Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going from Plat to Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Going from Plat to Diamond

On Friday, I will hit 25 stays, making me a Diamond^

How long should it take for my account to update? Will I need to have any reservations updated to include the new status?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Depends on how fast the hotel posted your stay..normally within one week...
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

How long should it take for my account to update? Will I need to have any reservations updated to include the new status?
It should update as soon as the stay posts. If the stay does not post promptly, you should call CS.

Yes, you should call CS and have them update all of your existing reservations to reflect your Diamond status. This is useful because many hotels allocate rooms and upgrades to Diamonds before they arrive at the hotel.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
I say about 2-4 days for the stay to actually credit and about 24 hrs for the status update on Gold Passport. That is if GP doesn't have another website snafu
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:52 pm

If you have another stay coming up before the 25th stay is likely to post, then you should contact CS to have them manually update your status in time for you next stay. I am sure that they can do that.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica

Is your stay Thursday (checking out Friday) or Friday night? If Friday (New Years Eve), your stay will post in 2011. I believe folks have been able to get NYE to post in the way most advantageous to them in the past.

I agree with the others to have your future reservations updated to your status. Enjoy Diamond!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Trustguy
Is your stay Thursday (checking out Friday) or Friday night? If Friday (New Years Eve), your stay will post in 2011. I believe folks have been able to get NYE to post in the way most advantageous to them in the past.

I agree with the others to have your future reservations updated to your status. Enjoy Diamond!
My final reservation is for the night of 12/30 (Thursday), so I shouldn't have any problem with the stay posting for 2010.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Congratulations, FriendlySkies! This is worthy of congratulations, as the step up is huge. (You knew that.) The next thing to do is to PM Gold Passport Concierge to set up an arrangement with your Personal Line Representative. Karen Smith, the former GPC, offered to do this for Diamonds who participate here (not an official requirement) and most likely told the team that has succeeded her. ^
Old Dec 30, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, HH Gold
My 25th stay was the 27th of December and I got upgraded today, so it shouldn't take long.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hallsofmontezuma
My 25th stay was the 27th of December and I got upgraded today, so it shouldn't take long.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Hallsofmontezuma!

Thanks for the info! I just checked in (although I'm not staying) for my 25th stay, so I'll keep an eye out for the changes to my account..
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Hyatt has recently gotten a LOT faster about posting points for stays. Used to take 3+ weeks, now its almost always less than 5 days, sometimes even within 72 hours.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Firewind
Congratulations, FriendlySkies! This is worthy of congratulations, as the step up is huge. (You knew that.) The next thing to do is to PM Gold Passport Concierge to set up an arrangement with your Personal Line Representative. Karen Smith, the former GPC, offered to do this for Diamonds who participate here (not an official requirement) and most likely told the team that has succeeded her. ^
How does this work? I'm a newbie Diamond here too
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So the 25th stay posted, but my account still lists me as a Platinum. How long should it take the account to show me as Diamond? I've got a stay on Friday, and am hoping that I will get the Diamond bennies by then..
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
So the 25th stay posted, but my account still lists me as a Platinum. How long should it take the account to show me as Diamond? I've got a stay on Friday, and am hoping that I will get the Diamond bennies by then..
When I qualified for Diamond the first time, it took a bit longer than I had hoped, so I called CS and got status updated and posted for next stay. I would say that you should call if your status hasn't updated by Monday or Tuesday.

Congrats on the status and enjoy it!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

With my account not switching over the Diamond, I just called the Plat line to check on the status of the account update. The agent I spoke to mentioned that the Hyatt systems were being updated for renewals, and my account would not be shown as Diamond until March. Apparently, I'll have to call in for every reservation I need to book, so they can manually update my status to Diamond..

Any ways to push it through? Should I contact GP Concierge? I've got a lot of stays to book, and it will be a hassle to update every reservation over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.