Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by optimom
As for the annual March 1 awards, I learned about this by experiencing them. As Diamond/Globalist for the past several years, we received 4 TSUs every March 1
Case closed. Hope you continue to enjoy Gold Passport
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by optimom
As for the annual March 1 awards, I learned about this by experiencing them. As Diamond/Globalist for the past several years, we received 4 TSUs every March 1 (and the unused ones from the previous year expired).
Except that's not how it works under WoH. The TSUs are earned and deposited immediately upon Globalist qualification, not at the beginning of the program year.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
2 questions:

1) Can you apply a club level upgrade certificate to somebody else's reservation? I have a friend that won't use all of his and I may have an eligible stay soon.
2) Assuming the answer to question 1 is yes, can I apply it even though there are no club rooms available on my dates (only standard rooms)?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
2 questions:

1) Can you apply a club level upgrade certificate to somebody else's reservation? I have a friend that won't use all of his and I may have an eligible stay soon.
2) Assuming the answer to question 1 is yes, can I apply it even though there are no club rooms available on my dates (only standard rooms)?
1. No
2. Moot

The T&C aren't that hard to read.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
1. No
2. Moot

The T&C aren't that hard to read.
That's fair, but seeing as how I'm not the person with the club level upgrades, I don't have easy access to the T&Cs for the club awards that I don't have.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
That's fair, but seeing as how I'm not the person with the club level upgrades, I don't have easy access to the T&Cs for the club awards that I don't have.
https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...att-terms.html

I. Awards and Benefits Generally

Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, awards and the benefits made available to Members cannot be given away by a Member. They are not negotiable, commissionable or redeemable for cash and are void if a Member sells, barters, auctions, donates, assigns, conveys, or otherwise transfers them (or makes any attempt to do so) in a manner not expressly allowed by these Terms or otherwise permitted by Hyatt (in writing) in its sole discretion.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Got club access today at GH Seattle and didn't have to use any cert.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mnredfox
but according to your FT profile, you are a Hyatt Diamond, so no surprise

(jokes aside, I assume you are an Exploder. Did they upgrade you to the club level at check in? Are you perhaps a regular at the hotel?)
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Aren't we suppose to apply the cert after booking the hotel and before the stay?

I'm just being downgraded this year, started to learn more about Explorist. Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by milemission
Aren't we suppose to apply the cert after booking the hotel and before the stay?

I'm just being downgraded this year, started to learn more about Explorist. Thanks!
My question, too. I thought we booked some room, then called in to ask if we can use club while there (i.e., applied club certificate, like with RC). You mean, to use the club, we have to simultaneously book a club room? I don't even know what a club room is, and I was a Diamond and then a Globalist (and now an Explorist, and, obviously, an Ignoramus).

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Mar 13, 2018 at 8:34 pm Reason: Increasing confusion
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
My question, too. I thought we booked some room, then called in to ask if we can use club while there (i.e., applied club certificate, like with RC). You mean, to use the club, we have to simultaneously book a club room?
No. Book a regular room, then apply the upgrade to get club access. Has nothing to do with a club room.
akcae likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Some of the hotels I've been booking lately have done away with the "Club Room" category and now just list "king/twin room with club access".
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I am explorist (via Mlife) and have 4 upgrades.

BUT - looking to use points from wife acct and she does not have upgrade awards. If we are BOTH on the reservation, can we use one of the club awards?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere

BUT - looking to use points from wife acct and she does not have upgrade awards. If we are BOTH on the reservation, can we use one of the club awards?
I don't think so. The points for the award stay and the club access award have to come from the same account I think. I made a point stay a few months back and when I called to added the club access, the agent seems to redo the award stay and the award upgrade on the same day I called.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NoStressHere

You could transfer your wife's points to your account (for free) and then book everything under your account
hailstorm and Stgermainparis like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.