Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Triple Miles promotion (many airlines for stay5/1-8/31/2014 for stays 2-15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Triple Miles promotion (many airlines for stay5/1-8/31/2014 for stays 2-15)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC

Am i missing something here? I read through the T and C's and can I get both 1,500 miles on UA per stay, along with my normal points with Hyatt? 21k in UA miles does not do much for me I can get that very quickyl anyways, but I really need to whore my Hyatt points for Hawaii again next year and still need another 75k for the rest of the year.

Thanks, if I am missing something here.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by DENflyer3
Am i missing something here? I read through the T and C's and can I get both 1,500 miles on UA per stay, along with my normal points with Hyatt? 21k in UA miles does not do much for me I can get that very quickyl anyways, but I really need to whore my Hyatt points for Hawaii again next year and still need another 75k for the rest of the year.

Thanks, if I am missing something here.
I believe it is one or the other. If you choose to earn the triple airline miles, you will not earn Hyatt points for the stay.

My question is, if choosing airline miles, does one still get the 500/1000 point diamond welcome bonus?
Old May 1, 2014, 12:19 pm

FYI, the link for details is
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...a436f78420184a

There are 8 different airlines participating.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pickles1107
I believe it is one or the other. If you choose to earn the triple airline miles, you will not earn Hyatt points for the stay.

My question is, if choosing airline miles, does one still get the 500/1000 point diamond welcome bonus?
I think you do. When they ran a promo 3 years ago, similar except bonus was 2500 miles, I did get my welcome points.
Old May 2, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EP SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond IHG Plat Avis 1st Hertz 5* National Exec
I just registered for this promo since I have quite a few one night stays coming up at Hyatt. Anyone know where I can enter my AA number on my profile? I don't see where it goes.
Old May 2, 2014, 7:44 am

Does anyone know what other airlines are participating? I do not want to register for AA. I would like to register with either CX or BA.
Old May 2, 2014, 8:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by venkol
I just registered for this promo since I have quite a few one night stays coming up at Hyatt. Anyone know where I can enter my AA number on my profile? I don't see where it goes.
You can't enter an airline account number. The way to get this to work, assuming that the procedure is like in the past, is give your airline account number when you check in and tell them you want miles instead of Hyatt points. Hopefully the miles will post instead of points but not a big deal if it doesn't (likely not to with inexperienced agents particularly at Hyatt Place type properties), just contact GP CS and ask to change the stay to miles (no need to hurry since points to miles conversion don't need to happen that quickly unlike the other way where it is impossible to go from miles to points if the miles have been transmitted to the airline which is done about every 2 weeks). Once the base miles for the stay has posted, the promo bonus will post automatically with the next sweep (couple of hours) and all the miles will be sent to the airline the next time transmission happens (up to a few weeks).

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Does anyone know what other airlines are participating? I do not want to register for AA. I would like to register with either CX or BA.
I don't know of a list but

BA is participating http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...a436f78420184a

CX I don't believe is

Other

UA - http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...a436f78420184a

You can try to check by changing the airline name in the link above - I think that many of the usual partners are probably participating - try some combination - I can't get Delta to come up though.
Old May 2, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by zacktravel
I think you do. When they ran a promo 3 years ago, similar except bonus was 2500 miles, I did get my welcome points.
Yes you do but you will probably have to contact CS to have them manually adjust it - need to add a line to the account.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
do c+p stays count? dont see the long form T&C
Old May 2, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Airlines participating:

AirFrance/KLM
American
ANA
BA
JAL
Jet Airways
Lufthansa
United

I should be able to max out the bonus. I chose Avios.

I have a stay in between stays at cheap HP properties that I would prefer HGP points, not miles. I assume this is not a problem? Then after this particular stay go back to the miles promo.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by pickles1107

I have a stay in between stays at cheap HP properties that I would prefer HGP points, not miles. I assume this is not a problem? Then after this particular stay go back to the miles promo.
Not a problem at all - just don't give them your airline number.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by exmike
do c+p stays count? dont see the long form T&C
I'm sure it does, an eligible rate is eligible for points, miles, stay credit, promos.
Old May 4, 2014, 3:38 pm
K79

I am new to this type of promo. Does anyone know if the diamond amenity points and points for a closed lounge would be given if I were to choose the miles instead of HGP points? In other words, are the miles given only for the base rate portion?
Old May 4, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by K79
I am new to this type of promo. Does anyone know if the diamond amenity points and points for a closed lounge would be given if I were to choose the miles instead of HGP points? In other words, are the miles given only for the base rate portion?
Yes, you will get 1W, DN even if you chose miles for that stay.
Old May 4, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
IF you select the Airline bonus, will it still count as a stay at Hyatt towards elite status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.