Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hawaii resorts- 5 nights+/stay,18k points thru Septemer, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaii resorts- 5 nights+/stay,18k points thru Septemer, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA PREMIER GOLD, AMEX PLT, HYATT Diamond
Hawaii resorts- 5 nights+/stay,18k bonus points thru September 30, 2010

Just received this email:

ENJOY THE WONDERS OF HAWAII WITH HYATT™ AND EARN 18,000 HYATT GOLD PASSPORT™ BONUS POINTS

Discover the beauty of Hawaii at one of three magnificent resorts, offering the best combination of luxury, location, amenities and service. Plus, earn 18,000 Hyatt Gold Passport™ bonus points when you stay five or more nights between now and September 30, 2010.

• Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa
• Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
• Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa

Enjoy paradise at our Four-Diamond resort in Kauai, which presents a wealth of opportunities for creating your own personalized retreat. Indulge in all the offerings of our incredible Maui resort, where you can frolic in our water playground, pamper yourself at the spa, play championship golf and more. Or surround yourself with the unforgettable sensory delights of our resort fronting Waikiki Beach and explore landmarks like Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and Pearl Harbor.

As a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you'll earn 18,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points for every stay of five nights or more through September 30, 2010. Redeem your points for exciting rewards including free nights without blackout dates, room upgrades and airline miles.

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, simply book a five-night stay by May 31, 2010. For reservations, call 800 55 HYATT or visit hawaii.hyatt.com and reference Offer Code HI18K.

Last edited by solanoma; Apr 26, 2010 at 6:40 pm Reason: correct errors in title
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
looks to be combinable with other packages & AAA/Sr. Citizen rates.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Very nice! I just signed a client who will be bringing me out to Hawaii 3-4 times between now and the end of this promotion... I guess the Sheratons will have to wait...
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by solanoma
For reservations, call 800 55 HYATT or visit hawaii.hyatt.com and reference Offer Code HI18K.
I have one-week stay booked at the Waikiki property next week. Presumably I can have them add this offer code retroactively at checkin/checkout or by calling Hyatt? Does it combine with G2?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Got the email as well. Complete T&Cs:

Offer valid April 1, 2010 to September 30, 2010, at Hyatt Regency Maui, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach and Grand Hyatt Kauai. A five-night minimum length of stay is required to qualify for 18,000 bonus points. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Guest must request Offer Code HI18K at time of reservation and check-in to receive bonus points. Hyatt Gold Passport members must choose points for their stay and pay an Eligible Rate. An "Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on Hyatt websites, Hyatt Daily Rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Only one bonus may be redeemed per member, per stay. This promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Please allow 6 – 8 weeks after travel is completed for Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points to be credited to your account. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. ©2010 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I'm Jealous

Originally Posted by boifromtroy
Very nice! I just signed a client who will be bringing me out to Hawaii 3-4 times between now and the end of this promotion... I guess the Sheratons will have to wait...

We all want to know what you do to get paid to hang out in a Hawaii Hyatt.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
I had booked a stay in Honolulu for July at a AAA rate of $210/night. When I went to book this promotion the best rate that I got was $289/night. This made me say bad words. Diamond Concierge was able to override and get the promo code attached to the $210 rate. I may never stay at a Starwood property again.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Not as great as last year's Maui 18K bonus points/5 nights promo that worked even on free nights!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:10 am

Strange that I got this email on 4/26 like the OP even though promo states that it started April 1. See T&Cs in above post.

What about people who did 5+ nights in Maui/Kauai/HNL at the beginning of the month before this promo was made known?

Last edited by kishna; Apr 27, 2010 at 1:15 am
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Where to go?

hi,
For those of you Hawaii experts!

Which would be the preferred HYatt to stay if it would be your first trip to Hawaii and you want to stay about 5 days with your wife. (no kids)
some sightseeing, some beach, some driving around, some nature would be what we would like to do!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
Hopefully you are Diamond, if not get status match and enjoy your upgrade
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I emailed GP CS to have the HI18K promo code and G2 added to my existing reservation. Got this reply:

"Regarding the offer code HI18K, based on the Terms and Conditions of this promotion, this offer is not valid with the discounted AAA rate."

Seems to contradict the T&Cs listed above. My reservation is for a "AAA with Breakfast" rate; I doubt that the breakfast aspect would make it an ineligible rate. Guess I'll take the T&C printout with my to Hawaii and have the front desk person add it.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I emailed GP CS to have the HI18K promo code and G2 added to my existing reservation. Got this reply:

"Regarding the offer code HI18K, based on the Terms and Conditions of this promotion, this offer is not valid with the discounted AAA rate."

Seems to contradict the T&Cs listed above. My reservation is for a "AAA with Breakfast" rate; I doubt that the breakfast aspect would make it an ineligible rate. Guess I'll take the T&C printout with my to Hawaii and have the front desk person add it.
just make a quick call to GP to resolve issue now, always work better than email for me.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kishna
just make a quick call to GP to resolve issue now, always work better than email for me.
The nice thing (when you actually get what you want) about email is that you then have a written record of what was said and promised.

Since the agent also didn't address my request to make sure the reservation reflects my current Diamond status (I had booked it as Platinum), I guess a call is in order, though.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA PREMIER GOLD, AMEX PLT, HYATT Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

Since the agent also didn't address my request to make sure the reservation reflects my current Diamond status (I had booked it as Platinum), I guess a call is in order, though.
I recently made a few reservations using the "AAA rate with breakfast," just to get a full breakfast option. It appears this rate cannot be booked with Gx and other promo codes on the website. Called GP line and the agent could not add them either, but he made a note in the reservations. I'd always confirm with FD at check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.