Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

AA miles bonus (3k/stay - up to 5 w/10k bonus = 25k total) - 5/3-7/5/10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles bonus (3k/stay - up to 5 w/10k bonus = 25k total) - 5/3-7/5/10

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
after I top off my account; would I be able to give my son's account number and have that post to his account or must the names match?
you have to call and register the AA account so I doubt that you could switch accounts after the original 5 but if you actually asked the hotel and you put the new number in MAYBE it could post to the new account.
but if you had to call and get them posted they would see that it was a different no to the one registered I would imagine.

other choice is open new account for son adn do the five stayes legitimately.
Old May 2, 2010, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
For the record I have not had problems over the years Hyatt posting miles to various programs based with whom they have good promos going on. All my Hyatt stays (mainly Hyatt Place) that I have decided to credit to UA have posted in about a month.

For sure I will credit five stays to AA.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:09 am

I just called and enrolled in the promotion. Also confirmed from the c/s that this stacks with the Big Welcome Back promotion.
Old May 3, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
30K AA is definitely worth more to me in five one night stays than anything i can earn in GP points especially when you consider the GP inflation that hit us
Personally I average 3K GP on my Hyatt stays. IMHO 3K GP is more than 3K AA but YMMV as always.

Of course you can get the Diamond amenity as well even when you choose the AA miles. So if you have less than five Hyatt Place stays during this promotional period it probably makes sense to credit some mainline Hyatt's as well especially if they are not offering any G-bonuses.

I will credit my next five Hyatt Place stays to AA. I have been crediting them to UA due to the United Elite promo of 2500 UA miles per stay until sometime next year.
Old May 3, 2010, 2:27 pm

Understand that G* bonuses do not get credited with miles, also that Diamond Amenity points do.

Anyone know about closed Regency club 2.5k bonuses, rate bonuses (Andaz5), or bed preference problem?
Old May 3, 2010, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bob1952
Anyone know about closed Regency club 2.5k bonuses, rate bonuses (Andaz5), or bed preference problem?
Nope.

BTW You really shouldn't even think of getting a bed preference bonus. Off my hundreds of Hyatt stays I have been able to collect it ONCE.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:04 pm

Uncross eyes, slap face, steady hands, pose question...

Kindly forgive my ignorance...okay, that's a lie, I can read...my incredulousness, but am I understanding this correctly in the following scenario?

I am currently a Diamond member signed up for FFN on BWB who has about a dozen upcoming [paid] reservations within the next 2.5 months. Of my next five reservations, only two have G bonuses totaling 2500 points.

If I sign up for this promo and indicate a preference of miles at these next five check-ins, I will: forfeit the 2500 G bonus points, but I will earn 2500 AA miles (5 stays x 500), an additional 25,000 AA bonus miles and I will STILL be able earn BWB FFN, base points and diamond amenities during these five stays. Could a Mod or Lurker please confirm this before I succumb to the giddy lack of oxygen?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 3, 2010, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by ttrltb
Kindly forgive my ignorance...okay, that's a lie, I can read...my incredulousness, but am I understanding this correctly in the following scenario?

I am currently a Diamond member signed up for FFN on BWB who has about a dozen upcoming [paid] reservations within the next 2.5 months. Of my next five reservations, only two have G bonuses totaling 2500 points.

If I sign up for this promo and indicate a preference of miles at these next five check-ins, I will: forfeit the 2500 G bonus points, but I will earn 2500 AA miles (5 stays x 500), an additional 25,000 AA bonus miles and I will STILL be able earn BWB FFN, base points and diamond amenities during these five stays. Could a Mod or Lurker please confirm this before I succumb to the giddy lack of oxygen?

Thanks in advance!
You don't get the base points for those five stays. Everything else I believe you get.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Looked long and hard and could not find the place to enter my preference for miles in lieu of points. Is this doable online, or do I have to indicate my preference at check in?
Old May 3, 2010, 3:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkelly1110
Looked long and hard and could not find the place to enter my preference for miles in lieu of points. Is this doable online, or do I have to indicate my preference at check in?
Either tell them at check-in or call and have it converted to miles after stay posts.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Either tell them at check-in or call and have it converted to miles after stay posts.
Thanks. If I have to call and convert the stay to miles after points, will I have any problems getting the AA25K bonus? (Too early to tell perhaps?)
Old May 3, 2010, 3:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkelly1110
Thanks. If I have to call and convert the stay to miles after points, will I have any problems getting the AA25K bonus? (Too early to tell perhaps?)
I'm sure AA25K will be done with a sweep - done a few hours after conversion - won't be a problem - but won't be in your Hyatt account details right away - it will show up.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by ttrltb

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by artemis021
You don't get the base points for those five stays. Everything else I believe you get.
Okay, then...by signing up for this promo, for my next 5 stays, I would lose my 2500 G bonus points and several thousand Hyatt base points, but I would earn 27,500 AA miles and my diamond amenities. Most importantly, signing up for this AA promo, each of these next five stays would still count towards BWB FFN's correct? (Peter, SD1K, Karen, I'd love one of your assurances )

Cheers!
Old May 3, 2010, 3:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

You rang?

Choosing Hyatt points:

5 stays x diamond amenity
5 stays x base points for money spent
5 stays x any relevant Gx bonus
5 stays / 2 = 2 1/2 BWB nights

Choosing AA points
5 stays x diamond amenity
5 stays x 500 pt AA base miles
5 stays x 3000 AA bonus/stay
1 bonus of 10K AA miles
5 stays / 2 = 2 1/2 BWB nights

If you have more than 5 stays during the promo window, I would chose the ones to credit to AA that either have no Gx bonus or the lowest Gx bonus.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm sure AA25K will be done with a sweep - done a few hours after conversion - won't be a problem - but won't be in your Hyatt account details right away - it will show up.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.