Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Manila, City of Dreams REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Manila, City of Dreams REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:04 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently and can say if much has changed?

I currently have a reservation at Marco Polo Ortigas, but I am someone recently looking to move my stays to Hyatt from Marriott so was curious about switching over on this trip to get 5 nights towards Hyatt.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Is there mass transit between MNL and anywhere near this hotel (preferably a train)? I know Grab is probably $10 or less, but I'll only have a carry-on and like to try the local mass transit, when possible. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:30 pm

Local mass transit in the Philippines is not good. Would suggest grab. I stayed at the Hyatt you can arrange transport but unsure about a scheduled shuttle.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Staying here in a couple days. I know about Grab, but is there an airport shuttle for this hotel specifically or City of Dreams/DreamPlay generally? Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Hi All-

I need a sanity check on this as I've never been to Manila.

I'm going to be passing through, arriving on a late flight (~11pm) from NRT and then have a ~8am flight (both flights are in/out T3) out in the morning to Boracay. As usual, my preference is a Hyatt, but is it worth it in this case?

Despite all my time working, traveling, and living in Asia, I have no context for Manilla traffic, so I'm not sure how to judge. Would you recommend a different, easier hotel, or is the Hyatt reasonably simple and close? Its a place to stay for the night vs enjoying the property and I've already got closer to 90 nights this year, so a stay credit isn't critical but if its simple, I'd prefer the benefits, etc.

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Manila has brutal traffic, but it’s an easy trip between the airport and City of Dreams, especially late at night or in the early morning. You should have no problems.

I’m a Hyatt loyalist, too, but for a midnight arrival and 6:15 am (at the latest) departure, which benefits do you hope to enjoy?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Manila has brutal traffic, but it’s an easy trip between the airport and City of Dreams, especially late at night or in the early morning. You should have no problems.

I’m a Hyatt loyalist, too, but for a midnight arrival and 6:15 am (at the latest) departure, which benefits do you hope to enjoy?
Great question......none realistically other than the points, but that's a weak excuse. Can you suggest a simpler solution for a T3 hotel?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
Great question......none realistically other than the points, but that's a weak excuse. Can you suggest a simpler solution for a T3 hotel?
No firsthand experience, but I believe there are hotel options at or adjacent to the airport, including (possibly) a lounge option that offers showers and places to sleep for a few hours. I’m a big fan of the Hyatt at City of Dreams, but for a shower and a nap, I’d probably just stay at MNL.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
New Sheraton and Hilton are at T3 as well as a large Marriott. But if you just need a place to sleep for a few hours, you can stay at the Holiday Inn Express at T3 for 1/3 the price. You can walk there via the pedestrian overpass or take the free Resorts World Shuttle that runs every hour all night I think. The HIX will be the last stop. The shuttle can also take you back to the airport.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by kevino
New Sheraton and Hilton are at T3 as well as a large Marriott. But if you just need a place to sleep for a few hours, you can stay at the Holiday Inn Express at T3 for 1/3 the price. You can walk there via the pedestrian overpass or take the free Resorts World Shuttle that runs every hour all night I think. The HIX will be the last stop. The shuttle can also take you back to the airport.
Thanks. How long is the walk?

There is also a pseudo transit hotel in T3 as well, but it gets pretty mixed reviews.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
From the time you exit customs, and assuming the elevator is working up to the walkway, it's about 20 minutes, so not that easy. But the shuttle will take 10 minutes and it only comes once an hour late night.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
Thanks. How long is the walk?

There is also a pseudo transit hotel in T3 as well, but it gets pretty mixed reviews.
Just a quick follow up on this.....I ended up trying to book a room at the T3 transit hotel a couple of weeks before my trip, but they were sold out and I decided that given the intensity of this particular trip, I was too lazy to deal with the walk to an airport hotel. I ended up booking at the Hyatt and used their transfer service (2200 PHP).

Its wildly overpriced vs the taxi prices, but it was worth it given the situation for me (late night arrival, crazy around the world trip, business expense, etc.). The hotel ended up comp upgrading me a really nice big suite and everyone was exceedingly friendly and helpful.

I ended up taking a white taxi back to T3 in the morning for far less money and only needed to wait 1-2 min for the doorman to get me a taxi at ~7am or so.

All in all, it was a nice, easy way to spend the transit night, but certainly not the most cost effective.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:38 am

Any recent stays?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I am headed to this hotel at the end of October. When do you go?
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
I am headed to this hotel at the end of October. When do you go?
Would be early next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.