FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt House - Very Important Resident (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1469020-hyatt-house-very-important-resident.html)

austin_modern May 21, 2013 11:18 am

Hyatt House - Very Important Resident

Had not seen this posted on here....

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4060761.html

Seems like Hyatt is offering some free credits and whatnot to people using HH as an extended stay. Seems sort of a minimum addition, since 30+ nights would probably translate as one being diamond.

VIR seems like the "poor man's " Courtesy Card.

========================================
Very Important Residents

Guests staying a total of 30 nights or more at HYATT house earn status as a Very Important Resident. House Hosts at each property will go above and beyond to make sure VIRs enjoy an easy transition from home to hotel. VIRs will enjoy:

Personalized service: From learning guests' personal preferences to building a relationship with them during their stay, each property is committed to making guests feel like they're right at home.
Pick-Your-Suite: Guests will have the opportunity to pick their own suite from available rooms in their room type at the time of their arrival.
VIR Key Card: Each key card will reflect guests' VIR status so that hotel staff can quickly recognize a VIR guest and provide them with above and beyond personalized service.
VIR Tour: A personalized hotel tour from hotel management staff.
"Favorites" Folio: A place to make note of guests' likes, dislikes and special requests so HYATT house can personalize their stay in every way, every time.
Grocery Shopping Service: By providing a grocery list to the House Host, the staff will stock guests' refrigerators and kitchens with their favorite food items before their arrival or for when they come home.
Grub Stub: Redeem for a $10 food and beverage credit from the H BAR or the Guest Market.
Scrub Stub: This voucher can be redeemed for one washer and dryer cycle.
VIP Welcome Amenity: Guests can select an amenity of their choice to be waiting for them when they arrive.

dtremit May 21, 2013 11:29 am

With the exception of the freebies at the end, this sounds like a way of formally presenting existing benefits. E.g., I believe the grocery service is already available to all Hyatt House guests.

CloudCoder May 21, 2013 1:18 pm

If you stayed in one property for 30 days straight, why would you then need a tour? :confused::p

Originally Posted by austin_modern (Post 20787634)
VIR Tour: A personalized hotel tour from hotel management staff.

LIH Prem May 22, 2013 5:57 am

the program sounds nice, but the downside is you have to stay at HH to get it/use it.

-David

hobo13 May 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 20791600)
the program sounds nice, but the downside is you have to stay at HH for 30 nights to get it/use it.

-David

(bold text mine)

LIH Prem May 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 20795177)
(bold text mine)

My statement reflected what I meant without your changes.

1 night at HH is one too many for me.

Though for those people doing longer term stays, the new benefits are nice.

-David

travelexpert May 26, 2013 2:31 am

I was interested in a 30 day HH stay--but the 3K bonus points/3 night Q2 promo paled in comparison to the Marriott Megabonus offer (50K points with 25 nights).

Am waiting for GP to come up with a lucrative quarterly promo....

atl475 May 28, 2013 3:09 pm

hyatt points vs marriott points

Those two promotions are really comparable. You earn 1K Hyatt points or 2K Marriott points per night. Keep in mind 1 Hyatt point is worth 2 Marriott points.

Originally Posted by travelexpert (Post 20812550)
I was interested in a 30 day HH stay--but the 3K bonus points/3 night Q2 promo paled in comparison to the Marriott Megabonus offer (50K points with 25 nights).

canon5dfan Jun 9, 2015 12:31 pm

Has anyone ever enrolled in this program and if so what have your experiences been? I have about 30+ nights that I will be spending at a Hyatt House.

MSPeconomist Jun 9, 2015 1:14 pm

If you'll be staying in a HH anyway for 30 or more consecutive nights, I don't see any downside to this. However, my impression is that the designation and benefits are offered automatically to extended stay guests. I don't think it's necessary to enroll.

spgplat21 Jun 9, 2015 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by travelexpert (Post 20812550)

You just got unlucky and received the worst bonus offer for your upcoming stay pattern. The better Hyatt offer for you, which they might still give you if you call in, would give you 65K points which to me is worth at least twice what 50K Marriott points are worth and probably closer to 3 times. I only have a few stays planned so I wish I would have received your offer instead, but oh well; I got lucky and maxed out the first quarter 65K offer so I can't complain too much.

MSPeconomist Jun 9, 2015 7:10 pm

What Marriott bonus offer now? We've been told that there will be no summer megabonus this year.

esquesk Jun 9, 2015 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21 (Post 24945330)
You just got unlucky and received the worst bonus offer for your upcoming stay pattern. The better Hyatt offer for you, which they might still give you if you call in, would give you 65K points which to me is worth at least twice what 50K Marriott points are worth and probably closer to 3 times. I only have a few stays planned so I wish I would have received your offer instead, but oh well; I got lucky and maxed out the first quarter 65K offer so I can't complain too much.

You're responding to a post from 2013.. haha.

canon5dfan Jun 10, 2015 11:20 am

Originally Posted by esquesk (Post 24946251)
You're responding to a post from 2013.. haha.

LOL :D

Thx MSP - I thought I had to enroll. Checked with Hyatt and they said it's automatic too.

DaveH Oct 6, 2021 8:26 pm

2021 bump...

Hyatt House Charlotte Airport bills this program as available to folks with 21-night or longer stays. Was told I need to call sales dept to get more details, so will plan to do that tomorrow,

Anyone else have recent experiences with this at US Hyatt House properties?