Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2003, 8:23 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

The new Hyatt at the Incheon Airport opened on September 15. I used a FFN on my final night in Seoul. I was very happy with my choice. The hotel is beautiful, albeit the public areas outshine the rooms. The restaurants and spa are excellent.

TRANSPORT
One thing I quickly learned was that the staff of the hotel is eager to be helpful, but employees are still on their learning curves. I was told to go to the third level of the airport (the departure level) and take the Airport Complex Bus which picks up at doors 3 and 12. Subsequently, I learned that Hyatt has its own bus which picks up and drops off at door 12 of the arrivals level. The Airport Complex Bus is much like a school bus. It dropped me off at the closest intersection to the hotel. The Hyatt bus pulls up right in front.

CHECKIN
I had 6 employees bowing to me, and welcoming me to the hotel. I was the only one at check-in. I had two expiring Hyatt coupons, and asked for an upgrade with one, and an amenity with the other. The desk clerk tried for some time to upgrade me, at one point told me my rate was too low (free!) then realized I was already checked into a Regency Room. He didnt offer my coupon back, and since it expires momentarily, I didnt request it.

ROOM
The bellman took me to the club floor. He didnt show me the club room, and didnt suggest finding me a luggage rack on realizing there was none in the room. However, when asked, he agreeably went off to find one.

The room wasnt particularly remarkable. It had a king bed, a chair with a footstool, a desk, and a dresser with a large TV. The bathroom had the shower as part of the tub, rather than separate as is popular these days. The bathroom had a large window into the room, with the shade on the bedroom side. While the shade couldnt be on the bath side, due to the tub, it seemed voyeuristic to me to have the shade under the control of the person in the bedroom rather than the one in the bathroom.

The room key had to go into the power slot for the electricity to run. This meant that the digital clock was chronically flashing when I returned to the room. I travel with my own alarm clock, so I finally turned the room clock to the wall in annoyance.

The club floor attendant came with grapes and a letter of introduction. She was lovely, but unaware of the safe location in the room more signs of a new property.

CLUB ROOM
The club room was spacious, but designed to handle maximum people for breakfast, rather than comfortable lounging throughout the day. The only sofa was in the smoking room; otherwise the room was furnished with small tables and upright chairs. There was a panoramic view of the airport, even more magnificent when lit up at night.

The evening appetizers were lavish and imaginative. There were spicy and candied nuts, crackers, cheeses, shrimp, prosciutto and melon, bite sized sandwiches, and more. There was a cappuccino machine, as well as a range of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. Breakfast was continental; no cooked choices were offered. Breads and pastries were delicious, again baked onsite.

I asked about my missing platinum amenity. Eventually, an elegant box of 9 luxurious chocolates was brought from their deli. These sold in the deli for roughly $12.

RESTAURANTS
The hotel calls its restaurant 8 because there are 8 separate restaurants, all co-located. I tried the Korean bbq and the noodle restaurants. The complex is gorgeous, very contemporary, with lots of natural colors. Each section of the restaurant is built around the kitchen, so you can watch your chefs make your dishes. Food is beautifully presented and well prepared. The restaurants are a real high point of the hotel. Eat here before heading to your flight the food is infinitely superior to any served on board.

SPA
I booked a salt scrub and massage, an 80 minute treatment for about $50. I highly recommend the spa. You can use the sauna for no charge if you are on the club floor. I was given a key, which unlocked a small locker for my shoes, then a large locker in the next room for my clothes. I then went into a room with a hot bubbling tub and a shallow cold tub. There were several shoulder height showers along the wall, with a small stool to sit on and a bucket to fill with water and toss on your body.

First I showered, as you need to enter the tub clean. After 10 minutes in the hot tub, my masseuse took me in a side room. She stripped to bra and panties, as this salt scrub was a wet process! She thoroughly scrubbed every portion of my anatomy with salt, with frequent hot rinses, and then began the entire process all over again. She then drizzled oil on me, and massaged me. Hot towels were put over my body, and I was massaged more. My skin is delightfully moist and supple still today.

INTERNET
I dont travel with a computer, and used the business center. Prices are high, 5000 won for 10 minutes. (This is roughly $30 for 1 hour.) I was told that high speed access in the room costs $20 for 24 hours.

AREA ATTRACTIONS
An adjacent shopping center is in the initial stages of construction. I saw a sign for a tour of the town of Incheon at the airport that sounded interesting. Id definitely check it out on a future stay.

CONCLUSION
This is a beautiful property, providing a comfortable stay for the night before of after a flight. The employees will only improve with time, as their attitudes are all great. The restaurants and the spa were the highpoint of my stay.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 7:04 pm

A couple of questions regarding the Incheon Hyatt:

1. Do they have day rates?

2. How can one pre-book treatments at the spa?
Old Jan 17, 2005, 2:02 am

Programs: MPO, Asiana Gold, United Premier, PC Platium/Ambassador, Platinum GP..
Incheon Hyatt does not offer "day rate"

Incheon Hyatt does not offer "day rate". And, their spa is nothing close to that of Grand Hyatt Seoul. It does offer "spa" services such as aromatheraphy massage and sports, and other treatment.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:45 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
I have also used this hotel several times in 2004 as a night-before-the-flight-leaves stop, rather than getting up at the crack of dawn and fighting traffic from the Seoul Grand Hyatt.

SD1K's report is very accurate. The place never seems to have much business, but everyone is much cheerier and a little more helpful than the Seoul Grand Hyatt.

Other notes: The gym is not very big, and is in a very slender/narrow room facing the outside and pool, but if it isn't too busy, you can get in a nice workout.

The Amenities are usually nice, although I confess that I cannot remember them right now.

Getting to the airport in the morning is very easy with the Hyatt bus, and starting the day of travel home off by avoiding the Seoul - to - Incheon drive is a big plus.

Hyatt.com rates are pretty good there as well.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I enjoyed my stay there last week. Although two negatives:

- The high speed internet did not work in my room
- The club room was taken over by a group of loud engineers from GE, who clearly felt it was their private club and who were very noisy and talked on mobile phones sufficent to drown out the jumbos talking off.

Bus is efficent, although you could walk.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Any new info on this property? I am inbound at 6 AM and outbound at 4:30 PM. Would you book a room for the night before or the day of? I am D with Hyatt. Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2006, 7:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Any new info on this property? I am inbound at 6 AM and outbound at 4:30 PM. Would you book a room for the night before or the day of? I am D with Hyatt. Thanks
They have a Day Room rate (8AM - 5PM i believe) - I checked for our trip in March - rate was something like $110 but I didn't reserve.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Markie
Bus is efficent, although you could walk.
I looked around, it didn't seem that it wasn't designed for walking to. You have to cross the main access road to the airport to get to the parking lot, and there are no crosswalks or sidewalks between the hotel and the parking lot. Youse takes your chances, I think.

I've stayed here a couple of times, it is an excellent airport hotel, way better than even something considered "great" in the US, such as the new GH DFW. I particularly like their indoor pool with lanes, and their small but quite nice fat-man's triathlon area (10 minute sauna, 10 minute jacuzzi, 10 minute steam room).
Old Jun 9, 2008, 6:03 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Just an FYI... I've been here a few times over the past year and just found out this little tidbit.

Was walking down the hallway and noticed a door tag that read "Gold Passport Morning Beverage"... well I've gotten this with turndown at GH Tokyo, HR Osaka, GH Taiwai, etc. but never at HR Incheon. I walked down to the Club and asked how I am suppose to get one and they replied "oh, we give them out when you check-in"... As I mentioned, I was here as recently as last month and never got one, even as a Diamond!

Make sure you ask if you don't get one!
Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Quick question. I land at 5pm on SQ17 from YVR and connect onto SQ's flight at 9am the next morning. Is it worth styaing here or will I have sufficient time to stay in Seoul city?
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:46 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Quick question. I land at 5pm on SQ17 from YVR and connect onto SQ's flight at 9am the next morning. Is it worth styaing here or will I have sufficient time to stay in Seoul city?
I did this exact routing last year. Chose to stay at Incheon Hyatt. I was checked in and sitting in the Club Lounge by 6pm and had a leisurely breakfast the next morning before taking the 2 minute shuttle back to the airport. It was the right choice for me. Add about 3 hrs of traveling back and forth if you go into Seoul for the night.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
I did this exact routing last year. Chose to stay at Incheon Hyatt. I was checked in and sitting in the Club Lounge by 6pm and had a leisurely breakfast the next morning before taking the 2 minute shuttle back to the airport. It was the right choice for me. Add about 3 hrs of traveling back and forth if you go into Seoul for the night.
I am getting the cert rate of $99, what are the chances of an Uograde for a Gold member?
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:07 am

I am getting the cert rate of $99, what are the chances of an Uograde for a Gold member?
I did the $99 cert resv as well and booked a confirmed Regency Club upgrade thru the hotel directly for 50,000 won ($50).

I'm trying to do the same again this December but the hotel is only accepting certs at the Elite or higher rate my arrival day.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a Choice Level for $135 for Dec 21, no Classic though.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 2:24 pm

I got a Choice Level for $135 for Dec 21, no Classic though.
The hotel was recategorised up one level this year from Classic to Choice. It was last year I used a $99 Classic cert.

I'm staying Dec 27, but there is no point in using a cert when they will only accept an Elite ($249) or Inspire ($319) cert on that day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.