Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
Effective 7 Jan 2014, Hyatt Gold Passport offers bookings for a combination of points and cash for standard rooms. The points required are half of the points required for an all-points reservation. The following is a list of the points required plus co-pay for the 8 categories.

Cat 1 2,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 2 4,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 3 6,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 4 7,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 5 10,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 6 12,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 7 15,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 8 20,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate

1) As of November 2015, these rates can be booked online. In some cases, using a corporate code may cause them not to be shown.

2) Availability is determined by the property; some properties almost always have availability, while other properties apparently never have.

3) Points are normally deducted at time of booking; cash portion is paid to the hotel at checkout.

4) If you cancel the reservation online, the points are usually but not always automatically re-credited; may be necessary to call/contact.

5) Only available for standard rooms, not for higher room categories, Club floor rooms, etc.

6) All elite tier benefits apply, and Diamond suite upgrades may be applied if available.

7) Stay and night credits are applicable for elite qualification and also for promotions; cash portion earns points as qualified hotel spend.

8) For non-US properties, the US dollar co-pay may be converted to the foreign currency at the time the reservation is made. Sometimes the conversion rate is set for the whole year, so may be more or less than the current exchange rate.

9) The cash co-pay is inclusive of taxes and "service" charges for properties that quote their rates as inclusive of T&S. If rates do not normally include T&S, the cash portion is subject to the T&S charges.
Print Wikipost

Points & Cash - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 1:08 am
Suspended

Was able to get Maldives for 12,500 pts + $115 USD. I'll take that Hyatt, I'll take that.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Member

Hello all
im curious if anyone has ever seen P&C available at the Park Hyatt Vendome or Hyatt Madeleine in Paris? They never seem to be available online. Is it worth calling?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
im curious if anyone has ever seen P&C available at the Park Hyatt Vendome or Hyatt Madeleine in Paris? They never seem to be available online. Is it worth calling?
We used P&C for a 6-night stay at PHV, but it was showing online at the time, so I don't know if calling would open availability.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:42 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The P&C gems are in all over Africa, Europe and Asia. I could never find any good P&C rates for domestic US properties :/

And if there were any good P&C in the US, they were mostly properties that charge those additional fees which aren't waived for globalists.

Last edited by Gertjaars; May 31, 2022 at 7:32 pm
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
P&C became dead to me once it went from a fixed amount of USD to being 50% of the Standard Rate.
smilee and 59Impala like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:06 am

If there are P+C standard rooms available, should points only also be available? Seeing some where P+C shows availability but no option to book with points only.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
The P&C gems are in all over Africa, Europe and Asia. I could never find any good P&C rates for domestic US properties :/

And if there were any good P&C in the US, they were mostly properties that charge those additional fees which aren't waived for globalists.
This was an interesting one @ Thompson Dallas
Not a bad deal if you'd like to have a guaranteed suite.

Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevinjm
This was an interesting one @ Thompson Dallas
Not a bad deal if you'd like to have a guaranteed suite.

Yeah that's strange; they seem to not be following the normal points + cash rate.

HR Dallas is interesting too. I'm seeing standard room rate at $254, or standard award for 15k pts, or pts+cash for 7500 pts + $50. It's supposed to be 7500 pts + $125. 7500 pts + $50 is clearly better than 15k pts (we can argue about valuations but no one credibly claims that Hyatt pts are worth less than a cent)

Also the standard suite is 23k pts or 11,500 pts + $90 or $369.

Maybe it's a Dallas thing. The cash part seems to be a flat amount rather than 1/2 the standard rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.