FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Jeff Zidell leaving Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1841879-jeff-zidell-leaving-hyatt.html)

sam_goh May 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Jeff Zidell leaving Hyatt

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...stepping-down/

Not unexpected given what's going on recently.... I think his heart has always been in the right place. Best of luck Jeff!

YoungSoloTraveler May 10, 2017 7:14 pm

If he only fought to keep the HGP program in its original form...

MSPeconomist May 10, 2017 7:17 pm

WOW. Or should I say whoa? I'm shocked. However, I really wonder what's the inside story on this. Specifically, was he for or against WOH?

ADDED: As someone asked in a comment in the OMAAT blog, was Jeff Zidell a Resignerist or a Terminatedist?

hailstorm May 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Personally, I think this is proof that the Brave New World of Hyatt was not his vision.

Thanks for everything, Mr. Zidell.

MSPeconomist May 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 28295515)
Personally, I think this is proof that the Brave New World of Hyatt was not his vision.

Thanks for everything, Mr. Zidell.

However, under this theory, he stayed on for a long time after being overruled. Was it a sense of responsibility/loyalty to Hyatt? Or could he have been hoping to convince them to wind back some of the worst changes?

hailstorm May 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28295521)
However, under this theory, he stayed on for a long time after being overruled. Was it a sense of responsibility/loyalty to Hyatt? Or could he have been hoping to convince them to wind back some of the worst changes?

Perhaps he was the only thing preventing WoH from being even worse?

Or perhaps Hyatt is in advanced negotiations to be purchased/merged, and he knows he will not have a place going forward?

JackE May 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 28295515)

How so? If this Tale of WoH was his inspiration and if WoH is less than an overwhelming success, to be diplomatic, then being shown the door is proof that he was.

hailstorm May 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by JackE (Post 28295722)
How so? If this Tale of WoH was his inspiration and if WoH is less than an overwhelming success, to be diplomatic, then being shown the door is proof that he was.

That's why I said "personally", as in based on my own personal knowledge of him. I like to think that he fought to lessen the badness of the edict from above.

Absent other evidence, the viewpoint that he was fired over a gigantic failure that he was solely responsible for is equally valid.

hailstorm May 10, 2017 9:07 pm

By the way, this is a material event for a publicly traded company, so either a press release is coming very soon, or (and?) Jeff is in big trouble for letting this slip.

MSPeconomist May 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 28295827)
By the way, this is a material event for a publicly traded company, so either a press release is coming very soon, or (and?) Jeff is in big trouble for letting this slip.

Good point.

notquiteaff May 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Not surprised, frankly. I don't know if he left because he disagreed with the direction of WoH, because it failed, or, as Ben seems to claim, because he felt this was a good point in his career to move on, having led the rollout of WoH.

In any case, good luck!

hailstorm May 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28295975)
Good point.

Then again, lack of six months notice of transition to WoH was a violation of their T&C, and they didn't care about that either.

travelexpert May 10, 2017 11:07 pm

Shoot! Who can I now contact when I am having a problem and REALLY need some help?

And agree with all the other sentiments--Hyatt GP has been by far the best Elite Program in the history of hotel loyalty programs :)

Thanks, Jeff. Hope maybe you'll re-emerge at Marriott, Hilton or IHG!

footastic May 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanks, Jeff. You single handedly brought me over from SPG. Sad to see HGP turn into WoH. Hopefully you move on to brighter and better things.

Jaimito Cartero May 10, 2017 11:44 pm

Hyatt has gone to the dark side, so not such a surprise. Adios, Jeff.