FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   It’s here: say hello to World of Hyatt! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1824603-s-here-say-hello-world-hyatt.html)

hedoman Feb 23, 2017 6:34 pm

I liked Hyatt much better before reading this crap. Sickening.....I ain't in the progressive camp. And if they are, I prefer not to know about it.

marcford Feb 23, 2017 6:52 pm

This corporate/Left fetish really needs to end. Deeply disappointed as a hyatt loyalist.

I wish I could be more excited but absolute further proof NONE of our feedback was considered!!!
​​​​​​​
"reimagined based on understanding what matters to you".

Really??

platbrownguy Feb 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport (Post 27948106)
We invite you to preview the anthem spot

It's a nice ad. It reminds me of Delta's "happiness runs" ad from 2005: http://adland.tv/commercials/delta-g...d-2005-030-usa.

But "globalist" is still a stupid name for a frequent guest.

martinplas Feb 23, 2017 7:49 pm

So Sad

this is so sad . Deconstructing HGP and a once great loyality program for this nonsense , then trying to spoon feed us WOH with this ridiculous spin and stupid narrative is so disingenuous. Im not looking for a lifestyle,just a loyalty program that rewards my patronage and in return provides decent customer service and recognition for my loyalty. Raising the bar to 60 nights has disenfranchised many once loyal Diamonds and I'm not talking about those that were comped. My entire staff of 10 different salesmen are now shifting to SPG or HH due to this ridiculous corporate decision

zombietooth Feb 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Don't Blame Zidell

This drivel has Pritzker family fingerprints all over it. Want to know a little about them?:

http://inthesetimes.com/article/1494...enny_pritzker/

Penny was a huge fundraiser for, and supporter of, BHO, and became his Secretary of Commerce.

Needless to say, we taxpayers have contributed mightily to the success of the Pritzker family due to their favored status, allowing them to profit mightily from government largesse and tax credits, garnered through their astute cultivation of political allies with power.

I just saw this article:

https://skift.com/2017/02/23/hyatt-g...yalty-program/

A layer cake of drivel, offering nothing of substance to business travelers, who really only care about comfort and being able to work effectively when traveling.

Peridot83 Feb 23, 2017 8:22 pm

Amenity

For those who can do the 60 nights, there are some nice additions to the program. I like that parking is free on award stays, the free nught certs, unlimited suite upgrades, and being able to use DSUs on award stays. But why on earth would you take away the amenity for globalists. It is one of those things I really look forward to when I check in at a nicer Hyatt. It makes me feel appreciated and like my loyalty is being rewarded. There is just something about having some wine and cheese delivered to the room that makes you feel like an elite. If anything the amenity at HP and HH should be enhanced. Usually its just water or maybe a small bag of pretzels. A F and B credit would be great.

Shuli Feb 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Totally agree. Had a particularly good chips, guacamole and Pico DE gallo tonight at the long Island regency and it's making feel sad about my next amenity free stay

as a side note, bc is in NY and there are many other options I would have never tried room service here the first time, had the amenity not been good, and they get a decent amount of income off my Room service as a result. That stream will no longer exist

Originally Posted by Peridot83 (Post 27950664)
For those who can do the 60 nights, there are some nice additions to the program. I like that parking is free on award stays, the free nught certs, unlimited suite upgrades, and being able to use DSUs on award stays. But why on earth would you take away the amenity for globalists. It is one of those things I really look forward to when I check in at a nicer Hyatt. It makes me feel appreciated and like my loyalty is being rewarded. There is just something about having some wine and cheese delivered to the room that makes you feel like an elite. If anything the amenity at HP and HH should be enhanced. Usually its just water or maybe a small bag of pretzels. A F and B credit would be great.

oopl Feb 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi Jeff, you want to take some of your loyal members on a "once-in-a-lifetime trip to Tokyo?" Sure I'll bite, let's take a look at your AFAR promo video.

Wow such a great video filled with smiling, happy, white folks. The only minority that talks is the aboriginal youth leader at the 1:50 mark. I guess AFAR is not meant for minorities but for yuppies to learn about locations from paid tour guides offering "authentic" experiences like visiting people's homes. Isn't that what airbnb & couch surfing is for?

Marketing fail yet again. Color me not impressed. Perhaps it's time to shut the window on World of Hyatt.

FriendlySkies Feb 23, 2017 10:44 pm

#RIPGoldPassport

Curious to see if anything is tweaked over the next few months, though certainly not holding my breath.

mjh218 Feb 23, 2017 10:52 pm

So they say World of Hyatt is so much more than a loyalty progam. My question is - who asked for it? I can't recall ever hearing another Hyatt loyalist say - I love Hyatt Gold Passport, but I wish they would make it more than a loyalty program. Or I wish that HGP would host getaways in exotic locations. The need to change just wasn't there. I just don't think anyone care about the stuff outside the loyalty program.

they took a program that was working well for their guests and made it less desireable to be an elite member (and at the same time made it significantly more difficult to become an elite member). Maybe Hyatt changed things up because the changes are better for Hyatt (financially or otherwise). But if that's the case, be honest and don't dress the World of Hyatt up as something that will be good for the consumers, or something the consumers have been craving.

Will be interesting to see what happens in a year or two. But I just don't get why I should be excited for WOH.

ElmhurstNick Feb 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Jeff,

No qualification for stay credit means no revenue business from me. I was loyal to Hyatt for six years before your announcement of the new program rules.

So far this year, I have 6 Kimpton and 1 Novotel stay in major global cities (Boston, NYC, SF, DC, London). Zero Hyatt stays. Three suite upgrades.

I burned half of my points on an 11-night stay in downtown Austin during SXSW.

Sorry, it's just business.

Jaimito Cartero Feb 23, 2017 11:20 pm

And sad to say, it will probably just be another marketing hit and run, aka a Jeff Robertson special.

I've always had good interactions with Mr Zidell, but can't say this marketing-speak means anything to me.

Doc Savage Feb 23, 2017 11:35 pm

Did they do any focus group or market testing before arriving at the moniker "World of Hyatt?"

Reminds me of a 50s campaign. "World of Disney" anyone?

Sorry, just seems haphazardly slapped together.

Andaz5 Feb 24, 2017 12:02 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 27950458)
But "globalist" is still a stupid name for a frequent guest.

I agree it's really a stupid name for a frequent guest. Last week when I was checking out of a Hyatt I told the front desk clerk, "Well next time I see you I will be a Globalist". We laughed... and two of the front desk clerks agreed the tier names are... well stupid. They had also told me they have received so many complaints about the change.

On another note I'm looking forward to seeing less Diamonds (Globalist) in the club lounges comes 2018, the new 60 nights a year to qualify for top tier is really going to thin the crowd. :)

Kacee Feb 24, 2017 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Andaz5 (Post 27951118)
On another note I'm looking forward to seeing less Diamonds (Globalist) in the club lounges comes 2018, the new 60 nights a year to qualify for top tier is really going to thin the crowd. :)

Yup. Just like the "spend" requirements at DL and UA have made status more exclusive, "thinned the herd," and made upgrades so much easier than they used to be :rolleyes: