FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Benefit to 250 vs 221 elite nights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1413614-benefit-250-vs-221-elite-nights.html)

thecloser Dec 3, 2012 4:42 pm

Benefit to 250 vs 221 elite nights

I currently have 201 elite nights for 2012 showing in my GP account with another 20 from PH Washington that will be credited in December which would bring my year end total up to 221. This seemed a little low so I reviewed my activity for the past few months I noticed that a stay from 9/30 to 11/29 at HR Bethesda is actually marked as being from 10/30 to 11/29. I checked the folio (which shows the correct dates) and the points for the stay are correct even though the nights are wrong.

Given that the points are correct does anyone see a benefit to taking the time and energy to get Hyatt to correct the stay dates in my GP account which would result in the correct elite nights?

hailstorm Dec 3, 2012 4:45 pm

How much time and energy would it take to fire off a single e-mail?

BKKLEE Dec 3, 2012 4:47 pm

you've taken MORE time to write this post then it would have taken contacting GP..............

Originally Posted by thecloser (Post 19790157)
I currently have 201 elite nights for 2012 showing in my GP account with another 20 from PH Washington that will be credited in December which would bring my year end total up to 221. This seemed a little low so I reviewed my activity for the past few months I noticed that a stay from 9/30 to 11/29 at HR Bethesda is actually marked as being from 10/30 to 11/29. I checked the folio (which shows the correct dates) and the points for the stay are correct even though the nights are wrong.

Given that the points are correct does anyone see a benefit to taking the time and energy to get Hyatt to correct the stay dates in my GP account which would result in the correct elite nights?

thecloser Dec 3, 2012 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 19790173)
How much time and energy would it take to fire off a single e-mail?

It isn't writing the email, it's following through 4 times to actually get it taken care of.

hailstorm Dec 3, 2012 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by thecloser (Post 19790252)
It isn't writing the email, it's following through 4 times to actually get it taken care of.

I've not had the need for such redundancy when addressing such a clear issue with them.

MSPeconomist Dec 3, 2012 7:56 pm

At some point, those night credits *might* matter for lifetime status.

Scottrick Dec 4, 2012 5:55 am

MSPeconomist may be right about lifetime status, but I thought it was dependent on base points, not nights stayed.

And, no, you shouldn't need to follow up. I just call GP and they fix it over the phone. No wait on hold. Online statement is updated in an hour or so.

aba030 Dec 4, 2012 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Scottrick (Post 19793060)
MSPeconomist may be right about lifetime status, but I thought it was dependent on base points, not nights stayed...

LT status is currently off of base points, but the policy could always change in the future to somehow include total nights.

bigguyinpasadena Dec 5, 2012 7:17 am

220 nights-including 20 at the PH DC and you are not a Courtesy Card member with your own HGP Ambasador to straighten this out for you? :confused: