Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Unbound Collection Santa Barbara (MarMonte) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unbound Collection Santa Barbara (MarMonte) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Diamond
Post Renovation Photos

https://online.fliphtml5.com/gvrac/kziz/#p=1

The rooms look dramatically different.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:01 pm

The rooms definitely look different! I think the renovation is complete by now since it's no longer mentioned on their site. Look forward to visiting soon and checking it out! Anyone stay post-Reno yet?
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:28 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
The hotel's conversion to the Mar Monte is complete and the hotel has been rebranded. New website, complete with new photography, is now up at this link. It looks great - they did a wonderful job renovating the hotel.

Mods, it would be great if you could rename this thread, please.

khabah
Old Aug 15, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Can you use suite upgrade certificates now that they created a bunch of suites?
Old Aug 15, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stvr
Can you use suite upgrade certificates now that they created a bunch of suites?
Yes.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:22 am

Am checkin in here tomorrow night so will report back on how things are post re-brand and renovation.

As a Globalist checking in on a Friday night I'm not expecting any huge upgrade (suites aren't even showing avail) but will try to get an ocean view balcony room (booked on points by the way). There's mixed reviews down thread on whether the ocean view is better than 'Mountain View'... any current thoughts on best location and room type to request if avail?

Any questions anyone has let me know and I'll do some live reporting from the property

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by madderlake
Am checkin in here tomorrow night so will report back on how things are post re-brand and renovation.

As a Globalist checking in on a Friday night I'm not expecting any huge upgrade (suites aren't even showing avail) but will try to get an ocean view balcony room (booked on points by the way). There's mixed reviews down thread on whether the ocean view is better than 'Mountain View'... any current thoughts on best location and room type to request if avail?

Any questions anyone has let me know and I'll do some live reporting from the property

Thanks!
Ocean View is better (at least pre-remodel). I stayed here a couple times prior to the remodel.

Also lived in Santa Barbara for years best food nearby is Brophy Bro’s on the Harbor, just checked and they are still open. Outdoor dining with views of the Marina. It’s about a 10-15 minute walk, not too far and great scenery on the way.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:38 pm

Thank you @Matt4200! Still looking at Park City by the way - maybe after Labor Day

Just heard from my concierge that we were confirmed to two King Ocean View Balcony rooms (adjoining)... so let's see how it works out!

Thanks for that restaurant rec - I had heard of it before and then the fish and chips on the menu sold me Will maybe head there tomorrow night...
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:46 pm

Thank you @Matt4200! Still looking at Park City by the way - maybe after Labor Day

Just heard from my concierge that we were confirmed to two King Ocean View Balcony rooms (adjoining)... so let's see how it works out!

Thanks for that restaurant rec - I had heard of it before and then the fish and chips on the menu sold me Will maybe head there tomorrow night...
Heading to Park City in a couple weeks

That’s a good upgrade I hope your stay is enjoyable. It’s an amazing location and I’d love to see what they’ve done post remodel.

Yeah, Brophy’s is the best if you’re into Fish & Chips!

Another great spot but only doing Takeout is Santa Barbara Chicken Ranch. Really great Chicken and Tri-Tip.

Anyways enjoy your stay and would love your input on MarMonte
Old Aug 29, 2020, 11:15 am

On property now - checked in yesterday around 4 and received adjoining rooms as requested - one Oceanview King and one Oceanview with Queen beds, in the Santa Maria building...which actually is nice because parking (free) in the lot right outside the building and the fitness center at end of the hall (currently closed though).

Rooms are nice! Freshly renovated with even a slight scent of the paint still. We're on the ground floor and the noise hasn't been bad at all. However there is noise coming from somewhere that lasted all night (can't figure out if it's the plumbing upstairs? The AC unit? or people showering all through the night because it hears like water in the walls if that makes sense..) So didn't have the soundest of sleeps unfortunately.

Tried to get into Brophy Bros for dinner last night and there was an hour and twenty min wait so we went to State St. instead and ate outside in the pedestrian zone. Will try Brophy again today!

Lido Cafe is open for takeout breakfast which I'm going to order now and bring back to our room to eat on balcony (free for Globalists, they didn't mention a limit). Otherwise, have a mini fridge in the room for drinks/snacks and requested an electric kettle which they brought down and made coffee in the room this a.m (breakfast doesn't start till 8).

Will report back later with more... in the mean time, let me know any questions y'all have!
robotom likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:26 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
On property now - checked in yesterday around 4 and received adjoining rooms as requested - one Oceanview King and one Oceanview with Queen beds, in the Santa Maria building...which actually is nice because parking (free) in the lot right outside the building and the fitness center at end of the hall (currently closed though).

Rooms are nice! Freshly renovated with even a slight scent of the paint still. We're on the ground floor and the noise hasn't been bad at all. However there is noise coming from somewhere that lasted all night (can't figure out if it's the plumbing upstairs? The AC unit? or people showering all through the night because it hears like water in the walls if that makes sense..) So didn't have the soundest of sleeps unfortunately.

Tried to get into Brophy Bros for dinner last night and there was an hour and twenty min wait so we went to State St. instead and ate outside in the pedestrian zone. Will try Brophy again today!

Lido Cafe is open for takeout breakfast which I'm going to order now and bring back to our room to eat on balcony (free for Globalists, they didn't mention a limit). Otherwise, have a mini fridge in the room for drinks/snacks and requested an electric kettle which they brought down and made coffee in the room this a.m (breakfast doesn't start till 8).

Will report back later with more... in the mean time, let me know any questions y'all have!
Any updated from your trip and other recs for what you did in Santa Barbara? Heading there for the first time next month! Hoping that outdoor dining will open again by then...
Old Jan 20, 2021, 1:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Cometstar
Any updated from your trip and other recs for what you did in Santa Barbara? Heading there for the first time next month! Hoping that outdoor dining will open again by then...
I wouldn’t count on stay at home to end by then. 😔
Old Jan 20, 2021, 6:17 am

yeah, it’s at the end of the month so staying hopeful but cautious
Old Jan 20, 2021, 6:19 am

yeah, it’s at the end of the month so staying hopeful but cautious
Old Jan 20, 2021, 8:55 am

Hi there - when we were there in the summer we spent a lot of time outdoors...walking/running the beach path, Paddle Boarding, etc. It's a fantastic location to do all that but I'm guessing the weather is much cooler right now. We also walked along State St. at night which they blocked traffic and was pedestrian only (not sure if that's still the case) and ate dinner at a few restaurants there as the whole strip was set up for outdoor dining. What a bummer that's not the case right now but hopefully it will change soon. We were only there a couple of days on the way to Carmel so that pretty much summed up our stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.