FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Miraval Arizona REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1864675-miraval-arizona-review-master-thread.html)

Single_Flyer Oct 25, 2020 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 32772767)
BOGO is points only promotion.

Oh right. I'll try calling back to apply the TSU.

swcompanion Nov 8, 2020 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 32768965)
I was told today that you can't use a Suite Upgrade with a points booking. This doesn't seem correct as I've heard others have been able to use them. The terms say specifically they can be used on points stays (but don't call out BOGO deals...):

Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid through the end of the year in which they were earned (or, for Lifetime Globalists, gifted annually on or around March 1) plus fourteen (14) months. The awards are valid in connection with reservations with a checkout date by the expiration of the award.

Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem a Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award when making the underlying reservation. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not valid at any of the Suite Award Ineligible Properties or Hyatt Residence Club hotels or resorts. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that offer suite accommodations (subject to the exclusions set forth below). For purposes of this award, a suite provides for one-bedroom accommodations. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are only valid for Standard Suites, defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category, and are subject to availability. There are a limited number of Standard Suites available at each hotel and resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards cannot be redeemed for any suite type other than Standard Suites, including Premium Suites, any Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suites, or similar suite categories, each as designated by the applicable hotel or resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only where the designated suite to be reserved is available for the entire length of the Member’s stay. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a standard-room Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt-branded Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-7 Free Night Awards (defined below), or any other promotional Free Night Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.

I booked with the BOGO deal and was able to apply a Globalist Suite Upgrade (Miraval King Suite) for the Arizona property. It was no issue when I booked.

That being said, I had called previously to check availability and the agent at that time told me it wasn’t possible.

pubsmeister Nov 9, 2020 10:25 pm

Just got back from a 4 day stay at the Miraval in Arizona. Had a great time; beautiful weather in early November. Best part- the food. My wife is more health conscious, and I like just about anything. We were both completely satisfied. We used the BOGO offer and spent 130k points for 4 nights. I'm a Globalist- we booked into the Dreamcatcher room, and were upgraded to the Sonoran suite on check-in- very nice. Did not use a suite upgrade. The resort is at about 40-50% capacity, so I suspect elites will have good luck at getting an upgrade. Of course, if you need a guarantee, then you should apply a suite upgrade. Several activities have been temporarily dropped due to COVID, but most everything is open. My wife had several spa treatments, and we enjoyed drinks at dinner, so the cash outlay was about $700. For this outlay we will get back about 19,000 points. The stacked promotions (5x base points, 10x bonus points, 5x extra bonus for being a resort, 1.5x for Globalist, 4x for using WOH credit card, and 2x for an American Airlines triples miles promo) made the "pain" of the spa expense less significant! Of course, we should also get back 32,500 points from the 25% points rebate currently offered, but that may take some time. With over 50k points back the net outlay of 80k points and $700 for 4 nights was a great deal for us. Now we want to try the sister Miraval properties when the time (and promotions) are right. FYI, Hyatt has already credited my account with 4 elite nights, so the "free" nights do count towards status.

IndigoCircus Nov 20, 2020 8:24 pm

Interested in making a trip here in late December.

Curious about weather at the resort that time of year, heated pools(?), and COVID activities available.

Any experiences shared would be much appreciated!

jja34-1 Nov 21, 2020 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by IndigoCircus (Post 32833718)
Interested in making a trip here in late December.

Curious about weather at the resort that time of year, heated pools(?), and COVID activities available.

Any experiences shared would be much appreciated!

I've stayed a few times between Christmas and New Years. Miraval is typically booked solid during this period so there is normally a full roster of activities. The activities list for December should be up by now.

The weather at that time of year is chilly in the evening/early morning but it warms up during the day. You will need a jacket in the evening and a pullover for morning activities. Sometimes it's warm enough to wear shorts in the afternoon and sit outside at the restaurant. I nearly always have the fire going in my suite in the evenings and don't recall seeing people sit outside other than by the fire pits adjacent to the bar. I haven't seen people sitting around the pools at that time of year, but there is a great hot tub next to the spa and the lap pool next to the gym is heated. I've never tested the main pool so don't know if that is heated as well.

Single_Flyer Dec 2, 2020 12:36 am

I got back yesterday from a 4 night stay over Thanksgiving. Fantastic experience. Everything was open except the sauna and steam room in the spa. I heard that breakfast and lunch is usually a buffet; but now it is standard table service.

The pools are all heated and the main pool complex is open 24 hours a day.

Let me know if you have any questions. I also put together an overview of my stay here: https://singleflyer.com/2020/12/01/m...-the-property/

I didn't use a Suite Upgrade but as an Explorist I got a Sunrise King Room which is FANTASTIC. I wouldn't use a Suite Upgrade here; try to get a Sunrise Room instead -- in my opinion better than the suites unless you can get a Catalina Suite or a room in the Retreat (which I doubt you can manage) or just need a lot of room for some reason. Any of the 600s or 900s are going to be amazing.

Photos of the Sunrise King room: https://singleflyer.com/2020/12/01/m...e-room-review/

The Native Spirit and Dreamcatcher Rooms are supposed to get a renovation of their bathrooms in Summer 2021.

Single_Flyer Dec 2, 2020 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by lamont2718 (Post 32717756)
My stay from several weeks ago still has not posted, and I'm looking for something to support my request for two night credits when I submit the missing stay request.

Did your nights every post or did you have to submit a request for missing night credits?

Originally Posted by Jwww (Post 32725655)
However, I got both nights posted at Miraval. YMMV

Originally Posted by yanyanlr (Post 32724180)
i used bogo offer and 2 nigths were posted.//

Originally Posted by pubsmeister (Post 32809093)
FYI, Hyatt has already credited my account with 4 elite nights, so the "free" nights do count towards status.

How long after check out did your nights post? I'm now past 48 (weekday) hours after check out; typically at other Hyatt properties my nights post within 24 hours.

UPDATE: My 4 nights just posted (about 72 hours after check out). My BOGO nights all posted (paid for 2 nights, stayed 4, received 4 night credits).

Matt4200 Dec 2, 2020 9:35 pm

I’ll just leave this here...

”Can I use my promotional free night awards at Miraval?

World of Hyatt loyalty program members can redeem the following promotional free night awards at Miraval:
  • Chase premium free night awards (i.e., the two promotional free night awards provided to qualifying new cardmembers) “

coleslaw Dec 3, 2020 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 32859310)
How long after check out did your nights post? I'm now past 48 (weekday) hours after check out; typically at other Hyatt properties my nights post within 24 hours.

It took about 2 months for my stay to post correctly (a points stay using the BOGO offer)... after much prodding via the Hyatt Twitter team.

dkc192 Dec 3, 2020 8:53 pm

Do awards book into the Native Spirit or Dreamcatcher rooms? I'm trying to plan a last-minute trip under the BOGO promotion, and want to gage availability before calling in to book.

Single_Flyer Dec 3, 2020 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 32861937)
Do awards book into the Native Spirit or Dreamcatcher rooms? I'm trying to plan a last-minute trip under the BOGO promotion, and want to gage availability before calling in to book.

Native Spirit.

makavel Dec 4, 2020 5:55 am

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 32861937)

​​​​​In my experience, awards will book into either the Native Spirit or Dreamcatcher category rooms at Miraval Arizona. We had to cancel, but we had a BOGO award reservation for later this month that was booked into a Dreamcatcher room. For a previous stay, the room was a Native Spirit.

atcanobbio Dec 7, 2020 2:22 pm

is the gym open again?

Single_Flyer Dec 7, 2020 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio (Post 32869331)
is the gym open again?

It was open last week. Not sure if there are occupancy limits, but it was definitely open.

lamont2718 Dec 9, 2020 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 32859310)
Did your nights every post or did you have to submit a request for missing night credits?

After waiting for several weeks, I eventually had to call Miraval to get the stay to post. Then the stay posted with only 1 night, so I had to call Hyatt to get the 2nd night credit added. After several more weeks, I had to call Hyatt again to get the 25% points rebate to post.

Not sure why my stay required so much manual processing and follow-up, but it seems like the stays automatically post correctly for most others.