Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Markie
The shuttle has changed again with Hyatt once again operating it's own shuttle rather than using a shared one. Every 20 minutes and pick up is Level 5 of the Terminal 2, above the TGV station. Island 2.
Thank you, Markie. Good news, indeed. Did you happen to hear from when until when?

And would anyone have current information as to whether Hyatt again runs its own motorcoach to/from Metro Pyramides?

A couple of possible reminders regarding other latter comments above: Whenever I'm going to arrive very late, or gawdawful early, I put the hotel's phone number into my phone, and don't rely on a schedule. When they've had their own shuttle, they've come right around. And the sparse lounge food offering at weekend mornings at least used to be because of elites' privilege to partake in the good buffet downstairs. I'm not confident that these two points are current.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I think the first shuttle is 0530 and the last 2330.
Only stops at TGV / T2 from where you can get the little train to T1/T3.
No sign of anything going in to the City I am afraid.

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, Markie. Good news, indeed. Did you happen to hear from when until when?

And would anyone have current information as to whether Hyatt again runs its own motorcoach to/from Metro Pyramides?

A couple of possible reminders regarding other latter comments above: Whenever I'm going to arrive very late, or gawdawful early, I put the hotel's phone number into my phone, and don't rely on a schedule. When they've had their own shuttle, they've come right around. And the sparse lounge food offering at weekend mornings at least used to be because of elites' privilege to partake in the good buffet downstairs. I'm not confident that these two points are current.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I asked about a shuttle to the city when I stayed in September, and they had nothing then.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I see this hotel disappointingly classifies the Club Deluxe as a the standard suite. Has anyone received the entry level suite as a top tier upgrade?
Old May 29, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
How have people solved the early morning (pre-shuttle) trips to CDG from here? My parents have a 6:10 AM flight out of Terminal 1 - think they are going to try and get an Uber, are Ubers likely to be in the area around 3:45 AM? Any other options?
Old May 29, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by steveholt
How have people solved the early morning (pre-shuttle) trips to CDG from here? My parents have a 6:10 AM flight out of Terminal 1 - think they are going to try and get an Uber, are Ubers likely to be in the area around 3:45 AM? Any other options?
You could have them, or reserve for them, an Uber in advance. I've never done this but its a feature available in the Uber app to reserve transport ahead of time. Alternatively, you can arrange transportation with the hotel by calling +33 1 4817 1234 but that will likely be expensive compared to Uber but bring peace of mind
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
A two night weekend stay here is enough to convince me not to return.

The property is worn. While the atrium is a nice, inviting space, the decor is mismatched. The lime grim chairs just don't work. The whirlpool and sauna are both out of service. The "suite" upgrade for top tier members is not a suite at all but a large room. On more than one occasion I had to wait about three minutes for hot water to start flowing in the shower. Breakfast was fairly good but there is nothing cooked to order and on one morning staff started clearing the buffet in earnest 10 minutes before the end. The dining area was generally untidy and the pancakes were stone cold (almost like they'd come straight out of the refrigerator). The Regency Club is a reasonable space but there is no hot food. The upside was service was available well beyond the published finish time.

I have no time for properties that play games with the single-most talked about benefit of the Gold Passport replacement and that's the key reason for the poor taste I'm leaving with. But in all the hotel doesn't stack up.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by danger
I have no time for properties that play games with the single-most talked about benefit of the Gold Passport replacement
That's a pretty long list.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by danger
A two night weekend stay here is enough to convince me not to return.

The property is worn. While the atrium is a nice, inviting space, the decor is mismatched. The lime grim chairs just don't work. The whirlpool and sauna are both out of service. The "suite" upgrade for top tier members is not a suite at all but a large room. On more than one occasion I had to wait about three minutes for hot water to start flowing in the shower. Breakfast was fairly good but there is nothing cooked to order and on one morning staff started clearing the buffet in earnest 10 minutes before the end. The dining area was generally untidy and the pancakes were stone cold (almost like they'd come straight out of the refrigerator). The Regency Club is a reasonable space but there is no hot food. The upside was service was available well beyond the published finish time.

I have no time for properties that play games with the single-most talked about benefit of the Gold Passport replacement and that's the key reason for the poor taste I'm leaving with. But in all the hotel doesn't stack up.
I'm surprised that for someone with your handle you didn't add the most potentially troublesome aspect of this hotel -- those half-enclosed showers are super slippery and f--in dangerous.

That said, I kind of like the place. It's close to the airport. This helps for morning flights back to the states. As you say, the Regency Club has its merits. And, oh yeah, it's cheap. Especially for the Paris area. I mean, if you want to stay in a Hyatt. Even a so-so one.

In the winter, when the CDG-PHL flights leave mid-morning, I find it sort of a waste to be paying full-freight in-town, especially at the PHV. Great hotel, but when you have to get out so early in the morning, it's not like one is getting full value for an expensive hotel night. Whereas if you late check-out at PHV or elsewhere, just have them hold your bags, enjoy Paris, then head out in the evening to HR CDG and a 129 (or whatever) euro room, have a fairly hassle-free early morning, it's not a bad combo.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The last couple of months some of the tripadvisor reviews, as well as another on line, talk about dirty bathrooms, toilet that smells like a sewer, etc. While there are still nice reviews mixed in, it seemed like a warning sign. Any other summer stays?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
..........talk about dirty bathrooms, toilet that smells like a sewer, etc.......
I was just there twice in July and no issues whatsoever. IMHO, it is solid property for the price point. You cannot expect luxury in Paris when you pay in the €100 range.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Spent 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency CDG and was upgraded to a very nice and spacious suite. Met the GM Stephane Rigaud at arrival and he was very nice. The food in the lounge was quite fine and I was also able to eat breakfast at the restaurant downstairs.

All in all, a nice stay, and I will be back for sure.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
For a single night prior to the flight, hard to beat the convenience of the Shearton located right in T2. No need for a shuttle, and if you have a 7:20 AM flight like I did, not having to factor in a buffer for shuttle issues saves a half hour plus.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
You make a good point and although I still use HR CDG for morning flights, I have been considering the Sheraton...

In "defense" of HR CDG, I will say that since they went to their own dedicated shuttle, every 20 minutes, the amount of uncertainty (formerly associated with that silver bus route) has gone down considerably.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:57 pm

I will be arriving CDG around 2230 , flying out 0730 the following day. I would love to have a quick confirmation about the shuttle (where and how often?) as well as any other information y'all might have to speed me through the quick turnaround. I havent been to CDG in decades. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.