Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2002, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Kailua, Hawaii. USA - UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold

Since this hotel had good ratings in other posts decided to give it a try for my vacation in Tokyo. Just made Diamond and got upgraded to RC without asking. Diamond amenity was a tray of Japanese cookies, small bowl of grapes, and bottled water. Used the suite upgrade certificate in my Diamond packet and got to stay in a huge corner suite with a view of Shinjuku park. RC club had a nice continental breakfast buffet and delicious hot snacks for evening cocktails. Nice hotel with very helpful staff. Recommend it.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 11:34 am

I'm staying at the Century Hyatt on a FFN award stay on Friday night this week. I'm only platinum so no upgrades are likely. Which rooms are the best to request?
Old Nov 27, 2002, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Location: Kailua, Hawaii. USA - UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Request a high floor room facing the park. Much nicer view than the other hotel sides. You should inquire if any Webflyers might send you an extra Platinum Perks certificate for you to use. It has an option for a RC upgrade.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few Japanese have told me the rumor that the Century Hyatt was (is?) the Yakuza's favorite Tokyo hotel!! So if you see any guests walking around with a bit of a finger cut off....
Old Nov 29, 2002, 2:38 pm

I'm at the Century Hyatt right now. I can confirm that there are several guests with bubble perms and leather jackets.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't forget, if it's during the day (maybe weekdays only?), to walk to the nearby Tokyo Metropolitan Government Bldgs and take the FREE lift to the viewing galleries on top of the tallest building in Japan!!
Old Nov 30, 2002, 6:51 pm

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
Unless your business is in Shinjuku, the Grand Hyatt is definitely going to be the hot new hotel. Now I stay at the Park Hyatt when I have to be in the area but the Westin most the time.

Both properties will be missing this regular when the GH Rappongi opens!
Old Jan 22, 2003, 7:39 pm

As a GP Diamond, has anyone experienced an upgrade to a
suite at Century Hyatt Tokyo, or at any other Hyatt hotel in Japan?

While many hotels outside Japan upgrade Diamonds to a
suite if they have some available, I have never experienced
this in Japan.

I know that the official upgrade policy excludes suites,
but I just wanted to know.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 10:45 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
i have visited Japan yearly for the past 5+ years, staying is all of the Hyatts numerous times -- I have never been upgraded to a suite -- although I have only been diamond for the last 3 years. I just completed a trip Osaka, Grnad Fukuoka, Fukuoka Regency, Osaka (again) and Park Tokyo. I got a very nice corner Park room in Tokyo, but nothing but RC rooms everywhere else.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 11:06 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
In response to the "lack" of upgrades in Japan... well it's very cultural. Things go by the book...NO deviation at all. Does it say you get a suite upgrade...nope... guess what you'll almost never see one. I had a stay at a sheraton in Japan, according to "the rule book" one had to present their elite card for an upgrade (yea it's suppose to be there in the computer too) well I didnt have mine. Due to this, they didnt upgrade me. Starwood Lurker looked into it and was a bit shocked too... sooooo the rules are followed, "i"'s are dotted and "t"'s crossed. Don't look for anything more than an RC room IMHO.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 12:30 pm

Park Tokyo - no stellar upgrade, just a slightly larger room and great view of Mt. Fuji.
Century Hyatt - no suite upgrade, and have logged 100+ nights there over the past 6 years. Great RC staff!!!
Osaka Hyatt - 99% get corner suite and RC access. Gotta love this hotel!

In general, Japan is by the books (as stated before). But once in a while, one does get fortunate!
Old Jan 23, 2003, 1:09 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I remember the Century Hyatt very well - the only hotel where I have been woken up at night due to earthquake.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 10:53 am

Century Hyatt Tokyo rooms ?

CHT has 4 non-suite rooms. Which is best for size and view? Web site info is incomplete:

1) guest, 28 square meters, 10-26 floor, 23,400 Yen
2) view, 33 sm, 10-26 fl, 25,400 Y
3) regency club, ? sm, 6-9 fl, 27,400 Y
4) grand, 40 sm, ? fl, 27,400 Y

If the grand is on a top floor, that would seem best?

Also, are the views of the city? Mt. Fuji (weather permitting)? Other?

[This message has been edited by richarddd (edited Jan 06, 2004).]
Old Jan 6, 2004, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by richarddd:
CHT has 4 non-suite rooms. Which is best for size and view? Web site info is incomplete:

1) guest, 28 square meters, 10-26 floor, 23,400 Yen
2) view, 33 sm, 10-26 fl, 25,400 Y
3) regency club, ? sm, 6-9 fl, 27,400 Y
4) grand, 40 sm, ? fl, 27,400 Y

If the grand is on a top floor, that would seem best?

Also, are the views of the city? Mt. Fuji (weather permitting)? Other?

[This message has been edited by richarddd (edited Jan 06, 2004).]
</font>
IIRC, no view of Mt. Fuji from anywhere in the CHT. Although it is 26 stories, it is a lowrise in the area, with the view of Mt. Fuji blocked by the 50 story Tocho building. If you want the Mt. Fuji view, the PHT is it, for 1/4 of the rooms, and pray for no rain and no smog. In winter, probability of seeing it is high.

Old Jan 7, 2004, 7:39 pm

If I were to slum it at the CHT, which direction would I want to face for best view?

Which room type would you prefer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.