Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
1) HR Coral Gables (no club?)
2) Confidante Miami (no club)
3) HR Grand Cypress Orlando (how is club?)
4) GH Tampa (how is club? I also have a $60 off $300 for GH via Amex that we could use for dining/extra kid room/resort fee)
5) HR Sarasota (no club?)
HR Sarasota does not have a club. Not a bad property, but nothing great about it either. Since you appear to be listing locations all over FL, you should consider HR Bonita Springs (Coconut Point). Yes it is a category 5 and you can't use a cert, but it has a sizable club. The property itself is great with plenty of activities for kids. The included waterpark is great, but they also have a rock climbing wall, cornhole golf, and more. Plus the boat to the private beach is a fun day getaway, and there is no hassle dealing with beach parking or crowds. Last year we did a trip and did 3 nights at HR Coconut and then 2 nights in Sarasota. Coconut point was a slam dunk compared to Sarasota.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
newbie here, so I have to call the reservation cs to use the lounge award right? I cannot do it online/on the app? I've been trying to do it myself and I don't think it shows up

thanks
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
newbie here, so I have to call the reservation cs to use the lounge award right? I cannot do it online/on the app? I've been trying to do it myself and I don't think it shows up

thanks
I believe that's correct. I used to do that on Twitter, but the concierge has stopped taking those requests now.
levilevi and xmzzn123 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by xmzzn123

thanks
I've never seen a way to do it yourself, and since the property can decline to allow it to be applied even if they are selling club rooms, I'm pretty certain it will never be possible to do it yourself. I've always used the concierge here on FT, but the last time was about 5 month ago,
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Wondering about parking for explorist, would parking be free with point booking? How about cash booking or point plus cash booking? Thank you!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I believe that's correct. I used to do that on Twitter, but the concierge has stopped taking those requests now.
I had them add a club access award via Twitter about a week ago. No issue whatsoever.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by milemission
Wondering about parking for explorist, would parking be free with point booking? How about cash booking or point plus cash booking? Thank you!
Nope. Points booking with Explorist only waives resort fees, parking not included. Same with cash or cash+points. Explorists gets no parking fees waived. Now, YMMV if you have an established relationship with a frequent property and they may waive parking fees for you as a kind gesture.
milemission likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:43 pm

Is it possible to redeem two awards for a stay of 7-14 days?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by nall
Is it possible to redeem two awards for a stay of 7-14 days?
Yes
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have two Cat 4 certs to burn by mid August and will be in Florida. Also have some club access awards that will expire before I can use them. Looking for recs for FL properties that are Cat4 or less. We will have a 10 and 16 year old with us, which means it is REALLY helpful to have the club access for breakfast and snacks and evening apps. We usually eat a big lunch out and save money by otherwise doing club.

3) HR Grand Cypress Orlando (how is club?)
4) GH Tampa (how is club? I also have a $60 off $300 for GH via Amex that we could use for dining/extra kid room/resort fee).
I've stayed at both these properties several times recently and the clubs are disappointing, aseptic spaces, with substandard food items. The Grand Cypress club is a zoo most of the time, with a near feeding frenzy during the evening canapés hours. The restaurants are pretty good-Hemingway's is excellent. Skip the club and just do the restaurants.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
How about the club in Hyatt Regency Orlando? Still have 4 club access passes expiring Feb 2020, don't know where to use them.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I tried to apply a club award to my friend's reservation -- we are both traveling to the same place and staying the same length in 2 separate rooms. They told me that I would've had to book the reservation to apply club access, but doesn't that mean she wouldn't receive stay credit and I can't receive double credit. What am I missing? I have all these club awards that will probably go to waste because of the limited use..
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cara332
I tried to apply a club award to my friend's reservation -- we are both traveling to the same place and staying the same length in 2 separate rooms. They told me that I would've had to book the reservation to apply club access . . . .
Yes, that's the rule.
I have all these club awards that will probably go to waste because of the limited use..
Join the club. I think many of us have trouble using these.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
I tried to apply a club award to my friend's reservation -- we are both traveling to the same place and staying the same length in 2 separate rooms. They told me that I would've had to book the reservation to apply club access, but doesn't that mean she wouldn't receive stay credit and I can't receive double credit. What am I missing? I have all these club awards that will probably go to waste because of the limited use..
As Kacee mentioned already, that's how it is. Club Access Lounge awards are not transferable and can not be used on another reservation not in your name. If you book 2 rooms, you still receive credit for both, in terms of points, but not night credits.

Using it really depends on the location and dates you go for. I haven't had trouble using it. I've used 3 of the 4 already this year. I look at locations and dates where it's available and if my scheduling works, then I'll book it. YMMV. Good luck!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

Uhm no. If you book it from your WOH account under her name she will receive the Elite Nights so no issues there. This happens most frequently with Guest of Honor Reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.