Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Benefit to 250 vs 221 elite nights

Old Dec 3, 12, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

I currently have 201 elite nights for 2012 showing in my GP account with another 20 from PH Washington that will be credited in December which would bring my year end total up to 221. This seemed a little low so I reviewed my activity for the past few months I noticed that a stay from 9/30 to 11/29 at HR Bethesda is actually marked as being from 10/30 to 11/29. I checked the folio (which shows the correct dates) and the points for the stay are correct even though the nights are wrong.

Given that the points are correct does anyone see a benefit to taking the time and energy to get Hyatt to correct the stay dates in my GP account which would result in the correct elite nights?
Old Dec 3, 12, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
How much time and energy would it take to fire off a single e-mail?
Old Dec 3, 12, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you've taken MORE time to write this post then it would have taken contacting GP..............

Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I currently have 201 elite nights for 2012 showing in my GP account with another 20 from PH Washington that will be credited in December which would bring my year end total up to 221. This seemed a little low so I reviewed my activity for the past few months I noticed that a stay from 9/30 to 11/29 at HR Bethesda is actually marked as being from 10/30 to 11/29. I checked the folio (which shows the correct dates) and the points for the stay are correct even though the nights are wrong.

Given that the points are correct does anyone see a benefit to taking the time and energy to get Hyatt to correct the stay dates in my GP account which would result in the correct elite nights?
Old Dec 3, 12, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
How much time and energy would it take to fire off a single e-mail?
It isn't writing the email, it's following through 4 times to actually get it taken care of.
Old Dec 3, 12, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
It isn't writing the email, it's following through 4 times to actually get it taken care of.
I've not had the need for such redundancy when addressing such a clear issue with them.
Old Dec 3, 12, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At some point, those night credits *might* matter for lifetime status.
Old Dec 4, 12, 6:55 am
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
MSPeconomist may be right about lifetime status, but I thought it was dependent on base points, not nights stayed.

And, no, you shouldn't need to follow up. I just call GP and they fix it over the phone. No wait on hold. Online statement is updated in an hour or so.
Old Dec 4, 12, 7:55 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Scottrick View Post
MSPeconomist may be right about lifetime status, but I thought it was dependent on base points, not nights stayed...
LT status is currently off of base points, but the policy could always change in the future to somehow include total nights.
Old Dec 5, 12, 8:17 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
220 nights-including 20 at the PH DC and you are not a Courtesy Card member with your own HGP Ambasador to straighten this out for you?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: