Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA

Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

8688 Palm Parkway Orlano, FL US 32836

Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (0 Photo)

I haven't stayed in a HP in the last year. I had some expiring free night certificates and I was in the Buena Vista Area for a conference. I'm very familiar with the HP product and assumed that a "new build" hotel would be up to brand standards. The property did not dissapoint.

Check In

Check-in was smooth as it was the first day the property was was open for business. A very capable manager was walking his front office staff through the process. The mgr likes to use a big Sharpie to write the room number on the key sleeve. The staff got to train on the use of my HNEL certs to boot. 

Room

Room was standard HP fare. The couches were a bit more plasticy than I remembered. I was reminded at check-in that my bed had never been slept in. Can't buy that for a dollar. It was clean and brand new.

Service

All the staff at the property seem to be super friendly and aimed to please. It's a sign of good leadership. As we all know staff attitude will make or break any property.

Dining

My dining experience was limited to breakfast & beers from the full lobby bar. Breakfast was solid with both hot & cold options. As the occupancy increases, I'm sure the freshness will imporve slightly. Not saying it's bad but when the egg muffins, pancakes, and french toast are not getting snapped up, they tend to sit & dry out a little. Nutella was on offer!

Location is great. Surrounded by shopping and dining options, it was a $6 Uber to my convention hotel near Disney Springs. 

Overall

I would reccomend this property to non-elite travellers who are happy with a good clean hotel experience...at least until it gets beat up. As a Lifetime SPG Plat, I can all but guarantee that the Sheraton Buena Vista across the street would be a lesser experience. From the outside, it looks old and tired.  

Pool Area

The pool & Jacuzzi are off the lobby behind the hotel with a green backdrop. The deck is cobblestone and the pool and fountain are sparkling. Lots of "patio furniture" and outdoor tables with umbrellas.

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
How funny! I was here too for the opening day. The occupancy was extremely low as could be expected. I was happy with my one night stay even if the beds were a bit stiffer than usual because they were brand new. Had a reception at the nighttime due to the opening. Overall a good stay, but the room did have a bit of a new construction smell and I noticed some construction dust.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 9:48 pm

Any recent stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.