Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Burning GP Points on Luxury

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This thread is a great reminder that Hyatt hardly has any decent beach resorts :-). Some luxury properties are near a beach, and some less luxurious that have a somewhat decent beach. But nothing you would call a luxury resort with an actual decent beach.

My vote (if we would expand our geography) would go to Danang, Vietnam for the properties I know. Fairly luxurious, with nice suites and villas, and a good beach.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I love Andaz Papagayo and it's a great points value but I believe it is a Zika risk area now. I would look into this if traveling with an infant.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thucanhho
I love Andaz Papagayo.
Not a very good beach...
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
This thread is a great reminder that Hyatt hardly has any decent beach resorts :-). Some luxury properties are near a beach, and some less luxurious that have a somewhat decent beach. But nothing you would call a luxury resort with an actual decent beach.

My vote (if we would expand our geography) would go to Danang, Vietnam for the properties I know. Fairly luxurious, with nice suites and villas, and a good beach.
Andaz Mayakoba should fit the bill
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Kacee
The beach at Hua Hin is terrible by Thailand standards. It also disappears for half the day when the tide is in.
And the hawkers are as pesky as mosquitos.

The resort is very pretty though, it's just that Hua Hin is not.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
Excellent property ? Yes ... excellent beach ? Not to me. The property is oceanfront, but there's only a small public beach on the eastern side of the property. The rest is rocks. The beach itself is OK, it's your generic white sand beach, but it's not well suited for swimming or snorkeling. The seabed is rocky, the surf is usually rough and the waves break really close in. You will likely see locals surfing out beyond the reef but you may also see some bruised tourists.

Don't get me wrong ... we've been to GH Kauai many times, most recently, this past summer, and enjoy it greatly. There's also some very nice beaches on Kauai. They're just not in front of the Hyatt.
Agreed - GH Kauai is a great place to visit but the beach is non-existent. We drove down the road to get a public beach in order to swim.

The golf course is nice though and has some spectacular views (Poipu Bay)
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
HR Danang Vietnam was great, and the beach was lovel, but didn't go swim as it was winter.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:02 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Harsh. But so true.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:43 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by OregonTransplant
I've been to many Hyatt beach properties. Quick synopsis of those you mention and those you don't.

Hua Hin: never been but from what I've read does not look "luxury" but has a very nice beach
Just checked out today. It is a very nice hotel. Used a DSU and got a further upgrade - confirmed months in advance. Great club, excellent food in all restaurants ande great staff.

re the beach: one of the worst I have seen, missing the typical turqoise colors, seldom a beach at all due to the high tides. And Jelly fish.
not a resort for beach vacations and activities.

Don't understand why you say it has a very nice beach...?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:46 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

i agree. Bad reminder.... was looking forward to PH Mallorca... but also not beachfront.... hoping for St Kitts...
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
One that I forgot to mention is Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi. Suites are huge even base suites, easy redemption, we though it was a great beach, additionally things to see in abu dhabi/dubai.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I stayed at PH Abu Dhabi around 3 years ago.

Used DSU and was given a superb suite, on the beach and decent location / property.

One that I forgot to mention is Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi. Suites are huge even base suites, easy redemption, we though it was a great beach, additionally things to see in abu dhabi/dubai.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

One that I forgot to mention is Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi.
I forgot about that one as well.... probably becease it was hardly memorable since I found it lacked any character. But if you want a beach resort this is probably one of the better Hyatt's there is.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Maldives: probably overall hyatt's best luxury beach destination, hard to get to, relatively easy redemption, good value at 25K, probably "shouldn't" take kids
The issue with the Maldives for most (especially in the OP's case) is getting there from the U.S. It's a PAIN! Unless you have miles/points to use to fly first or business, I wouldn't recommend it.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Jeffmiyagi
The issue with the Maldives for most (especially in the OP's case) is getting there from the U.S. It's a PAIN! Unless you have miles/points to use to fly first or business, I wouldn't recommend it.
So true!

Some of the Maldives resorts are just fantastic but, in retrospect, the hassle of getting there, with the final leg on stinky, uncomfortable seaplanes, etc. is just not worth it. The transit times from the US are insane and the flying arduous, even flying in biz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.