Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
Effective 7 Jan 2014, Hyatt Gold Passport offers bookings for a combination of points and cash for standard rooms. The points required are half of the points required for an all-points reservation. The following is a list of the points required plus co-pay for the 8 categories.

Cat 1 2,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 2 4,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 3 6,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 4 7,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 5 10,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 6 12,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 7 15,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 8 20,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate

1) As of November 2015, these rates can be booked online. In some cases, using a corporate code may cause them not to be shown.

2) Availability is determined by the property; some properties almost always have availability, while other properties apparently never have.

3) Points are normally deducted at time of booking; cash portion is paid to the hotel at checkout.

4) If you cancel the reservation online, the points are usually but not always automatically re-credited; may be necessary to call/contact.

5) Only available for standard rooms, not for higher room categories, Club floor rooms, etc.

6) All elite tier benefits apply, and Diamond suite upgrades may be applied if available.

7) Stay and night credits are applicable for elite qualification and also for promotions; cash portion earns points as qualified hotel spend.

8) For non-US properties, the US dollar co-pay may be converted to the foreign currency at the time the reservation is made. Sometimes the conversion rate is set for the whole year, so may be more or less than the current exchange rate.

9) The cash co-pay is inclusive of taxes and "service" charges for properties that quote their rates as inclusive of T&S. If rates do not normally include T&S, the cash portion is subject to the T&S charges.
Print Wikipost

Points & Cash - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Category 3 = $50
Category 2 = $35

That's all I know as other properties in different categories haven't screwed this up yet for me.
For full points redemptions, the payment to the hotel depends on occupancy. There is a sliding scale so that the higher the occupancy, the higher the rebate. Very difficult in small hotels (like Park Hyatt Maldives) when to achieve the highest rebate they have to sell all but 1 or 2 rooms.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:40 pm

how different would be a points+cash offer to:
1/2 stay with points 1/2 stay with cash (which would be much more likely to be available)
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by switchyj
1/2 stay with points 1/2 stay with cash (which would be much more likely to be available)
Very different: amount of cash is probably more, different number of nights counted, etc.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Completely depends on the property and the prevailing rates on the dates in question.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Completely depends on the property and the prevailing rates on the dates in question.
would then the whole stay be counted as paid stay?
as in if I buy 1 night and use points for all the other nights during the same stay, does it credit me points for 1 night or 10?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:10 pm

would then the whole stay be counted as paid stay?
as in if I buy 1 night and use points for all the other nights during the same stay, does it credit me points for 1 night or 10?
I thought you were referring to difference in value.

If all you mean is the difference in stay/night credits, then that's easy. No matter how you combine paid, P&C, and all-points nights during a consecutive stay, you will get one stay credit as long as you have at least one paid or P&C night at any time (start, middle, end, or whenever) during the stay. You will receive one night credit for each paid and P&C night. You will not get any night credits for all-points nights, and no stay credit if the enter stay is all-points.

Value-wise, often (2 P&C nights are a bette value than 1 paid + 1 all-points nights, but not always, which is what I meant by it depending on the property and dates.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:44 pm

I'm trying to book points and cash in tokyo, it doesnt matter if andaz, grand hyatt or regency, they all show the standard points room but i've called hyatt passport and it doesn't have availability to book P+C, how that works? Since there's the option to book with points, it should be booked with points and cash, or not?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ironfire
I'm trying to book points and cash in tokyo, it doesnt matter if andaz, grand hyatt or regency, they all show the standard points room but i've called hyatt passport and it doesn't have availability to book P+C, how that works? Since there's the option to book with points, it should be booked with points and cash, or not?
No. Availability is separate from all points bookings. Hotel discretion.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ironfire
You could contact the property and ask for P&C or do points and change over when you check-in.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
do points and change over when you check-in.
Although I've heard of people being able to do this, it is entirely at the discretion of the hotel and certainly not part of the T&C. A property that is a stickler for the rules (PH Tokyo comes to mind, in contrast with HR Kyoto), would probably not allow it, so it is a gamble if the stay credit is important.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 6:49 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Sorry if has been asked before. I currently have 17000 pts. I would like to book a category 5 club room which is 27000 pts. If i book a Points and Cash award category 5 room for 10000 pts + USD125 (normally 20000 pts), and then cancel the booking, would I get back 20000 pts so I can then book a category 5 club room which is 27000 pts? I don't think i can book a club room using pts and cash...
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by kpc
Sorry if has been asked before. I currently have 17000 pts. I would like to book a category 5 club room which is 27000 pts. If i book a Points and Cash award category 5 room for 10000 pts + USD125 (normally 20000 pts), and then cancel the booking, would I get back 20000 pts so I can then book a category 5 club room which is 27000 pts? I don't think i can book a club room using pts and cash...
An interesting concept, but no it will not work.

Book P&C for 10,000 pts + $125 and the pts will usually be immediately deducted, but the cash portion is paid at checkout, just like a paid stay. Cancel and you get your 10,000 pts back.

You are correct that you cannot book a club room on P&C.

If you're that keen to get a club room on pts, you could purchase the pts. Right now there is 30% bonus sale until the end of Aug. Purchase 8,000 pts and get 2,400 pts bonus for a cost of US$192.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:06 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by kpc

Most certainly would not work. Otherwise what is to stop people from generating unlimited points by doing what you are proposing.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:38 am

This option used to (still does?) work on the IHG program which may have prompted the question.

In any case, the answer (as others have said above) is no, it does not work in Hyatt.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Most certainly would not work. Otherwise what is to stop people from generating unlimited points by doing what you are proposing.
Lack of money?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.