Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 4aks

While the suite was big, I didn't care for the furniture much - especially the sofa, which was too small for a typical American male to sit comfortably
Not sure about your assessment of the 'typical' American male but the couch is more than ample and I'm not a skinny guy. So unless you're Moby Dick I'm really confused as to what exactly the problem was (and I think it can be taken as a common understanding that a hotel isn't supposed to pick their furniture based on the requirement of hyper obese people - not saying that you are but you brought up the 'typical American' part and it's well known that American's are often pretty huge to say the least).
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alexyczhu
In terms of the tattoo thing. In Japanese culture tattoo, especially large ones, is reserved for gangsters, and gangsters will have their own facilities to use. That's why the property specifically point out that guests with obvious tattoo is not accepted in the sauna area.
Club at the Park always had a separate standing at PHT and for non-diamond guests it's not even included to access the Onsen/Sauna/Steam Room. It's rather a private club with a pretty hefty annual membership fee.

It's like complaining that you can't use the onsen with swim shorts but you have to go in naked. Take it or leave it.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Glad you had a great time @mnredfox I had a stay in Dec and had a lovely stay as well. We also walked to/from Shinjuku station with rolling luggage and also took about 10 minutes. I recommend the walking and you can see more. The walk is not bad at all and is my preferred way to get to/from the hotel. Sometimes the shuttle isn't as convenient. We split our stay and checked out the HR too. I actually really enjoyed my stay at the HR and I would stay there or the PH again. The location was perfect, near the train station. The price for the HR is good. I haven't stayed at the GH so can't compare that. I've also stayed at the Andaz and actually prefer the Shinjuku area so I like the PH or the HR over the Andaz. Not a fan of the area Andaz is in. Not as much food options and things to do. Still a nice property though.

I agree with the evening reception that the food was lacking a bit. It was still nice to have, but the selection was okay.
I love all the restaurants around Shinjuku, the area is great.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Wow. Pretty sure that that's a minority opinion.
Ha, purely an opinion. There is nothing wrong with the PH spa/pool. It just had a very modern feel and I liked the GH feel better. Truly opinion. I was blown away by both.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, hyatt globalist, alaska mvp75K
PH Suite upgrade vs extra night

Hi all. Globalist here. Already have a 5 night booking for 2 of us with a king suite award confirmed. Want to add a night but king suite is not available so they won’t let us. Means a night at Hyatt regency across the way before moving over or losing the suite upgrade. Honestly the suite room images don’t seem that amazing compared to the rooms and my highest priority is a bathroom with a window. Seems like a deluxe corner and twin suite are only two with this feature. Am i wrong? Opinions overall?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by MatthewBL
Hi all. Globalist here. Already have a 5 night booking for 2 of us with a king suite award confirmed. Want to add a night but king suite is not available so they won’t let us. Means a night at Hyatt regency across the way before moving over or losing the suite upgrade. Honestly the suite room images don’t seem that amazing compared to the rooms and my highest priority is a bathroom with a window. Seems like a deluxe corner and twin suite are only two with this feature. Am i wrong? Opinions overall?
Neve been in the deluxe corner, but have been in a twin suite with window in the bathroom. There is a lattice on the window that lets in some light, but no view. I've been told that not all of the twin suites have these windows, so you have to request one, and they will most likely be able to meet your request.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Hi all. Globalist here. Already have a 5 night booking for 2 of us with a king suite award confirmed. Want to add a night but king suite is not available so they won’t let us.
I'd keep an HRT reservation as a backup, but suite rooms often open up at the last minute, so you may be able to get your PHT suite for the extra day after all.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, hyatt globalist, alaska mvp75K
HR Kyoto more nights vs Park Hyatt Tokyo

hi. One more question if i have an option of pulling a night off the park Hyatt tokyo (for 6 total) and adding a 3rd night to HR Kyoto, worth doing or regret?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

hi. One more question if i have an option of pulling a night off the park Hyatt tokyo (for 6 total) and adding a 3rd night to HR Kyoto, worth doing or regret?
I love Kyoto (the city) and would not hesitate to add a third night on there. You already have 5 nights at PH Tokyo. That's a lot to me.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Aventine
I love Kyoto (the city) and would not hesitate to add a third night on there. You already have 5 nights at PH Tokyo. That's a lot to me.
+1
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:15 pm

the tiny room in Kyoto immediately after the PH Tokyo suite sucked - Tokyo is sufficiently awesome for weeks, more time than I’ll spend in Japan in my life, that I’d stay put at the PH Tokyo, esp if on a 7 day TSU.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:07 pm

It’s really down to you, have you been to Kyoto before? To me, Kyoto is a been there done that kind of destination. Yes, it is drop dead gorgeous and the historical sites/ temples are a joy to visit (though there are increasingly more tour groups cramping into temples that are supposed to be zen), but I don’t get the same level of excitement and exploration as I do in Tokyo.

I’ve been to Tokyo many many times, but I discover new things I like and find interesting every single time I visit. Tokyo is such a dynamic city that I don’t mind spending weeks in - staying in PHT helps even more.

If you’re strictly comparing PHT and HRK, then PHT hands down. Kyoto or Tokyo, depends if you’ve been to Kyoto before.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
the tiny room in Kyoto immediately after the PH Tokyo suite sucked - Tokyo is sufficiently awesome for weeks, more time than I’ll spend in Japan in my life, that I’d stay put at the PH Tokyo, esp if on a 7 day TSU.
It's fine when you go suite to suite! But, yes HR Kyoto leaves a lot to be desired vs. the iconic PH Tokyo.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
It's fine when you go suite to suite! But, yes HR Kyoto leaves a lot to be desired vs. the iconic PH Tokyo.
Wait another year and you'll have the Park Hyatt Kyoto to choose from.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There aren't many park suite king rooms (if that's what they are calling them now). Most park suites are two queens. Two people can sleep in one of those queens although admittedly they are not as spacious as the king. Some suites have windows in the bathroom and some don't, I do think I've stayed in at least one king suite that has such a window.

Bathroom lighting in the suite is quite bright and to me, it doesn't seem claustrophobic at all. Of course, you may feel differently.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
There aren't many park suite king rooms (if that's what they are calling them now). Most park suites are two queens. Two people can sleep in one of those queens although admittedly they are not as spacious as the king. Some suites have windows in the bathroom and some don't, I do think I've stayed in at least one king suite that has such a window.

Bathroom lighting in the suite is quite bright and to me, it doesn't seem claustrophobic at all. Of course, you may feel differently.
Interesting. I've only ever had the king bed suite. The 18 series, perhaps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.