Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House - Very Important Resident

Old May 21, 13, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."

Had not seen this posted on here....

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4060761.html

Seems like Hyatt is offering some free credits and whatnot to people using HH as an extended stay. Seems sort of a minimum addition, since 30+ nights would probably translate as one being diamond.

VIR seems like the "poor man's " Courtesy Card.

========================================
Very Important Residents

Guests staying a total of 30 nights or more at HYATT house earn status as a Very Important Resident. House Hosts at each property will go above and beyond to make sure VIRs enjoy an easy transition from home to hotel. VIRs will enjoy:

Personalized service: From learning guests' personal preferences to building a relationship with them during their stay, each property is committed to making guests feel like they're right at home.
Pick-Your-Suite: Guests will have the opportunity to pick their own suite from available rooms in their room type at the time of their arrival.
VIR Key Card: Each key card will reflect guests' VIR status so that hotel staff can quickly recognize a VIR guest and provide them with above and beyond personalized service.
VIR Tour: A personalized hotel tour from hotel management staff.
"Favorites" Folio: A place to make note of guests' likes, dislikes and special requests so HYATT house can personalize their stay in every way, every time.
Grocery Shopping Service: By providing a grocery list to the House Host, the staff will stock guests' refrigerators and kitchens with their favorite food items before their arrival or for when they come home.
Grub Stub: Redeem for a $10 food and beverage credit from the H BAR or the Guest Market.
Scrub Stub: This voucher can be redeemed for one washer and dryer cycle.
VIP Welcome Amenity: Guests can select an amenity of their choice to be waiting for them when they arrive.
Old May 21, 13, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
With the exception of the freebies at the end, this sounds like a way of formally presenting existing benefits. E.g., I believe the grocery service is already available to all Hyatt House guests.
Old May 21, 13, 2:18 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
If you stayed in one property for 30 days straight, why would you then need a tour?
Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
VIR Tour: A personalized hotel tour from hotel management staff.
Old May 22, 13, 6:57 am

the program sounds nice, but the downside is you have to stay at HH to get it/use it.

-David
Old May 22, 13, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem View Post
the program sounds nice, but the downside is you have to stay at HH for 30 nights to get it/use it.

-David
(bold text mine)
Old May 23, 13, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 View Post
(bold text mine)
My statement reflected what I meant without your changes.

1 night at HH is one too many for me.

Though for those people doing longer term stays, the new benefits are nice.

-David
Old May 26, 13, 3:31 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I was interested in a 30 day HH stay--but the 3K bonus points/3 night Q2 promo paled in comparison to the Marriott Megabonus offer (50K points with 25 nights).

Am waiting for GP to come up with a lucrative quarterly promo....
Old May 28, 13, 4:09 pm

hyatt points vs marriott points

Those two promotions are really comparable. You earn 1K Hyatt points or 2K Marriott points per night. Keep in mind 1 Hyatt point is worth 2 Marriott points.

Originally Posted by travelexpert View Post
I was interested in a 30 day HH stay--but the 3K bonus points/3 night Q2 promo paled in comparison to the Marriott Megabonus offer (50K points with 25 nights).

Old Jun 9, 15, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Has anyone ever enrolled in this program and if so what have your experiences been? I have about 30+ nights that I will be spending at a Hyatt House.
Old Jun 9, 15, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you'll be staying in a HH anyway for 30 or more consecutive nights, I don't see any downside to this. However, my impression is that the designation and benefits are offered automatically to extended stay guests. I don't think it's necessary to enroll.
Old Jun 9, 15, 6:42 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by travelexpert View Post

You just got unlucky and received the worst bonus offer for your upcoming stay pattern. The better Hyatt offer for you, which they might still give you if you call in, would give you 65K points which to me is worth at least twice what 50K Marriott points are worth and probably closer to 3 times. I only have a few stays planned so I wish I would have received your offer instead, but oh well; I got lucky and maxed out the first quarter 65K offer so I can't complain too much.
Old Jun 9, 15, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What Marriott bonus offer now? We've been told that there will be no summer megabonus this year.
Old Jun 9, 15, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by spgplat21 View Post
You just got unlucky and received the worst bonus offer for your upcoming stay pattern. The better Hyatt offer for you, which they might still give you if you call in, would give you 65K points which to me is worth at least twice what 50K Marriott points are worth and probably closer to 3 times. I only have a few stays planned so I wish I would have received your offer instead, but oh well; I got lucky and maxed out the first quarter 65K offer so I can't complain too much.
You're responding to a post from 2013.. haha.
Old Jun 10, 15, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by esquesk View Post
You're responding to a post from 2013.. haha.
LOL

Thx MSP - I thought I had to enroll. Checked with Hyatt and they said it's automatic too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: