Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Belgrade- REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Belgrade- REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkmatter
The trams and buses take Mastercard touch now. Pretty easy to get anywhere in 20 min from the Hyatt for 90 cents.
Cheers. How's the smoke smell ive been reading about in reviews? I'm a non smoker and dislike the smell but do understand a lot of people in serbia smoke...just want to sleep without that smell haha.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Cheers. How's the smoke smell ive been reading about in reviews? I'm a non smoker and dislike the smell but do understand a lot of people in serbia smoke...just want to sleep without that smell haha.
No smoke smell that I can discern in the room or common areas.

Breakfast for Globalists is in the restaurant - buffet but you can also order egg dishes as well as waffles (and maybe other items) made to order.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
No smoke smell that I can discern in the room or common areas.

Breakfast for Globalists is in the restaurant - buffet but you can also order egg dishes as well as waffles (and maybe other items) made to order.
Thanks! I actually stayed there 2 months ago and loved it! Amazing value for points.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I was there one week ago. I booked on points with rates averaging 150+ euros during my stay, the value was excellent. Very friendly staff at checkin and proactively upgraded to a Junior Suite / Regency Suite. As others reported the suite is dated but was well maintained overtime and I was fully satisfied with the room.

Breakfast was ok but the restaurant room was packed, I had to sit in the bar area several mornings where the smoke odor was strong.. Buffet was average, some items did not seem very fresh. Tried to order pancakes several times but the kitchen "was out of pancakes" and servers told "it was the kitchen fault and they could not do anything". Servers were generally not helpful and not proactive in offering drinks. I had to share (was forced to actually) my table with other guests one morning which was new to me ...

Except breakfast, the staff in the Club, Front Desk, Concierge, Housekeeping and Bar did a wonderful job. Received great tips from the Concierge who was available on WhatsApp all day. Room Service accommodated all off menu requests I had. Food was perfect.

Food and beverage selection seemed smaller than what was reported in this thread before covid. Interestingly only soft drinks were available on the Buffet during cocktail hour, alcoholic drinks only available upon request which I assumed was a way to reduce consumption, though staff was proactive in offering refills.

One tip regarding the airport though: I arrived at about 1 AM at the airport and taxis were a nightmare. ALL taxis refusing to agree on a reasonable rate or using the meter. I was quoted anything between 50-80 euros for the 15 minutes ride. Outrageous. Called the hotel so they could order a taxi for me but said they could not find one at this time. No public transportation that late. I ended up downloading Car:GO app (local Uber) and found a ride in about 5 minuted. Modern car, driver used the in-app meter and the total was about 15 euros. On my way back I booked the hotel transfer at 35 euros.

The city was about a 20 min walk from the hotel, which was manageable even under 37°C, but you are basically walking meters away from a high traffic road most of the time. I had lunch several times at Pietra restaurant in the old town on the Concierge recommendation, pizzas and cocktails were amazing. Overall I definitely recommend visiting Belgrade + the Hyatt especially on points.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by llb09
I was there one week ago. I booked on points with rates averaging 150+ euros during my stay, the value was excellent. Very friendly staff at checkin and proactively upgraded to a Junior Suite / Regency Suite. As others reported the suite is dated but was well maintained overtime and I was fully satisfied with the room.

Breakfast was ok but the restaurant room was packed, I had to sit in the bar area several mornings where the smoke odor was strong.. Buffet was average, some items did not seem very fresh. Tried to order pancakes several times but the kitchen "was out of pancakes" and servers told "it was the kitchen fault and they could not do anything". Servers were generally not helpful and not proactive in offering drinks. I had to share (was forced to actually) my table with other guests one morning which was new to me ...

Except breakfast, the staff in the Club, Front Desk, Concierge, Housekeeping and Bar did a wonderful job. Received great tips from the Concierge who was available on WhatsApp all day. Room Service accommodated all off menu requests I had. Food was perfect.

Food and beverage selection seemed smaller than what was reported in this thread before covid. Interestingly only soft drinks were available on the Buffet during cocktail hour, alcoholic drinks only available upon request which I assumed was a way to reduce consumption, though staff was proactive in offering refills.

One tip regarding the airport though: I arrived at about 1 AM at the airport and taxis were a nightmare. ALL taxis refusing to agree on a reasonable rate or using the meter. I was quoted anything between 50-80 euros for the 15 minutes ride. Outrageous. Called the hotel so they could order a taxi for me but said they could not find one at this time. No public transportation that late. I ended up downloading Car:GO app (local Uber) and found a ride in about 5 minuted. Modern car, driver used the in-app meter and the total was about 15 euros. On my way back I booked the hotel transfer at 35 euros.

The city was about a 20 min walk from the hotel, which was manageable even under 37°C, but you are basically walking meters away from a high traffic road most of the time. I had lunch several times at Pietra restaurant in the old town on the Concierge recommendation, pizzas and cocktails were amazing. Overall I definitely recommend visiting Belgrade + the Hyatt especially on points.
Did you go to the taxi booth before leaving the airport? There's set rates that taxis have to follow to certain areas of town that they print out for you. Although, I will say my cab driver tried to tell me a different rate but I stood my ground on what the ticket said and he agreed after a couple grunts.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
On my way back I booked the hotel transfer at 35 euros.
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Did you go to the taxi booth before leaving the airport? There's set rates that taxis have to follow to certain areas of town that they print out for you. Although, I will say my cab driver tried to tell me a different rate but I stood my ground on what the ticket said and he agreed after a couple grunts.
Would this hotel do an airport pick-up for 35 euros as well?

I would love to visit this hotel and Belgrade for a weekend, but the only flights that work for my schedule arrive just before midnight, and I am totally put off by the idea of dealing with the taxi mafia at that hour with no local currency...
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Would this hotel do an airport pick-up for 35 euros as well?

I would love to visit this hotel and Belgrade for a weekend, but the only flights that work for my schedule arrive just before midnight, and I am totally put off by the idea of dealing with the taxi mafia at that hour with no local currency...
The airport is a nightmare; I also arrived late. Trying to avoid taxis (as the pick up area was a complete zoo), I thought I would use Car:go. But there were no cars available. Walked to Terminal 1 and tried again; still no cars available. Ended up walking to the street outside Terminal 1 and waived down a random passing taxi (after being passed by 2-3). He wanted 2,500 dinars and I talked him down to 2,000 dinars (about 17 Euro). I was able to get dinars from one of the currency exchange machines in the airport.

35 Euro for an airport pick up through the hotel would be a good investment in my opinion.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:31 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Has anyone stayed here recently? Just wondering about the mask requirements. I have a stay in a couple of weeks and note on the website masks must be worn in the hotel - just wondering if this is the case in practice?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by chad75
Has anyone stayed here recently? Just wondering about the mask requirements. I have a stay in a couple of weeks and note on the website masks must be worn in the hotel - just wondering if this is the case in practice?
No it's not don't worry. You don't need a mask anywhere in hotel and in the whole country. They probably just haven't updated it.
chad75 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:26 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Recently wrapped up a pleasant 5 night stay at this somewhat bizarre property. The public areas of the hotel are like some US Midwest Grand Hyatt from 1995, I expected to see JR Erwing stroll up the marble stairs. Upgraded to a fairly large suite - things like the light switches etc gave away the age of the property but the furnishings were more up to date and the room was certainly well maintained. Housekeeping clearly vacuumed the entire suite each day, one day it even looked like the floors had been dry cleaned? The door of the suite opened out into the middle of the lounge which I also found a bit odd.

Not for everyone but I loved the view over the surrounding blocks - could even see right across to the Western Gate. As a tourist I even liked the location.

Lounge was good - service was bizarrely overly formal. May have been a language thing as I noted the staff were a lot more relaxed when talking to local guests.

During the weekend there was some sort of children's fair going on in the lobby - slightly bizarre to battle through a hundred odd families (and a belly dancer) to get to the lifts but it sort of fitted with the vibe of the hotel.

Breakfast was a choice of continental in the lounge or full breakfast in the restuarant.

Used the hotel car service to and from the hotel which was quite easy.

Despite the age of the property I'd be happy to return.

The lounge as seen from my front door.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does this hotel offer app check-in and check-out?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What a pleasant step back in time this hotel was.

I had a five-night stay recently that I largely enjoyed. The hotel is certainly dated but I didn't think it was rundown as such, just not modern. It seemed to be well maintained.

It's TSU burning season so I lit a match and found myself in a regency suite. It was very spacious with two walk-in robes and a separate half-bath. The main bathroom had a large tub and rain shower. The room description says it has a 32-inch TV but the one in the living room was at least 80 inch, if not more, while the bedroom's was probably 50-inch. The built-in TV guide showed the hotel offered guests no less than eight channels titled "Erotic" and a further five "Adult channel". Okay, so be it. What I found interesting, though, was the listing of the titles. The Hyatt Regency Belgrade had available such blockbusters as "French Girls Railed in Cars", "C*ck Crazed Teens", "Rough Up My Rear", "Bonning My Buddy's Daughter", "Polish His Knob" and "Huge T*ts Stepmom Spreads Her Legs". Be warned if you're travelling with your family.

Commensurate with the age of the property (and Serbian culture, it seems), smoking is prevalent. The bar is completely smoking, the tea lounge 50/50 and the restaurant smoke-free (such as it can be, being adjacent to the bar). My room was smoke-free, too, although on a couple of occasions I did get a whiff of tobacco.

There is a keycard reader in the lift but I believe it's simply ornamental. It was never needed to access the floors.

As a Globalist I was invited to have breakfast in the restaurant or avail myself of the smaller spread in the lounge. The spread in the restaurant is extensive with a number of options, all labelled which I appreciate. On my second-last morning, a menu appeared on the table with several à la carte options that could be ordered, seemingly without additional charge, such as eggs Benedict and waffles.

The Regency Club lounge is a nice space with a two-floor-high ceiling and a grand piano (possibly just for decoration). The evening spread was quite limited (which is perfectly fair) but very nice and even a little classy, the sort of canapés you might find a fancy opera or theatre event. There is zero self-serve alcohol. In fact, I've no idea what alcohol is available, other than an average local beer.

Service was nothing to get excited about, but I believe this is just that part of the world, rather than specific to the hotel. With the exception of three excellent lounge staff who were polished and professional, everyone else was largely 'meh'. Even smiles were rare.

The gym is okay. Sauna and steam room are great. Pool is nice.

The location is average. Remove the large mall about a five-minute walk away and there'd be nothing to do in the area. Fortunately, the tram stop a couple of minutes' walk away has multiple lines going across the bridge and into the city. It's also not expensive so the distance from the sites wasn't a huge deal.

I used the hotel's meet-and-greet service for EUR35 on arrival. For a journey of 11 minutes, it was overpriced but to be expected. Back to the airport, I took a local rideshare for about EUR7.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:18 pm

I am currently in Belgrade and loved the stay so far. I am not sure what the happy hour was like pre-covid, but the current happy hour at lounge has a decent variety and are tasty. Breakfast is also good with a manu of some specialties that you can order in addition to the buffet
Old Jun 19, 2023, 3:37 pm

Curious if anyone has stayed at Saint Ten (the SLH/Hyatt property)? Wondering if that location is better - I've never been to Belgrade so have no context.... thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Airport transfer is up from 35 EUR to 50 EUR. I booked a local service instead and will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.