Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:46 pm

Should be an awesome view. Maybe make a reservation at there restaurant or call hotel. They have a great patio area right on the river.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Have a room booked here for July 4th - anyone know if it would be a good place to watch the fireworks?
Not sure if the fireworks for New Years and 4th July are the same, but when I stayed there for New Years you could see the fireworks.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:34 pm

Help:a cheap ride from Newark airport to Hyatt in Jersey City

Hi!

I already book Hyatt on the Hudson for next week. Our flight will come in Newark almost midnight and we hesitate to take the subway from airport to Hyatt hotel so late at night...is it safe? Can we do this without getting mugged?

I cant find a reasonable transportation to the hotel. I couldn't use the shuttle because its only two of us and cab is expensive. Please advise which or any other option that is cheap and safe. Thank you.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:08 pm

meh, it's jersey commuterland... no-one's likely to rob you. maybe if the train's crowded, someone's hair gel will go all over you. but mug you? nah. i've taken those late-night trains often enough when i worked at princeton. lively? for sure. dangerous? no.

www.njtransit.com is your friend. simplest way: train from ewr to penn station new jersey [not penn station ny... 1 stop from ewr airport station], path train to exchange place (http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps.html). the hyatt's literally right outside the station. midnight's pretty late and the trains are pretty infrequent though - i'd consider a taxi, it's likely to be not much more (maybe $20-ish more than 2x train+path tickets? others will know better).
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:24 am

The taxi rate should be less than $50. You can also take the 62 bus from the airport and transfer to the path, which cost less than $4 pp.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
Take a car service.

Call 201.433.4440

Should be about $25-30 plus tip.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:02 pm

Hi all,
I have not seen this mention.
Any recommendation regarding getting to Hyatt Jersey City from LaGuardia airport?
I will have luggages, and will arrive on Thursday.
TIA
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Setven567
Hi all,
I have not seen this mention.
Any recommendation regarding getting to Hyatt Jersey City from LaGuardia airport?
I will have luggages, and will arrive on Thursday.
TIA
No other choice but taxis. It it quite expensive but it is worthed
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm going to NJ for a football game in the Meadowlands (or whatever it is now called) in Sept. I'm looking at booking an award room here for three nights. I will NOT be Diamond any more (I think I'll still be plat) so I won't expect much more than than typical non-elite service or any type of u/g which is fine.

However I did look and the site says its $32 to park per night. Does anyone know if there are any local lots that might knock this price down a bit?

My other option is I have a Marriott Res in Times Square but I don't even want to think of what Parking Costs there plus the $12 a pop inbound tunnel tolls.

I stayed here about five years ago as a Diamond and loved it hence why I want to go back.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:22 pm

Looked up his thread to ask the same question about parking... tried to follow up on previous info but many of the lots appear to have changed hands...
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Looking forward to this reply. I will be at this property this weekend on the travelzoo rate with a suite upgrade cert. Horrible to imagine this stupid cost.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:18 pm

A little Googling reveals for me:

A few Standard Parking garages nearby:

http://nyc.centralparking.com/NJ-Jer...y-Parking.html

(Note the hours, not all appear to be open on weekends)

A lot at 10 Exchange Place that I have not been able to get pricing for:

http://oneparking.com/new-yorknew-jersey

... and the website of a restaurant in Jersey City that claims two nearby open-air lots have free parking on the weekends but doesn't explain further...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...6&source=embed

Google Maps seems to show plenty of parking near the hotel, and I get the feeling the area is not busy on the weekends, so pricing should be favorable, but we could really use some local knowledge...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I stayed in Jersey City this last week and had no trouble finding several spots available around 8pm on a weeknight, about 3-4 blocks from the Hyatt. In particular, there were many more spots on Montgomery than Columbus.

On my walk to the hotel I saw a Jersey City Parking Enforcement van, so I asked the officer about parking on the street. He said the metered spots were fine (free 7PM-9AM) but many non-metered spots were for permit parking only. He also noted the street cleaning rules which are noted by signs on each block (I think Montgomery was no parking 8-10am on Mon and Thurs).

In summary: park at a metered spot and move by 8am and you're fine.

Hyatt valet parking uses the outdoor lot on Columbus between Greene and Hudson. This is just a paved outdoor lot that is fenced in- no protection from the elements. There is an indoor pay garage next door (Columbus between Greene and Washington) but I did not note the rate.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
As for the hotel stay...

As a diamond, I was given a room on the very end of the hotel, facing out to the end of the pier and lower Manhattan. AMAZING view with wall-to-wall floor to ceiling windows. I did not request a suite upgrade, this was just a standard reservation. The room was well furnished, dark woods with a modern look and a long desk/dresser that had a small fridge. Large TV with no HD signal. Complimentary wired internet for diamonds with wifi an extra $10 a night. I was given a voucher for full breakfast at the restaurant that included tax and gratuity.

Overall a great stay and I would gladly return if I had business in lower Manhattan. The PATH station is literally next door and for $2 provides a 4 minute ride to the WTC station. I wouldn't use this as a base for NYC sightseeing for a family, however. You would need to pay at least $20 to park during the daytime hours and it would be $8.50 per person for a round trip ticket on PATH and the subway.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. D
Complimentary wired internet for diamonds with wifi an extra $10 a night.
Thanks for pointing that out. When the free wi-fi for elites has become nearly standard, it is rather short-sighted of this property to nickel and dime diamond members. It demonstrates the complete lack of understanding of what guests expect and what other properties provide. That may well be a factor to some on deciding whether to patronize this property or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.