Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Anyone know how the credit works for the 4th night free promo? Is it like a gift card for incidentals (i.e. "You spent $700 while here, not including your room cost. After the credit, your bill is $100.") or is it like the credit that is essentially mediocre/useless resort coupons some places give out (i.e. "$30 off a $150+ massage, $10 off our $40 breakfast, $50 off room upgrades, etc.")?

Remember that assuming you spent $700 at the hotel on food/spa/incidental items then if you book the Prive rate (I can book this for you) your bill should be zero! With Prive you get $100 credit (in addition to the $300 per person 4th night free credit) plus free breakfast plus a room upgrade confirmed when you book as well as receiving VIP status at the hotel. Send me a PM if you'd like more information!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Cityguy1
Remember that assuming you spent $700 at the hotel on food/spa/incidental items then if you book the Prive rate (I can book this for you) your bill should be zero! With Prive you get $100 credit (in addition to the $300 per person 4th night free credit) plus free breakfast plus a room upgrade confirmed when you book as well as receiving VIP status at the hotel. Send me a PM if you'd like more information!
What is "VIP" status, and what benefits does that include?

Also, assuming someone spent exactly $700 on incidentals, then the bill would be whatever room rate was booked, which is at least ~$1250 (the absolute minimum room rate plus tax staying exactly 4 nights).

And just to be extra clear, the previous person who responded to the question, KristenNix, can also book the Prive rate.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:26 pm

what is the TSU category here?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yerffej201
what is the TSU category here?
Globalist confirmed suite upgrade? The Park Suite, which is a like double the size of a regular room and bigger terrace aswell and always beach front.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Globalist confirmed suite upgrade? The Park Suite, which is a like double the size of a regular room and bigger terrace aswell and always beach front.
yeah. thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by murphyUA
What is "VIP" status, and what benefits does that include?

Also, assuming someone spent exactly $700 on incidentals, then the bill would be whatever room rate was booked, which is at least ~$1250 (the absolute minimum room rate plus tax staying exactly 4 nights).

And just to be extra clear, the previous person who responded to the question, KristenNix, can also book the Prive rate.
VIP status means that the hotel will take extra care of you. You typically get treated as if you are a Globalist even if you've never stayed in a Hyatt before, simply because you booked a Prive rate. As such you receive the on-site Globalist benefits (though better since your room upgrade is confirmed at the time of booking). You'll also get a gift in your room (similar to the old Diamond welcome amenity) such as a bottle of wine, chocolates or something original from the destination.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me and I can discuss this further.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:31 am

I know the hotel is a smoke free-property.
Does anyone know if they allow smoking on the outdoor balconies/private pool decks?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:58 pm

The 4th night free promo with the stay credit is looking very tempting. Thinking about going in August. Does anyone know about how much the food/beverage costs there? Would really appreciate if someone could post a pic of a sample menu. Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by whistler814
The 4th night free promo with the stay credit is looking very tempting. Thinking about going in August. Does anyone know about how much the food/beverage costs there? Would really appreciate if someone could post a pic of a sample menu. Thanks.
All the menus (and prices in USD) are linked on the Dining page.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/sa...s/skbph/dining
whistler814 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
So probably going to book 5 nights in Nov. First 4 nights will be base room and last night will be high-tier suite. Per Prive advisor, upgrade from Nevis to Park Exec possible but Park Exec to Penthouse no. I noticed a comment on OMAAT wherein someone noted they secured an upgrade to Penthouse for an upcoming summer trip (though it's not noted what he had booked initially, or how he secured it). Any insight/tips?
The room description (not rate description) of the Park Exec includes two 50 minute spa treatments. Could I expect this if upgraded from Nevis suite via Prive?
Lastly, only options for King Bed are ADA King at ~$300 or Beachside King at $337 (Park and Sea-View sold out first night of the stay)… I'm guessing ADA King won't Upgrade to Beachside King? And Sea-View queen (best room cat) won't upgrade into Park Suite?

Are Prive advisors are appropriately compensated for bookings? I'd be asking mine some of these questions directly, but this is my first time utilizing one and feel odd about consuming his time.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
So probably going to book 5 nights in Nov. First 4 nights will be base room and last night will be high-tier suite. Per Prive advisor, upgrade from Nevis to Park Exec possible but Park Exec to Penthouse no. I noticed a comment on OMAAT wherein someone noted they secured an upgrade to Penthouse for an upcoming summer trip (though it's not noted what he had booked initially, or how he secured it). Any insight/tips?
The room description (not rate description) of the Park Exec includes two 50 minute spa treatments. Could I expect this if upgraded from Nevis suite via Prive?
Lastly, only options for King Bed are ADA King at ~$300 or Beachside King at $337 (Park and Sea-View sold out first night of the stay)… I'm guessing ADA King won't Upgrade to Beachside King? And Sea-View queen (best room cat) won't upgrade into Park Suite?

Are Prive advisors are appropriately compensated for bookings? I'd be asking mine some of these questions directly, but this is my first time utilizing one and feel odd about consuming his time.
Lots of different questions! I'm a Prive advisor and more than happy to help! The 50 min spa treatments are for those that actually book the Park Exec I'm afraid. If you have any dates or anything specific you want me to take a look at, please send me a PM! Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Anybody know where we can find spa prices list? Found a pdf on their website, but no prices listed.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Has anybody who's stayed recently had an "Eligible Spend" issue at this property?

Just got back last week from 4 nights utilizing the 4th night free promo rate. Total folio was around $2300 but my eligible spend was only ~$1300. Looks like they disqualified everything but the room rate, although even that doesn't match up exactly with what the rate/tax/service was. Also for nights credit I only got 3 instead of 4.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Has anybody who's stayed recently had an "Eligible Spend" issue at this property?
Just got back last week from 4 nights utilizing the 4th night free promo rate. Total folio was around $2300 but my eligible spend was only ~$1300. Looks like they disqualified everything but the room rate, although even that doesn't match up exactly with what the rate/tax/service was. Also for nights credit I only got 3 instead of 4.
Did you have three people (and thus ~$1000 of credit)?
Did you actually pay $2300 out of pocket? Or was the $2300 the total for nights + dining/spa, and then you took off the ~$1000 leaving you to actually pay $1300?

If the latter, then it makes sense. You didn't generate $2300 of revenue for Hyatt, you generated $1300 and Hyatt gave you an extra $1000 to spend while onsite.

As for night credit: That also makes some sense; you didn't pay anything for the night (points or cash). Therefore no night credit. I don't think it should work that way, but I believe that's how it has worked in the past.

This *IS* different from how the Prestige 4th night works. In that case, Hyatt sees that you paid for all four nights (and you do). Only after the fact does Citi reimburse you.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jameswes
Did you have three people (and thus ~$1000 of credit)?
Did you actually pay $2300 out of pocket? Or was the $2300 the total for nights + dining/spa, and then you took off the ~$1000 leaving you to actually pay $1300?

If the latter, then it makes sense. You didn't generate $2300 of revenue for Hyatt, you generated $1300 and Hyatt gave you an extra $1000 to spend while onsite.
There were only 2 of us so $600 total in resort credits. My total folio before the credits was $2900 - $600 credit = $2300 I paid at checkout. Yea, I don't really care about the night credit but I definitely want the points for that other $1000 in restaurant/spa spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.