Search

Jeff Zidell leaving Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Jeff Zidell leaving Hyatt

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...stepping-down/

Not unexpected given what's going on recently.... I think his heart has always been in the right place. Best of luck Jeff!
Old May 10, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
If he only fought to keep the HGP program in its original form...
Old May 10, 2017, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
WOW. Or should I say whoa? I'm shocked. However, I really wonder what's the inside story on this. Specifically, was he for or against WOH?

ADDED: As someone asked in a comment in the OMAAT blog, was Jeff Zidell a Resignerist or a Terminatedist?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 10, 2017 at 7:26 pm
Old May 10, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Personally, I think this is proof that the Brave New World of Hyatt was not his vision.

Thanks for everything, Mr. Zidell.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Personally, I think this is proof that the Brave New World of Hyatt was not his vision.

Thanks for everything, Mr. Zidell.
However, under this theory, he stayed on for a long time after being overruled. Was it a sense of responsibility/loyalty to Hyatt? Or could he have been hoping to convince them to wind back some of the worst changes?
Old May 10, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, under this theory, he stayed on for a long time after being overruled. Was it a sense of responsibility/loyalty to Hyatt? Or could he have been hoping to convince them to wind back some of the worst changes?
Perhaps he was the only thing preventing WoH from being even worse?

Or perhaps Hyatt is in advanced negotiations to be purchased/merged, and he knows he will not have a place going forward?
Old May 10, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
How so? If this Tale of WoH was his inspiration and if WoH is less than an overwhelming success, to be diplomatic, then being shown the door is proof that he was.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackE
How so? If this Tale of WoH was his inspiration and if WoH is less than an overwhelming success, to be diplomatic, then being shown the door is proof that he was.
That's why I said "personally", as in based on my own personal knowledge of him. I like to think that he fought to lessen the badness of the edict from above.

Absent other evidence, the viewpoint that he was fired over a gigantic failure that he was solely responsible for is equally valid.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By the way, this is a material event for a publicly traded company, so either a press release is coming very soon, or (and?) Jeff is in big trouble for letting this slip.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:44 pm

By the way, this is a material event for a publicly traded company, so either a press release is coming very soon, or (and?) Jeff is in big trouble for letting this slip.
Good point.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Not surprised, frankly. I don't know if he left because he disagreed with the direction of WoH, because it failed, or, as Ben seems to claim, because he felt this was a good point in his career to move on, having led the rollout of WoH.

In any case, good luck!
Old May 10, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Good point.
Then again, lack of six months notice of transition to WoH was a violation of their T&C, and they didn't care about that either.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Shoot! Who can I now contact when I am having a problem and REALLY need some help?

And agree with all the other sentiments--Hyatt GP has been by far the best Elite Program in the history of hotel loyalty programs

Thanks, Jeff. Hope maybe you'll re-emerge at Marriott, Hilton or IHG!
Old May 10, 2017, 11:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Thanks, Jeff. You single handedly brought me over from SPG. Sad to see HGP turn into WoH. Hopefully you move on to brighter and better things.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Hyatt has gone to the dark side, so not such a surprise. Adios, Jeff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.