Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topeka HP REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Topeka HP REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

(With apologies if there is an existing thread. I would have sworn there was one, but Search is not finding it).

Good example of where an HP can really work out for you. North of and well away from, but in sight of, I-70 on the west edge of town. Converted AmeriSuites, but converted well. In my opinion (which TripAdvisor seems to share), a better choice than most other 2 to 2.5 stars in town just because its farther away from the Interstate and quieter, but not so far you have to navigate through town to find it (beyond it shares a poorly-marked driveway behind an outpatient hospital). There are chain dining choices in the immediate area although it's a stretch to say you can walk, and many more that are a short drive.

For those who you who don't really like HP's, well, the FS alternatives would be a very old Ramada in a bad part of downtown, a local FS of mixed reviews way off the highway on what used to be the fairgrounds, and the famously-haunted boutique hotel near the state office complex.

(Going west out of town, hotels of any brand, and even gas stations, get sparse quickly. Plan twice and book ahead before you push a bit farther and drive west into the sunset).

Last edited by jayer; Mar 24, 2013 at 11:59 am
Old Mar 24, 2013, 1:23 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jayer
(With apologies if there is an existing thread. I would have sworn there was one, but Search is not finding it).
No apologies needed, there hasn't been a review thread to this property (at least that is linked to in the Property Index sticky above). So this becomes the start of the review thread.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
This property is a little off to itself. I actually was in Topeka at another hotel client, but passed by there goung to the Johnny Corinos and Red Robin.

There aren't many good choices in Topeka for hotels, esp. FS. I was working with the Clubhouse which is older, but still a good choice if the HP is full.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Starwood Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I've been staying in this hotel for approximately the last 5 weeks (Mon-Thursday). Using it to hit my Diamond challenge and the Q4 50,000 bonus points. Staff is exceedingly nice. Rooms are large enough and feature a mini-fridge but no microwave. Laundry onsite is a huge plus for me. Breakfast is meager but consistent. Overall, pleased with the experience - not much better in Topeka from what I hear.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Checked in at the Topeka HP this evening for an MR and got chatting with the FD agent. A full renovation of the guestrooms will occur between March-May. Due to the plumbing configuration at this property, rooms will be done in blocks, rather than floor by floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.