Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
After a few years as Hyatt Diamond I was spoiled. I am now Explorist. It saddens me that I will no longer be comped breakfast at Hyatt hotels if there is no lounge. Since the two closest hotels are in Boston and neither has a lounge-- it means no breakfast. Very sad indeed. I have a question about the four club lounge passes available until the end of 2/18. If I book a hotel now on points for 4/18 can I apply a lounge certificate which will be honored. Or is it your stay must be completed before 2/18? Thank you very much for your help.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by derby44
After a few years as Hyatt Diamond I was spoiled. I am now Explorist. It saddens me that I will no longer be comped breakfast at Hyatt hotels if there is no lounge. Since the two closest hotels are in Boston and neither has a lounge-- it means no breakfast. Very sad indeed. I have a question about the four club lounge passes available until the end of 2/18. If I book a hotel now on points for 4/18 can I apply a lounge certificate which will be honored. Or is it your stay must be completed before 2/18? Thank you very much for your help.
Well, what do you think... in the wonderful new World of Hyatt, would the rule-makers choose the customer friendly option or the Hyatt-friendly option?

From T&C:

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Thank you very much for clearing things up for me--and not bashing for my not understanding the terms. They sure seem clear to most--however not to me at this stage of health. I appreciate your response/kindness. Best of luck.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Have any Explorists experienced nice room upgrades beyond the booked room category (excluding suites or club rooms)? I'm curious particularly for Park Hyatt properties, but am also interested in upgrade experiences at other full service Hyatts. Since Explorist benefits are limited, it would be nice to know which Hyatt properties are treating Explorists well with upgrades.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by conde
Have any Explorists experienced nice room upgrades beyond the booked room category (excluding suites or club rooms)? I'm curious particularly for Park Hyatt properties, but am also interested in upgrade experiences at other full service Hyatts. Since Explorist benefits are limited, it would be nice to know which Hyatt properties are treating Explorists well with upgrades.
I just posted on the previous page, GH Singapore, I applied a lounge cert and when I checked in received my pretty standard Diamond upgrade to a two room suite. I've stayed at the property regularly for 10 years, usually given this suite or better as Diamond, now a mere Explorist- maybe they didn't notice...
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Maybe they simply value you as a returning guest..... regardless of status.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
So after being a Diamond for several years, I am only an Explorist this year. I just called to try and use my club award on a 4 night stay at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. I was told there is no availability. They supposedly only have limited club award upgrades for each date, even though they are currently showing club room upgrades available for 33,000 points per night. This is pretty frustrating as I now essentially have status that has no tangible benefit. They really did gut their program with these changes.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
So in other words, it it completely unpredictable and opaque to us glorious Explorers whether we will be able to use an upgrade award at a particular property. Quelle surprise.

Incidentally the Kauai property is where I was planning to use one of my awards.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05
So after being a Diamond for several years, I am only an Explorist this year. I just called to try and use my club award on a 4 night stay at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. I was told there is no availability. They supposedly only have limited club award upgrades for each date, even though they are currently showing club room upgrades available for 33,000 points per night. This is pretty frustrating as I now essentially have status that has no tangible benefit. They really did gut their program with these changes.
The T&C, at least the part posted at the top of this thread, does not seem to mention "limited availability", so I think this is worth escalation to get final confirmations.

Just as previously with DSU (and probably currently with TSU), some properties might be trying to limit availability on their own.

I would email Jeff Zidell for confirmation.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The T&C, at least the part posted at the top of this thread, does not seem to mention "limited availability", so I think this is worth escalation to get final confirmations.
Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards.

Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations.
WoH Terms & Conditions
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards.

Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations.
WoH Terms & Conditions
Thanks for the clarification; should have gone there myself rather than just reading the part at the top of the thread.

If these club access were fully available I think it might have been an incentive for some leisure travellers to actually pursue Explo status; say someone who wanted to have two 2-week stays at GH Kauai or a similar resort each year. That would be excellent value and pretty much self-perpetuating.

But with no guarantee of availability....
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can appreciate that there have to be limits. The lounge has a certain capacity.

But if they sell club rooms for $$$ or €€€€ or £££ or ¥¥¥ or ... they should make the upgrade available.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I can appreciate that there have to be limits. The lounge has a certain capacity.

But if they sell club rooms for $$$ or €€€€ or £££ or ¥¥¥ or ... they should make the upgrade available.
Or if not always available when offered for cash, at least when it is offered for an all-pts stay (the above quoted 33,000 pts at GH Kauai) or at the very least if it is offered for a pt upgrade (specified daily rate + 3,000 pts).

If they can guarantee lounge access to a Glob staying at any rate, then I do not see any reason to not be able to guarantee access for these 4/year awards (other than the general WoH attitude of being stingy).

Rather than generating empathy, virtually every change to the program seems intended to generate animosity.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Or if not always available when offered for cash, at least when it is offered for an all-pts stay (the above quoted 33,000 pts at GH Kauai) or at the very least if it is offered for a pt upgrade (specified daily rate + 3,000 pts).
Would generally agree with these points.

Will add though that GH Kauai, which is obviously high demand for awards of all kinds, is not generally reputed for the gaming for which certain other properties are known. So perhaps a little more willing to assume this is a good faith limitation on their part . . . .
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
The solution is to build a bigger lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.