Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the post...

I just got off the phone with the hotel and gold passport and they confirmed the rate is not eligible... WHEW!!! no way am I staying in Jersey and not getting the points and credit for the nights. They have let me cancel and rebook at an eligible rate.

Originally Posted by FredEX17
Curious... has anyone had problems with the pre paid $109 rate NOT being point eligible?
I just got an email from Gold Passport stating so. I've stay at other properties with the TRAVELZOO rate and they were point eligible.
Anyone else???

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Mar 13, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:15 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I think it's ineligible ... NOT because the rate is "too low" ... but because it was booked through a third party (Travelzoo).
Originally Posted by FredEX17
Curious... has anyone had problems with the pre paid $109 rate NOT being point eligible?
I just got an email from Gold Passport stating so. I've stay at other properties with the TRAVELZOO rate and they were point eligible.
Anyone else???
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I think it's ineligible ... NOT because the rate is "too low" ... but because it was booked through a third party (Travelzoo).
That is not correct, bookings made on Hyatt.com were under the rate code TZ Special, or Travelzoo, not a third party. Enquiries I have made (in writing) have said the rate is 100% eligible for points and stay credits (Selected Rate - Tz Special, Rate Rules - Non Refundable/Full Prepayment/No Changes)
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:33 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers,

The current TravelZoo special at Hyatt Regency Jersey City is not an eligible rate. As always, you can earn points on any incidentals you may have during your, but you will not receive tier credit or points on the room rate.

Safe travels,

Abrea H
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
To be more specific - I think a highly place source (our moderator ) has often said that Hyatt will usually have a promotional rate that is the same as - and simultaneous to - the TravelZoo promotional rate - and that it's important to book it through Hyatt for all the benefits. Not specifically w/r/t this instance - and I hope I haven't put words in his mouth.

[ETA: Sorry, I was overwriting Gold Passport Concierge. What she says trumps, of course. ]
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers,

The current TravelZoo special at Hyatt Regency Jersey City is not an eligible rate. As always, you can earn points on any incidentals you may have during your, but you will not receive tier credit or points on the room rate.

Safe travels,

Abrea H
Abrea, please don't tell me this is another example of various Hyatt Gold Passport staff giving incorrect information.

My enquiry to HGP was relating to nights at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City, made on the Hyatt website, being eligible towards annual Qualified Stays/Qualified Nights, for which the response was yes. I am not overly concerned about points, bonus points, etc.

There is nothing on the Hyatt website stating that this rate is ineligible, nor was there a disclaimer or notification stating the same.

I have a 1 week stay there in 2 weeks time, along with a family member who is currently on the Diamond Status Challenge (that is who the enquiry was made about, to ensure everything was going to be fine).
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:38 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by file51
Abrea, please don't tell me this is another example of various Hyatt Gold Passport staff giving incorrect information.

My enquiry to HGP was relating to nights at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City, made on the Hyatt website, being eligible towards annual Qualified Stays/Qualified Nights, for which the response was yes. I am not overly concerned about points, bonus points, etc.

There is nothing on the Hyatt website stating that this rate is ineligible, nor was there a disclaimer or notification stating the same.

I have a 1 week stay there in 2 weeks time, along with a family member who is currently on the Diamond Status Challenge (that is who the enquiry was made about, to ensure everything was going to be fine).
Hi file51,

I'm sorry to hear you were incorrectly advised about this. If you would like to PM us your reservation details (and your family member's), I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist you with this.

Safe travels,

Abrea H
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi file51,

I'm sorry to hear you were incorrectly advised about this. If you would like to PM us your reservation details (and your family member's), I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist you with this.

Safe travels,

Abrea H
Thank you Abrea, details have been sent.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I booked it though the Hyatt.com website... I never book my travels though a third party. I had no idea it was a TZ rate... until I looked again at my confirmation.... so I called.

Thank you Hyatt Gold Passport and my contact in Jersey City....^^^
Hyatt Customer Service in Omaha is so friendly! I hope Hyatt rewards them well for such great customer service!

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Old Mar 16, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
so there are instances where you can book this property on hyatt.com and it is not an eligible stay? how can this be?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Renard
so there are instances where you can book this property on hyatt.com and it is not an eligible stay? how can this be?
It's not specifically this property but Travelzoo (and its code) which doesn't make a lot of sense because the booking engine is Hyatt.com itself. As noted above, the workaround most of the time is the property usually has a special which is the same as the Travelzoo rate but doesn't have that code - then it becomes eligible. YMMV.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
As a quick review, I stayed two weeknights last week, one night with my Chase certificate and one night with Points + Cash. Both nights had P+C availability when I called, less than one week before arrival. Tax is 14% here, by the way.

My reservation said 2 Double because that was the only base room available beforehand. When I arrived I asked if any King rooms were available. There was at least one: an x09. I guess I made a good impression at the front desk. Until I got out of the elevator, I didn't know that low numbered rooms were closer to the river. I was very happy to spend time on the couch with a view of most of lower Manhattan.

Things were very quiet, unlike my Andaz 5th Avenue visit in July - and after several Holiday Inn stays, including two where mattresses had lumps, returning to the better quality Hyatt Bed was nice. Since there's no longer automatic toothpaste in the room, I tried calling the front desk for toothpaste and slippers. They were brought up in less than ten minutes.

The location is not central, but with PATH access right across the street, as others mentioned Midtown is 30-35 minutes and the WTC and Wall Street areas are closer. This is not the best Cat 4 in the world, since Park Hyatt Seoul exists, but overall I had a very good stay.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Just be careful on the weekend PATH access to WTC. That line is closed until later in the year on weekends, and the Exchange Place station, next to the Hyatt, is also closed weekends. I saw this property had $139 weekend rates in early April and have to wonder if that's impacting them and bringing the rates down. It's only a 10-15 minute walk to two other stations that are nearby, but that may not be for everyone.

http://www.panynj.gov/alerts-advisor....html?tabnum=5

Tom at SFO
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:55 am

Talking

Originally Posted by tom911
Just be careful on the weekend PATH access to WTC. That line is closed until later in the year on weekends, and the Exchange Place station, next to the Hyatt, is also closed weekends. I saw this property had $139 weekend rates in early April and have to wonder if that's impacting them and bringing the rates down. It's only a 10-15 minute walk to two other stations that are nearby, but that may not be for everyone.

http://www.panynj.gov/alerts-advisor....html?tabnum=5

Tom at SFO
This information is especially important for me. I am planning a short visit to NYC with my husbnd and 2 yo and am looking at this NJ property. Do you know when the weekend service to WTC resumes? We are looking at being there on June 13th.

Last edited by nikad; Mar 22, 2014 at 11:00 am
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA, Hyatt
The Exchange Place PATH Station will be closed on weekends through the end of 2014.

http://www.panynj.gov/path/path-forward.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.