Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Earn 2x or 1500 Bonus Pts at 4 HP in Texas INTDBL / INT15 - thru 7/31/10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:18 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond

Experience a new kind of Hyatt™ designed around you – plus, earn 1,500 Hyatt Gold Passport™ bonus points – at these participating hotels in Texas:

• Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
• Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie
• Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/IAH Airport
• Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport

As a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you'll earn 1,500 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points for every stay before July 31, 2010. Enjoy free nights with no blackout dates, travel rewards and more when you redeem your points.

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, simply book your stay for now through July 31, 2010. For reservations, call 1-888-HYATT HP or visit hyatt.com and reference Offer Code INT15.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Earn Double Points at Four Hyatt Places in Texas INTDBL - thru 7/31/10

Just received this email:

"DOUBLE POINTS COME WITH EVERY STAY AT HYATT PLACE™ HOTELS IN TEXAS

Experience a new kind of Hyatt™ designed around you – plus, earn double Hyatt Gold Passport™ bonus points – at these participating hotels in Texas:

For the busy lifestyle of today's multi-tasking business traveler, Hyatt Place features a selected range of services aimed at providing casual hospitality in a well-designed, high-tech and contemporary environment. You'll feel more than welcome with the following:

• 42-inch flat-panel HDTV (that can be easily integrated with your laptop or MP3 player)
• Plush Hyatt Grand Bed™
• Free Wi-Fi everywhere
• Complimentary e-room with public computers and printer
• Complimentary continental breakfast daily
• Made-to-order snacks and entrees available 24/7 in the Guest Kitchen
• Specialty Starbucks® coffee drinks, wine and premium beers served in the Bakery Café
• Spacious guest rooms
• Cozy Corner sectional sofa-sleeper
• Flexible workspace with task lighting
• StayFit@Hyatt fitness center
• Express check-in/check-out kiosks

As a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you'll earn double Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points for every stay before July 31, 2010. Enjoy free nights with no blackout dates, travel rewards and more when you redeem your points.

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, simply book your stay for now through July 31, 2010. For reservations, call 1-888-HYATT HP or visit hyatt.com and reference Offer Code INTDBL."

GP Bonuses: I didn't see any for any of these four locations during the Feb 1-May 31 period.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually booked a stay at one of those properties and noticed that AAA rate with promo code attached is $13 or so higher than without (the very same AAA rate!).
Never seen this before; in the past point promos were either priced the same or not combinable with certain rates.
I hope this is an anomaly but for now I'll keep the lowest rate and take UA miles for the stay.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by azepine00
I actually booked a stay at one of those properties and noticed that AAA rate with promo code attached is $13 or so higher than without (the very same AAA rate!).
Never seen this before; in the past point promos were either priced the same or not combinable with certain rates.
I hope this is an anomaly but for now I'll keep the lowest rate and take UA miles for the stay.
I've seen it occasionally in the last year or so - if you want points - try to get it added at the time of the stay (not likely to happen since we're talking about HPs here) or after. If it fails then take UA miles unless you'd prefer miles anyways.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Hmmm....I thought the advice with past promotions (ANDAZ5 or the one that included $150 F&B per stay at certain resorts) was to book the lowest rate and have the promotion code added after the fact by emailing Gold Passport Customer Service.

Am I wrong?

And, if I am Diamond and choose the 1,500 points, I can still choose UA miles right (similar to the ANDAZ5 promotion)?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Hmmm....I thought the advice with past promotions (ANDAZ5 or the one that included $150 F&B per stay at certain resorts) was to book the lowest rate and have the promotion code added after the fact by emailing Gold Passport Customer Service.

Am I wrong?

And, if I am Diamond and choose the 1,500 points, I can still choose UA miles right (similar to the ANDAZ5 promotion)?
ANDAZ5 or DEL5K had components of the promotion that needs to be acknowledged by the property during the stay (eg the $50 credit or the $150 F&B credit), that is why those promotions needed to be listed in the reservation prior to the stay (either at reservation time or afterwards by CS). These promotions are simply bonus points that can be added after the stay.

You won't get both the 1500 points & UA miles - its one or the other (I don't think the 5k points part of the ANDAZ5 would work if you chose UA miles either). Same with the Gx bonuses. You would be entitled to the Diamond welcome bonus (which won't post automatically - and you'll have to find a CS agent who knows how to do it properly).
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by peteropny
You won't get both the 1500 points & UA miles - its one or the other (I don't think the 5k points part of the ANDAZ5 would work if you chose UA miles either). Same with the Gx bonuses.
I agree with your comment regarding the Gx bonuses. If you choose miles you don't earn Gx bonuses.

But, I was under the impression that you can pick miles and get the ANDAZ5 5,000 point bonus. The 5,000 points are part of the rate plan (ANDAZ5). That is what you are paying for. Whether you choose miles or points are a separate decision. I thought I read that somewhere.

Interesting question and I am no expert....I wonder if someone else can opine.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I agree with your comment regarding the Gx bonuses. If you choose miles you don't earn Gx bonuses.

But, I was under the impression that you can pick miles and get the ANDAZ5 5,000 point bonus. The 5,000 points are part of the rate plan (ANDAZ5). That is what you are paying for. Whether you choose miles or points are a separate decision. I thought I read that somewhere.

Interesting question and I am no expert....I wonder if someone else can opine.
Drifting OT here but from Andaz5 T&Cs
Hyatt Gold Passport members must choose points for their stay and pay an Eligible Rate to receive bonus points.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 5:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

LRD, thank you for posting this. It's very timely for me as we have a stay coming up at one of the properties. I had planned to switch the stay in UA miles, but with the 1500 INTL15 promo, the 500 pt diamond amenity, and the base points, I'd prefer getting the Hyatt points.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 5:25 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
I'm delighted to pay you back for helping me on more than one occasion!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: United Platinum
Awesome! I've got a stay coming up in May at the HP San Antonio Airport and it is right after the 3K mileage bonus expires

This will be perfect!

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:14 pm

My husband's INT15 promo posted just today on his stay. Thank you. I've googled, and found this promo shared nowhere else but on FlyerTalk.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by LRD
Irritating that HP El Paso isn't included...
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:48 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband's INT15 promo posted just today on his stay. Thank you. I've googled, and found this promo shared nowhere else but on FlyerTalk.
FYI how many days after the stay did the 1500 INT15 points post?

My regular GP points posted today for a stay completed Saturday but didn't see the bonus points. This was for Austin/Arboretum

When staying at a different Austin Hyatt Place that had one of the G-X promo's my 1500 points for that promo posted at the same time as the stay points.

Thanks
Bigshaker
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:50 pm

The code was posted after I made his bookings. I didn't rebook him, but had the agent add it after the stay posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.