Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HyattPlace King of Prussia REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Staying one night at this property. The layout is different than the typical HP I've been accustomed to. This property is L-shaped. Rooms layout also different with sofa and bed facing facing each other and separated by a wall vs. bed and sofa parallel with partition in between. Cordless phone is the newer type found at renovated properties. Desk is a lot more smaller than usual HP offering.

Bottle of water and cookie left in my room for being a Diamond.

WiFi very fast.

Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
They must have revamped an older property such as candlewood suites or similar
I stayed in a built from ground up HP in Sugarland TX and all but the room layout was completely different from any other HP I've stayed in
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Small Room

This propery has easily the smallest room at any Hyatt Place at which I've stayed. The sitting area was probably 1/2 the size of a normal Hyatt Place, no wet bar, a small desk literally tucked into a corner opposite the bed.

I will not return.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NJTraveler
This propery has easily the smallest room at any Hyatt Place at which I've stayed. The sitting area was probably 1/2 the size of a normal Hyatt Place, no wet bar, a small desk literally tucked into a corner opposite the bed.

I will not return.
You probably got the Studio suites that are $10.00 cheaper than the larger rooms -- surprised that you did not get upgraded due to your Diamond status.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I like the staff at this hotel but there is way too much noise from the PA Turnpike for my taste. Many of the rooms overlook the Turnpike and the trucks can get loud at night. Otherwise, I think this hotel is pretty typical for an HP.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:36 pm

recent stay

hi,

recently had a few 1-night stays at this property in the last month. to clarify, this property is obviously different from the Hyatt House KOP, which is about 1/2 mile away. i'll compare the 2 (since I stayed both).

this is a rather smaller property than its sister Hyatt House and kind of in a remote business complex area. there isn't anything of interest that is walkable. in contrast, the location of the Hyatt House KOP is ideal, right across from the KOP mall and a bunch of restaurants!

as I diamond, I received a card valid for a $20 F&B credit and a separate drink voucher which I could use at the bar or for some bottled drinks from their market pantry.

another good thing about this place is that their market panty / diner is open 24/7, so you can definitely feed those late-night munchies.

the staff was also really nice and helpful. always went out of their way to accommodate.

UPGRADE:

though I'm diamond, I don't think I got upgraded much. I think I got the standard room a couple of times, but usually I was in the studio.

ROOMS:

I actually thought they were pretty small, as others had mentioned as well. they also had a dark brown hue, which, personally, was kind of depressing. it did have a nice desk / work area for those that needed it.

BREAKFAST:

pretty simple here. some yogurts, cereals, pre-cooked egg sandwiches, oatmeal, fruit, etc.

between the 2, I'd choose the Hyatt House over the Hyatt Place KOP for:

1. location
2. nicer rooms
3. better breakfast
4. lobby / pool table
5. just an overall warmer feeling

but for sure, Hyatt Place had better staff!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent stays here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.