscale brand to acquire for Hyatt anymore. La Quinta could be the one, but Wyndham bought it.

purplenightskylovertv Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am

God-Damn Wyndham!

janetdoe Jun 20, 2018 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker (Post 29450322)
Just to clarify, give me a reason why Hyatt is not trying to dip their toes into the mid-scale extended-stay market (you know, Towneplace Suites or Home2 Suites)...

Because this is their footprint in Europe and they need to fix that before they branch into lower sub-niches of the domestic extended stay market.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9d573aa9f8.png

s0ssos Jun 20, 2018 1:23 am

Originally Posted by ITSTours (Post 29462978)
First, OP is correct on that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House (Upscale) are in a different league with Home2 Suites or TownePlace suites (Upper midscale).

I'd say there's not much a good upper midscale-midscale brand to acquire for Hyatt anymore. La Quinta could be the one, but Wyndham bought it.

Apparently LQ went down-scale (I thought they were pretty nice years ago, but now they are pretty junky).

I cannot figure out the difference between RI and TP. RI has bigger rooms? They both have a full kitchen.
HH doesn't actually have a full kitchen in the same way (RI has an oven).
I do prefer HH's breakfast, with their omelettes (if you have time).
I thought HP were the junkiest things available. Horrible service, if you come to check-in at night cause they have one person working everything. At least at other non-full-service places the front desk clerk can focus on checking people in, not doing food as well.