FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   It’s here: say hello to World of Hyatt! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1824603-s-here-say-hello-world-hyatt.html)

J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport Feb 23, 2017 10:00 am

It’s here: say hello to World of Hyatt!

Dear FlyerTalkers,

As you know, March 1 will mark the launch of our new loyalty program, reimagined based on understanding what matters to you -- more rewards and meaningful benefits at every level. But even bigger than that, today we introduce a broader platform, World of Hyatt, of which the new loyalty program is only one piece.

Grounded in the simple idea that a little understanding goes a long way, the World of Hyatt platform is our opportunity to share with the world what we at Hyatt stand for. It reflects what you’ve heard me talk about as our purpose - we care for people so they can be their best - and reaffirms our commitment to building genuine and trusted experiences for the colleagues, guests and partners that make up our community… in our hotels and beyond.

For example, more details will soon be announced about a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Tokyo that will be available to members and arranged by World of Hyatt and AFAR, a company founded on the notion that travel brings about understanding. The three-day experiential itinerary will provide unparalleled access to the city in a way that will create unforgettable memories and relationships. And World of Hyatt is collaborating with nonprofits Learning AFAR and No Barriers USA to give students who might not have otherwise had the chance an opportunity to better understand themselves and the world around them. World of Hyatt is supporting ten Chicago students’ and two educators’ participation in an immersive 4-6 month curriculum that culminates in an excursion to Costa Rica.

World of Hyatt will break with an anthem spot titled “For a World of Understanding” during this Sunday’s 89th Oscars® broadcast. It features Grammy-nominated recording artist Andra Day singing the timeless song, “What the World Needs Now is Love.” This global campaign will extend across TV, digital, social, out-of-home, in-hotel, print, and events throughout 2017 with an emphasis in the US, China and India. We invite you to preview the anthem spot and learn more about the World of Hyatt platform at www.hyatt.com/understanding.

Thank you for your loyalty, and I hope to see you on a trip sometime soon.

Best,

Jeff Zidell
Senior Vice President
World of Hyatt

azepine00 Feb 23, 2017 10:10 am

You are too early - room is not ready yet.. our check in date is march 1...;)

lautaro Feb 23, 2017 10:15 am

Will we see any final teaks to the program (eg. count award nights as elite qualifying nights) based on feedback here on FT and other places before WoH launches ?

YoungSoloTraveler Feb 23, 2017 10:22 am

Originally Posted by lautaro (Post 27948174)
Will we see any final teaks to the program (eg. count award nights as elite qualifying nights) based on feedback here on FT and other places before WoH launches ?

They probably spent more time on an ad that conveys absolutely nothing about the Hyatt Brand then actually making any helpful changes. ;)

I hope this is the year Marriott / SPG go for the counter blow and take away all your international customers in one final status matching swoop.

pWei Feb 23, 2017 10:55 am

Thanks Jeff, hope it goes smoothly. Thanks for coming back despite the vitriol posted online.

christianj Feb 23, 2017 10:57 am

Let me be the first of many that will likely say this....."Hello" World of Hyatt...."Goodbye" Hyatt Loyalty!

Miesque Feb 23, 2017 11:24 am

Originally Posted by christianj (Post 27948390)
Let me be the first of many that will likely say this....."Hello" World of Hyatt...."Goodbye" Hyatt Loyalty!

Ditto!^

JetAway Feb 23, 2017 12:35 pm

It seems that "progressivism" has now become a marketing tool. All the buzz words and themes are there-"a little understanding goes a long way," "For a World of Understanding," "collaborating with non-profits," etc.). As a business traveler all I want is a clean room in a convenient location with the loyalty benefits I've been promised freely given. I'm really not interested in being part of a hotel chain's imagined "community."

soonerfanatic Feb 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Sure hope Hyatt "understands" many loyalists' objection to targeted promos without the formula for who / what / why they are targeted, aka "secret sauce". :D

cmglobal Feb 23, 2017 3:03 pm

I stopped reading half way through that marketing drivel.

wilma Feb 23, 2017 3:19 pm

:td::td::td: corporate mumbo-jumbo

rfrost Feb 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Do you think he actually BELIEVES this nonsense?

sm0421 Feb 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Looking forward to the new program!

I managed to put in 31 nights YTD at SPG and got SPG & Mariott & Hilton top-tier through challenge and matching... still have 12 to go before 3/1. Would have given these nights to Hyatt but the program change uncertainty pushed me to try other chains. Hope to come back to WOH on March 1st!

notquiteaff Feb 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Hello!

MSPeconomist Feb 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 27950312)
Hello!

Nobody's home.