Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Chantilly, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (no longer Hyatt 30Sep22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Chantilly, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (no longer Hyatt 30Sep22)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by madderlake
You're in the middle of nowhere so no place to really walk off property or outside the gates
So, yeah, I would not counsel walking along the départementale (main road) that passes the front of the place. Very dangerous. This said:
  1. If, at the front of the driveway, you turn west (toward Senlis) and walk maybe 40 yards (or 36 meters, or whatever), then look across the road (i.e., to the north, up the hill), you will see a gravel farm road that bisects a field. Cross the départementale (carefully!) and walk up that road to the end of the fields where it meets a little country road (rue Georges Dauchy on Google Maps, but I don't remember it labeled). Anyhow, turn to the left (away from Senlis, toward Chantilly) and follow it to the intersection, where you bend right, but then look to your left where you see a bike path (or some such) going into the woods. Follow it! This is the trace of an old rail line connecting Chantilly with Senlis. You are in the woods, but the huge golf course is always to your right and the little towns of St Firmin then Vineuil to your left. At the entrance to the golf course, you can turn left and descend into Chantilly. Earlier doesn't work because the canal blocks you off. All of this can be seen on Google maps -- the astuce (trick) here is the farm road just outside the hotel. FWIW, I did this as a walk with spouse and as a run a couple times a day. Don't know what it will be like in colder, darker weather, but it works now.
  2. At the desk, you can get someone -- supposedly -- to let you out the back alley into Avilly (the neighborhood on the south edge of the property) from which it is a fairly short walk to the Chantilly grounds. Good luck getting back onto the property, although they claim if you call someone will come unlock the gate. This is something I think they need to work on.
Thunderroad and yoganeck like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ya they told me the same - call to have someone unlock the gate on return but with very limited french i didnt want to experiment. They have a bunch of bikes lined up but according to front desk not for rent - not sure if i would want to ride on the road to hotel considering traffic and limited space anyways.
Basically get a car - its much easier to get around. Senlis cathedral is interesting and the area is pleasantly quiet withoit many tourists, we also had a great reasonably priced meal at chez nous there.
Chantilly itself is rather touristy (food is more expensive too) and weekends are just crazy but chateau and grounds are nice. Lots of school groups on weekdays.
For day trips to paris parking at chantilly station is 6 or 7 eur per day get there 15-20 min early as ticket lines were long. As mentioned earlier ter train is fast just check the schedule for gaps.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:22 am

That's a great tip @BiggieFries - I may just investigate this walk today!

Data point - we took an Uber into Chantilly last night for dinner (approx 8 euro each way) and at at Bouchon Gourmond which has a lovely back garden with outdoor seating and food was delicious. Two burgers (house specialty) and 3 glasses of really good wine for 59euros. Tonight we might try the Italian restaurant which was down the block from that which also looked good and even cheaper prices. Will report back!
Thunderroad and yoganeck like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any recent stays?

Reasonable to consider for a two night stay going straight to CDG to recover from jet lag?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Several stays this summer. This place is a hidden gem. Say nothing. 40 minutes to/from CDG.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Awesome, thanks. Good elite recognition? I have a few cat 1-4 cents but for my dates they would book into twin beds so would really want an upgrade into a king. Or maybe cash upgrade to suite?

Would three nights/2 days be too much? Guessing not if you’ve been do often.

Any other restaurant tips in town?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
Awesome, thanks. Good elite recognition? I have a few cat 1-4 cents but for my dates they would book into twin beds so would really want an upgrade into a king. Or maybe cash upgrade to suite?

Would three nights/2 days be too much? Guessing not if you’ve been do often.

Any other restaurant tips in town?
3n/2d should be ok to explore immediate surroundings
just like with any hotel outside US i would reach out in advance for any requests or arrangements
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
As part of a week-long trip to the Paris area in the first half of June, my wife and I may visit the Hyatt Regency Chantilly for a couple of days, since the hotel looks nice, the town is nearby and being in a somewhat bucolic setting sounds appealing. In view of the rest of our schedule (partly dictated by the days the Park Hyatt Paris is available for an award stay) right now it looks like we'd be there Friday through Sunday. Are the hotel, town or Chateau there very crowded over weekends, to the point where we might want to reconsider this plan?

Also, any advice on the relative desirability of the Regency, Regency Executive and Chantilly Suites there, and on Globalist treatment?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:54 am

I was there in 2019 just after opening and really enjoyed the property and little town. It wasn't too crowded at all, but not sure about post-Covid if it would be more crowded or not. As Globalists we stayed in a King room bc I don't think the Suites were available yet? I can't remember but I would definitely return to the property for a few days of relaxation...lovely place!
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by madderlake
I was there in 2019 just after opening and really enjoyed the property and little town. It wasn't too crowded at all, but not sure about post-Covid if it would be more crowded or not. As Globalists we stayed in a King room bc I don't think the Suites were available yet? I can't remember but I would definitely return to the property for a few days of relaxation...lovely place!
Thanks very much for this information!
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weekends are definitely much much busier in town and at chateau. But you can also check out Senlis which is an interesting town without crowds from Paris.
Thunderroad and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Weekends are definitely much much busier in town and at chateau. But you can also check out Senlis which is an interesting town without crowds from Paris.
Good to know! Thanks a lot.

Googlemaps indicates it's about an hour and ten minutes from the hotel on foot. Is there a pleasant path for walking to Senis, as there is for walking into Chantilly?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Good to know! Thanks a lot.

Googlemaps indicates it's about an hour and ten minutes from the hotel on foot. Is there a pleasant path for walking to Senis, as there is for walking into Chantilly?
Sorry not sure - we had a car. Can probably get a taxi without one...
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Sorry not sure - we had a car. Can probably get a taxi without one...
Ok. Thanks again!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Regarding the Suite and Globalist upgrade, I've always been upgraded to at least a Regency Suite on each of my stay. The highest upgrade I got was to the Chantilly Suite during Summer 2021. All suites are quite nice and all have a different layout, because they are all located in the "old" buildings, whereas most of the standard rooms are in the modern wing, farther away from the spa and Front Desk.

Also note that the hotel used to set up a Regency Club in the middle of the Lobby before Covid, but I think they stopped this with the pandemic. However I always get either a bottle of red wine or champagne in my room upon arrival.

The hotel often gets busy on Saturday nights but is very quiet other nights. Occupancy has been quite limited since the beginning of the pandemic.

Last thing regarding the spa, last time I went there (a few months ago), you had to book a one hour time slot. They had saved a few time slots automatically for Globalists, but you should maybe email then to check what's the current procedure, especially if you are staying on a Weekend.
tobikosan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.