Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Accor City Super Sale: 60% off

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:28 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Thumbs up [EXPIRED] Accor City Super Sale: 60% off

As posted in the Other Hotel Programs forum by pjamp, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...uper-sale.html, I thought this offer would be exposed to more interested FTers here.

The new Accor City Super Sale is available June 23-29, 2009, for hotel rates in 27 cities across 10 countries in Asia Pacific region. Travellers will be able to take advantage of savings of up to 60% for booking stays between July 10 and September 30, 2009.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promot...upersale.shtml

Over 250,000 room nights will be on sale, with rates starting as low as US$25 per night. The 27 cities include Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Hanoi, Manila, Mumbai, Sydney and Auckland.

Different rates apply for Accor’s various brands, with Sofitel, Pullman, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, All Seasons and Ibis hotels participating, providing a vast range of affordable options during the 2½ months.

The Accor ‘City Super Sale’ coincides with record-low air fares across the Asia Pacific region, allowing travelers to enjoy some of the world’s most exciting cities at bargain rates.

Last edited by Kalboz; Jun 23, 2009 at 1:51 am
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:07 pm

The rates are not so good this time, and not available at many properties/cities (i.e. Bali). For e.g. they are having the Ibis in Bangkok at 875 baht... just slightly lower than Best Available Rates or Advanced Payment rates if I am not wrong. Also I checked Pullman Bangkok and the promo rates are just US$15 lower than the best rates per night.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by biaoism
The rates are not so good this time, and not available at many properties/cities (i.e. Bali). For e.g. they are having the Ibis in Bangkok at 875 baht... just slightly lower than Best Available Rates or Advanced Payment rates if I am not wrong. Also I checked Pullman Bangkok and the promo rates are just US$15 lower than the best rates per night.
hmmm - i got a bit excited at this promotion because I need 9 nights worth of hotel accommodation in bangkok starting from the 10th of July (so this would be perfect).

But you thinnk its not going to be that good? (Do I need to stay up until midnight local time?? I don't have a a-club card so can't see the range in bkk until another 11 hours).

regards

lme ff
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
It's not quite the 23rd, which is when the sale starts, so how are you checking rates?

Perhaps I missed something?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
.... I don't have a a-club card so can't see the range in bkk until another 11 hours....
this is the key !

I have been trying to figure out this A-card,
and how to apply my Sofitel Privelge points to it.
There is quite a bit of info scattered around in other threads...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
It's not quite the 23rd, which is when the sale starts, so how are you checking rates?

Perhaps I missed something?

Thanks in advance.
A-Club members can access the rates already.

Go to http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/apac/index.shtml

On the quick search form, select "Accor Loyalty Card", fill in your A-Club membership number, then search for properties in the city where the promotion is available.

Rates for BKK start from 875 THB (~$27 USD) - I assume that is for the lowest range (i.e. Ibis)... not very good rates IMO when I can get Ibis for about $30 normally. Rates for Beijing start from US$30 which is kinda just a small discount off the normal rates for Ibis/HI Express standard hotels.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
hmmm - i got a bit excited at this promotion because I need 9 nights worth of hotel accommodation in bangkok starting from the 10th of July (so this would be perfect).

But you thinnk its not going to be that good? (Do I need to stay up until midnight local time?? I don't have a a-club card so can't see the range in bkk until another 11 hours).

regards

lme ff
Here are some rates in BKK (Sale Rate / Next Best Rate). It appears that some properties have better rates than others... not all the rates are bad.

1. Chateau de Bangkok Managed by Accor ($54 / $86)
2. Pullman Bangkok ($72 / $87)
3. VIE Hotel Bangkok ($72 / $98)
4. Novotel Bangkok Siam Square ($54 / $107) - not bad!
5. Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence (previously Sofitel) ($54/$97)
Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here are some rates in BKK (Sale Rate / Next Best Rate). It appears that some properties have better rates than others... not all the rates are bad.
Thank you^

looks like I be pulling a late one tonight!

regards

lme ff
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
A-Club members can access the rates already.

Go to http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/apac/index.shtml

On the quick search form, select "Accor Loyalty Card", fill in your A-Club membership number, then search for properties in the city where the promotion is available.

Rates for BKK start from 875 THB (~$27 USD) - I assume that is for the lowest range (i.e. Ibis)... not very good rates IMO when I can get Ibis for about $30 normally. Rates for Beijing start from US$30 which is kinda just a small discount off the normal rates for Ibis/HI Express standard hotels.
Ahhh, there it is, the thing I was missing.

Thanks for the clarification!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the rates have allready been loaded for regfular members of the public.

Some hotels such as the all seasons sathorn have got a heavily discounted rate of AUD31 per night, but breakfast is now an addtional AUD7 per person whereas before it was included in the rate.

Overall though not bad, and if you were a single traveller you would be saving some good money off their normal advance rate of about AUD54 (sorry to be quoting and AUD but its my primary currency!)

regards

lme ff
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:45 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Bangkok Airport Novotel - Amazing Price Drop

Novotel Bangkok Airport now only around 38 Euros a Night^
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Novotel Bangkok Airport now only around 38 Euros a Night^
Yes, amazing,
I looked at that a few days ago, over $200 !
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:43 am

The prices aren't bad overall.

I would say about the same as the sale they had back in February, or perhaps slightly more expensive. In Indonesia in any case.

I got Novotel Bandung for $48 versus $95 normally.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:01 am

Hope everyone enjoy these prices. It's not as cheap as last time but good enough though. You can access it from www.accorhotels.com/gb/promotion/specials/supersale.shtml
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence (previously Sofitel) ($54/$97)
not bad for this rate. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.