Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Louisville - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 5:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

HR Louisville, KY REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

This isn't a "full blown" review but a small snapshot that I thought I'd post since there is absolutely no review of this property on Flyertalk:

Hotel is a 70s Atrium Style property located in downtown Louisville. About 2 blocks away is the Fourth Street entertainment complex. The hotel itself is attached to the Louisville Convention Center and the parking ramp is shared (note that the maximum overnight charge in the ramp is $10 with no in and out if you just take the ticket and pay when you exit - if you don't need in and out privileges, this is cheaper than valet parking which I believe is $18). There are also meter spaces right outside however I did not look to see what hours they are enforced.

Hotel is about 25 stories with a full atrium up the middle. Elevators are on one side only - so the walk to rooms located on the other side of the building is a bit long. Rooms have been renovated within the last few years and feel updated. It is the typical Hyatt thorough renovation (but not gutting the rooms / bathrooms). For what it is, it is quite nice.

Since there is no RC at this hotel, the Diamond breakfast is in the lobby restaurant - where you can have the full buffet as a Diamond at no charge.

The hotel often (I've stayed there 2x in the last few months) feel very deserted - probably a function of the activity in the city.

Any questions, I'll be happy to try to answer.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM

It appears as though there isn't currently a review thread up for this property, so I thought I'd start one.

I did a quick 1 night stay there last week and the hotel is fine. Nothing special, but it works. Location is in the center of downtown, adjacent to Fourth Street Live, an entertainment district.

The hotel itself is clean, but has a bit of a tired and old feel to it (similar to the HR in Cambridge, MA if you are familiar). I was comped with an upgrade to a VIP suite which was a nice surprise. It was a top floor, 2 room suite - a standard king room attached to a large suite with sitting area, dining table, bar/kitchenette, and separate bathroom.

There is no RC, but breakfast in the lobby restaurant was a basic, but good, hot buffet. There is a pool and hot tub which were well kept.

It appears as though the property caters primarily to conventions with the convention center being next door, and there were a couple of huge groups staying while I was there. I got the feeling from the service and vibe that they don't see a whole lot of diamonds or frequent repeat business travellers.

All in all, it wasn't spectacular, but it was a fine stay and I will be back a handfull of times this year.

Enjoy!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Ooops - I knew there was a review that I forgot to "write" since I've been at this property a couple of times over the years. I agree with the above review totally - a nice but unremarkable property with decent service and has some great rates sometimes.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have stayed here as well- your review is spot on.
FWIW- the new Full Service Marriott around the corner is much nicer as it is new (don't confuse it with the Courtyard which is really not that good)- however this is really a convention town and from my experience occupancy is either 100% or 40% at all of these hotels.....
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the review. Was wondering what to expect, but didn't anticipate too much as it pretty much looked like a run-of-the-mill HR found in most mid-sized US cities. I have a stay next weekend and have used one of my Diamond upgrades. However, seems that may not be necessary for an upgrade. Rate is pretty good at $119 a night, plus G2 and MC bonuses in addition to my 2-night stay bonus will yield a hefty 8K+.

BTW are the "scrambled eggs" at the buffet those crap rubbery ones, or the real thing?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Just spent five nights there 2 weeks ago. Front desk staff was very good; had my diamond amenity card and keys waiting for my arrival. The hotel was fully booked due to an American Legion convection so room upgrade was only for the first 3 nights. I had two reservations so moving rooms wasn't a problem.

Breakfast buffet was good and service was great, almost to the point of being annoying.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Not an extensive review but some comments.

Stayed here last night (on the way home from Thanksgiving). Only booked a couple of hours before arrival on AAA rate ($93). Upon arrival, amenity card and keys were ready along with an upgrade to a VIP suite on the 17th floor (huge but a little dated - which pretty much describes the property). Occupancy was very low.

Breakfast service was very good with the minor glitch of miscommunication between the front desk's breakfast coupon which states for 1 only and the "policy" that it's for 2 - quickly resolved by the efficient waiter.

Overall my impressions haven't changed - a middling property with great service especially for Diamonds.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
KY/IND Rate

If you can prove residence in Kentucky or Indiana, the hotel is offering a $69 KYIND rate from now through January 30. It appears to be good every day. The webpage states that "Kentucky/Indiana ID required at check-in."
http://louisville.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho...sBookable=true

As for the review, I've stayed there twice for mattress run purposes. There's not much to add to the others' - it's a typical midwestern convention Hyatt. When occupancy is low, the breakfast buffet will be replaced by plated breakfast.
Oh - if you arrive on weekends, it is possible to park for free in city garages a block or two away, such as the 5th street garage. Maybe the $10 saved is worth it.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I stayed at this hotel last weekend. I can see that they spent money to renovate the lobby, but the rooms do not appear to have been given a proper make over. They TV's are updated, but much of the furniture appears to be older.

Front office staff was very friendly and helpful.. I would stay here again, but the property is nothing overly special.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
how far is it to walk to the Galt House hotel from here?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thomas199023
I'd say 4-5 blocks at the most.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Last time I was there, we had friends staying at the Galt House on PL rate.. It was an easy jaunt just down the street. 4-5 blocks is a pretty good estimate.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:28 pm

You can even get from the Hyatt to the Galt House completely indoors via "sky walks" if the weather is bad.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I am booked at the Hyatt, but my Friends are booked at the Galt, which is the nicer hotel?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:23 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
I am booked at the Hyatt, but my Friends are booked at the Galt, which is the nicer hotel?

Definitely the Hyatt. Better location too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.