Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Palm Springs (now Feb 2025, maybe)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Palm Springs (now Feb 2025, maybe)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:21 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Wink Thompson Palm Springs (now Feb 2025, maybe)

The Andaz Palm Springs comes up on a search for Palm Springs. The website says it will open in late 2016. I'm looking for yearend, and am intrigued by this property. The website says "The 150-room Palm Springs luxury hotel will be located in the heart of downtown. Adjacent to the vibrant Uptown Design District, Andaz Palm Springs hotel will also be walking distance to the shops, restaurant and galleries that line the famed Palm Canyon Drive. " Where is this in relation to the Hyatt Suites Palm Springs? Has anyone driven by and seen if construction is underway? Any wild guesses as to whether this will indeed open in 2016?

Here's the 2015 article announcing its construction.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I seem to recall it was still a vacant lot when I passed it last month. 2016 still has 11 more months to go so it is possible it could open this year but 2017 may be a better bet.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I'd be shocked... pleasantly shocked but shocked if it did open this year.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:58 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

http://investors.hyatt.com/investor-...s/default.aspx

Hi All,
I'm thinking late Fall if we are lucky
The Kimpton Boutique property which is just up the street from the Hyatt Regency is likely to open before as it started before the Andaz project
The interesting thing is that if over the next year The Kimpton program folds into IHG rewards there will be many choices to redeem points in.
Its either going to be a buyers market or Palm Springs will need to get a lot of growth to stimulate the traffic to fill all those available room especially in the shoulder season
As someone who is thinking of buying another home there I am quite excited to see all these new upcoming beautiful properties revitalizing
the Downtown in one of my favorite small cities in the US
Cheers
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Was just there on 1/16 and 1/17 and the future Andaz is still a giant, block-length, gaping hole in the ground. Does not appear to be opening any time soon to me.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Was just there on 1/16 and 1/17 and the future Andaz is still a giant, block-length, gaping hole in the ground. Does not appear to be opening any time soon to me.
Thank you for the on the on the ground report. I hoped for better but feared exactly this. It seems few hotel openings go off on schedule.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:46 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I'm in the Hyatt PSP in October, so just now checked if the ANdAZ would be open.

Hyatt.com now states "opening early 2017"

too bad. Hyatt is very often quite optimistic with their opening dates. I cannot recall any hyatt that opened up on the date it was first announced...

Last edited by 59Impala; Apr 6, 2016 at 9:24 am
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
This is how it looks like at the end of march.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks, onewhoknows. I'm encouraged by seeing the frame of the hotel in place.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks, onewhoknows. I'm encouraged by seeing the frame of the hotel in place.
I'm sure they will offer special summer rates for the "sun" rooms they will have available by then.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
I was at the Hyatt Palm Springs last weekend. I was told the Andaz will likely not be open until mid/late 2017 or early 2018.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by mjh218
I was at the Hyatt Palm Springs last weekend. I was told the Andaz will likely not be open until mid/late 2017 or early 2018.
I know that both of the hotels will be part of Hyatt BUT I would also think that it is in the best financial interest of the Hyatt PS to have this hotel open as late as possible...or at least have people believe it is opening late so they book future stays at the Hyatt due to the uncertainty of the Andaz opening. I'm not saying that they are misrepresenting the open date but that would be almost a year later than the already revised timeline which seems odd now that construction is under way. I will be in PS in October so I will update on status then.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 5340
Size:  580.8 KBAugust 17, 2016. Frankly it doesn't appear to be the same site as the picture above. Isn't the Andaz supposed to be at the corner of Alejo and Palm Canyon? Sorry but I don't know why the picture is rotated and don't know how to fix it.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
Andaz Palm Springs

Renard is correct. His picture from August 17, 2016 is the Hyatt Andaz. The property is North of the current Hyatt Palm Springs on the other side of the street. The earlier photo from April is the new Kimpton hotel property which has also been delayed. It should open in the first quarter of 2017 and is located South of the Hyatt Palm Springs on the same side of Palm Canyon Drive.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:30 am

website now says 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.