Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The last I was there, in Sept/Oct, yes it was waived.

However, since you called, I would rely on what they told you.

Note- they never waived it for paid stays - they discounted it. It was only waived for award stays.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by golfdegenerate
does HR Waikiki still waive the resort fee for Diamond members? I just called in-house reservations and they said that they no longer waive the resort fee for Diamond members.
It was waived for me on a paid reservation this past Saturday night.

There was a recent report they will no longer waive beginning in 2016. When is your reservation?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You know.... you're absolutely correct. I confused Maui with Waikiki.

I was on P&C and did not pay the resort fee in Waikiki.

My apologies for the incorrect info.

To double check, I looked at both folios from my last stay. The resort fee was discounted in Maui to $20, and I was not charged one in Waikiki.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
It was waived for me on a paid reservation this past Saturday night.

There was a recent report they will no longer waive beginning in 2016. When is your reservation?
My reservation is in February 2016 so that report may be right, however I don't think I told them when my reservation was going to be.

Last edited by golfdegenerate; Dec 8, 2015 at 12:42 pm Reason: added more to post
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
7th floor is way too low and I'm not surprised you had an issue with traffic noise.

They had to redo a chunk of the lobby side of the diamond head tower because of a flood and pipe break from last summer. I'm surprised they're not done yet, but the damage was pretty extensive. They had removed most of the ceilings when I was there in Sept.
The ceilings were still gone when I was there. They said something about the storms that rolled through near the islands recently.

I also checked out today and the Resort Fee was waived for me as a Diamond.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I was there the weekend before last and the resort fee was waived for Diamonds.
(The lobby ceilings are still missing, but it's not very noticeable)
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Resort Fee not waived after 1/1/16

Contacted director of rooms and confirmed that any guests arriving after 1/1/16 are going to be charged the despised resort fee, regardless of status...
Stayed there 10+ times this year, but now I have to re-strategize what to do for 2016.
Hyatt Place anyone???
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by qmiles321
Contacted director of rooms and confirmed that any guests arriving after 1/1/16 are going to be charged the despised resort fee, regardless of status...
Stayed there 10+ times this year, but now I have to re-strategize what to do for 2016.
Hyatt Place anyone???
I hear you but Hyatt Place is only a step above Motel 6. It's a extremely poor reflag similar to the Courtyard in Honolulu. Look if one is staying there on points that's the way it goes but if one is paying to stay there that's another story.

Listen this is a Blackstone Property they are notorious for sucking the blood out of their hotels. Best thing to do is stay there and then complain to Hyatt and maybe just maybe Hyatt will push back on Blackstone.

I will give you an example of a Blackstone hotel two weeks ago we had a regional Holiday Party at Seatac Hilton. One of the company Presidents plane was early, he went to check and then on to meetings the front desk tried to charge him $25.00 EARLY CHECKIN fee! He looked at the desk agent and said excuse me let me call the Marriott next door I bet they don't have this charge, the agent we will waive the fee. It's all crap you juts have to make a fuss.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:53 pm

It's ludicrous to even call this property a "resort" as it offers no resort amenities or ambience.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JetAway
It's ludicrous to even call this property a "resort" as it offers no resort amenities or ambience.
I agree, but in all fairness ALL of the majors along the beach have declined over the years with hedge fund acquisition. Look at the weston across the street, a shell of what it use to be, same for the Marriott. The Sheraton has been the only major to actually renovate and attempt to keep fresh. So the "H" is the only true resort left IMO

Sad so now if one wants the "resort" feeling they have to go to the other islands.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by qmiles321
Hyatt Place anyone???
Yes I have had this confirmed now, 1 Jan 16. Now stuck with a dilemma over my 2016 stays - probably need to find somewhere else!
Such a shame, but I have one more stay this year before this happens.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
Yes I have had this confirmed now, 1 Jan 16. Now stuck with a dilemma over my 2016 stays - probably need to find somewhere else!
Such a shame, but I have one more stay this year before this happens.
Is it the principle of the thing, or is $30 a night really such a showstopper?
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
On a $169 rate, which you can get sometimes, this is a big increase for Diamonds.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
On a $169 rate, which you can get sometimes, this is a big increase for Diamonds.
That didn't really answer my question...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Believe it or not, some people don't like spending $30 for basically nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.