Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:47 pm

not bad - location is at the start of Bourbon Street - the festivities are a block or two down river
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by NYCWahoo
How loud was Bourbon street facing balconies?
Upgraded to a premiere suite(living room + Jr petite suite) on 2nd floor right over IHOP. Great location, however didn't like breakfast option at the restaurant
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by NYCWahoo
How loud was Bourbon street facing balconies?
I was in a nice Balcony Suite for four nights overlooking Bourbon Street. The noice from the street urchins "playing" the with plastic buckets was really really annoying. The garbage collectors at 7 a.m. was the only other bother noise wise- but unlike the brats they left as soon as the work was done. If you are noise sensative ask for a courtyard view.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I have an award reservation next weekend and am currently Globalist. According to the elite benefits website "Enjoy complimentary parking on free night awards (available where parking can be charged to your room)" but I only see where they offer valet parking. Do I get free valet parking?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Review during French Quarter Fest

HYATT CENTRIC FRENCH QUARTER NEW ORLEANS

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

800 Iberville Street New Orleans, LA US 70112

Review during French Quarter Fest (3 Photos)

Great stay during a very busy weekend.  We had a lovely time during FQF

Check In

Arrived at the hotel around 7pm and the valet was super nice. We had driven in from Houston Texas and had been on a bit of a road trip so we had a really full car of gear. They were very helpful and didn't seem bothered by our cart full of belongings. The WOH desk was not staffed but there was only one person ahead of in line. We were quickly helped and they explained all of the benefits of my Globalist status. 

Room

I had called that morning and had asked about a complimentary upgrade for my Globalist status. They said they were fully booked because of French Quarter Fest but I had been upgraded to a balcony courtyard room. The room was lovely. There was a small couch with a small dining table. The ceilings were high and the bed was very comfortable. There was a small balcony that is shared by the room next door. I had read lots of reviews about noise and was a bit apprehensive. The courtyard balcony was just about as perfect as is could be. There was practically no noise. When sitting outside you could hear some quiet sounds of the FQ but you couldn't hear anything from outside once you were in the room with the door closed. The curtains were good at keeping the light out and we slept really well.

I am not sure this would be a great room for a work trip as there was no real work chair or desk. The roundtable and couch were fine and there was a set of plugs available near the couch.

The bedside clock has two USB plugs. Initially, I was annoyed that there were not more plugs. After crawling into bed I saw that there were two plugs built into the side of the table facing the bed. 

Service

Everyone we had contact with was very friendly. I can't comment on housekeeping as we hung the DND out all weekend on the door. I did see the housekeepers out in the hall and got fresh towels when needed.

The staff in Powdered Sugar were pleasant and seemed happy with their job.

The bellman who brought our luggage up seemed happy with his tip and was very eager to show us all the room features. 

Dining

40771961464_04cd588958_z.jpg27613609498_1fded69e5d_z.jpg

We ate 40772085174_9036664d2e_z.jpgdaily breakfast in "Powdered Sugar" since it was free with my status. They have a breakfast buffet on the weekends that is open till noon. Weekday breakfast is served till 11am. The breakfast bowl was huge and we could have easily shared. We did the breakfast buffet Saturday and Sunda morning. The buffet was not huge but had all the main items. The bacon was cooked to perfection. One day while doing the buffet we did ask for a bagel and it was added without charge. The following day we ordered a side of eggs over easy without additional charge.

One thing that wasn't apparent is that there is an internal door to Red Fish Grill. Normally walking outside is always a good idea but it stormed on Saturday. I only found the door/corridor when using the restroom at Red Fish Grill. 

The location can't be beat! It is at the beginning of Bourbon Street.

Overall

I would recommend this hotel and will definitely be back. The location is great. The room was well maintained and especially large for the location.  

Review during French Quarter Fest

Would you like to write a review on the HYATT CENTRIC FRENCH QUARTER NEW ORLEANS?

No, thank you.
Yes
bsdstone likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JetBlue Mosaic
Has anyone visited this property recently? Will be heading down in three weeks and am curious about recent stays.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsdr
Has anyone visited this property recently? Will be heading down in three weeks and am curious about recent stays.
Best option, in my opinion, for Hyatt Globalists.... stay here several times per year.
- Excellent location (doesn't get any better)...
- Interesting building (converted department store)
- Good breakfast (odd setup but tasty high quality food.... recommend ordering off the menu rather than buffet)
- Good food in general.
- Large comfy rooms (a tad dated)
- GREAT pool during pool months (w/bar)
- Decent but not spectacular staff. Franchise property so NOT Managed by Hyatt and they are NOT Hyatt employees. Regular issues with bill so watch it closely (being charged for things that are included for Globalist).

Suggestions:
- DONT use a suite upgrade here... not worth it as suites are really just oversized rooms. You'll probably get one anyway.
- If you want quiet ask for a courtyard view room on floor 2. Huge high ceilings and blissful silence at night (rare in NOLA).
- GREAT value at 15,000 points per night, especially if you use their parking. Rates routinely above $350+ night, plus $50/parking, plus $50/breakfast....
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:24 pm

wonderful stay over NYE
hotel was booked for NY amd Sugar Bowl. no upgrade except hypo room.
standard room in big, high ceiling on top floor, turndown service (ends a bit early at 7pm).
employees ridiculously nice, including manager Stephanie.
excellent gym.
didnt hear any noise from Bourbon through exterior windows.
highly rec.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:04 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Colin
wonderful stay over NYE
hotel was booked for NY amd Sugar Bowl. no upgrade except hypo room.
standard room in big, high ceiling on top floor, turndown service (ends a bit early at 7pm).
employees ridiculously nice, including manager Stephanie.
excellent gym.
didnt hear any noise from Bourbon through exterior windows.
highly rec.
Thanks for an update. glad to see it has changed. My experience was more or less the opposite, unfriendly staff, had to fight for an upgraded room, awful noisy, breakfast meh... etc. my decision was to never return to this hotel.
good to hear it's different now, and should we be in New Orleans again... maybe an option
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Best option, in my opinion, for Hyatt Globalists.... stay here several times per year.
- Excellent location (doesn't get any better)...
- Interesting building (converted department store)
- Good breakfast (odd setup but tasty high quality food.... recommend ordering off the menu rather than buffet)
- Good food in general.
- Large comfy rooms (a tad dated)
- GREAT pool during pool months (w/bar)
- Decent but not spectacular staff. Franchise property so NOT Managed by Hyatt and they are NOT Hyatt employees. Regular issues with bill so watch it closely (being charged for things that are included for Globalist).

Suggestions:
- DONT use a suite upgrade here... not worth it as suites are really just oversized rooms. You'll probably get one anyway.
- If you want quiet ask for a courtyard view room on floor 2. Huge high ceilings and blissful silence at night (rare in NOLA).
- GREAT value at 15,000 points per night, especially if you use their parking. Rates routinely above $350+ night, plus $50/parking, plus $50/breakfast....
Thanks for the input. Initially booked more nights at the Eliza Jane due to cool design with boutique type touches, but many have said rooms were small. So ultimately decided to split time between properties, and will be curious as to which I will prefer. Will definitely report back with a hotel review.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: UA, AS, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the input. Initially booked more nights at the Eliza Jane due to cool design with boutique type touches, but many have said rooms were small. So ultimately decided to split time between properties, and will be curious as to which I will prefer. Will definitely report back with a hotel review.
So what were your thoughts? Debating between the two properties for this weekend but most of these reviews make me feel like Eliza Jane might be better just for a quick weekend.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by itsG
So what were your thoughts? Debating between the two properties for this weekend but most of these reviews make me feel like Eliza Jane might be better just for a quick weekend.
Not in my humble opinion. Centric is better. See review above.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by itsG
Apologies for the late reply. I have been meaning to post review of both properties for a while now but have just been too busy with work.

In my opinion, Eliza Jane is leagues better than Hyatt Centric. Hardware and service was better, and sense of peace and calm at Eliza Jane was second to none. Breakfast was solid as well. I also did get a much nicer room, with lots of space. Was very disappointed once I moved for the last night to the Hyatt Centric. Had a terrible breakfast experience.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:14 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb

Apologies for the late reply. I have been meaning to post review of both properties for a while now but have just been too busy with work.

In my opinion, Eliza Jane is leagues better than Hyatt Centric. Hardware and service was better, and sense of peace and calm at Eliza Jane was second to none. Breakfast was solid as well. I also did get a much nicer room, with lots of space. Was very disappointed once I moved for the last night to the Hyatt Centric. Had a terrible breakfast experience.
I’m a huge fan of Hyatt Centric Nola
They have always been great to me as a guest in all regards
But will agree with others the breakfast is nowhere near up to Hyatt standards
and even runs out of things like bottled water
The food quality ,selection and service is a far cry from The full service Hyatt Regency
The problem is not new and has cost the hotel dearly as I go to other Marriott Starwood properties like the Westin when traveling with others
where they knock breakfast out of the ballpark
Having said that while disappointing still better than some limted service properties
The Redfish Grill n the lobby can be really nice for lunch or dinner and usually has good service

Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:19 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
What are the breakfast options outside around the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.