Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] LastMinuteTravel.com Offers 15,000 Hotels for $1 Per Night

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:40 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Hmmmm.... this $1 deal is not even showing up on the homepage of the site when it was before... coincidence?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by lo2e
Hmmmm.... this $1 deal is not even showing up on the homepage of the site when it was before... coincidence?
Check again. Refresh your browser to see the ads change.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:58 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Ah, now it's there.... thanks, sc flier.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:21 pm

Word is spreading quickly on this deal. Our chances of booking fast enough are a lot lower now that sites like SD are opening doors to the hordes. At least I can have reason to be a lot more "realistic" about getting in on this over the next week.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Vapno
Word is spreading quickly on this deal. Our chances of booking fast enough are a lot lower now that sites like SD are opening doors to the hordes. At least I can have reason to be a lot more "realistic" about getting in on this over the next week.
that's a shame that everybody is finding out about this deal. i hope their servers don't crash. i'm looking forward more to this sale than i do to christmas.
what is the name of the site that you refer to as "SD?" sorry, i'm new to all these forums.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
slickdeals.net I guess.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by fsuga
As I posted earlier, the lady I talked to in their customer service dept said it will begin the last week in January, which is the 26th.
I've also read some stuff on other sites where they talk about a sale very similar to this one that they did in Europe a little while back. $10 (or pound) rooms. And from what I saw, it appeared to work. Here's hoping the same happens for us.

Travelodge UK ran that special, starting at midnight Dec. 31. It took me about 2 hours of trying before I was able to get onto their page (otherwise, server busy)

Didn't find a 9 pound room, but did get one for 19 X 3 nights, $84 ai, central London. Made boss very happy.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 3:34 am

Hi all,

I think it was the £10 www.lastminute.com special offer days that the poster was talking about not Travelodge.
That 'lastminute' is a totally separate company to the lastminutetravel.com that are holding this $1 sale. lastminute.com are part of another big company (travelocity if I remember correctly, on PDA so can't check or open another browser window now I've started typing this!).

I get so flippin' nervous when these promos surface, was posting on here and actively shaking sat in the local library on the website during the Leading hotels deal when the website crash happened.
Better luck this time to those that weren't successful on that one (inc. me)

Caroline, in the UK.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by crd3000
Hi all,

I think it was the £10 www.lastminute.com special offer days that the poster was talking about not Travelodge.
That 'lastminute' is a totally separate company to the lastminutetravel.com that are holding this $1 sale. lastminute.com are part of another big company (travelocity if I remember correctly, on PDA so can't check or open another browser window now I've started typing this!).

I get so flippin' nervous when these promos surface, was posting on here and actively shaking sat in the local library on the website during the Leading hotels deal when the website crash happened.
Better luck this time to those that weren't successful on that one (inc. me)

Caroline, in the UK.
Ah, missed that one! Darn it, now maybe my deal could have been a better one... will stew about this uselessly.

So what am I supposed to do, check my email every 10 minutes? I'm starting to feel complusive here.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Princess1
I'm starting to feel complusive here.
Welcome to the club.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Million miler
Just got this msg, but I don't even know if it's a clue or just a delaying email to keep me intrigued: "Can you keep a secret? Because I can't.

I’ve been around the world – a JetSetter of sorts – and I’m here to spill my Last Minute Travel secrets. I’ve been told I’m a know-it-all, so, ready or not, here come all my travel tips, like how to get a deal and when to look for a steal!

Don’t worry, I’ll watch for the Last Minute deals and keep you posted! Until next time!

JetSetter"

You all get that when you signed up, or is there a hint concealed within?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by LornaV
Just got this msg, but I don't even know if it's a clue or just a delaying email to keep me intrigued: "Can you keep a secret? Because I can't.

I’ve been around the world – a JetSetter of sorts – and I’m here to spill my Last Minute Travel secrets. I’ve been told I’m a know-it-all, so, ready or not, here come all my travel tips, like how to get a deal and when to look for a steal!

Don’t worry, I’ll watch for the Last Minute deals and keep you posted! Until next time!

JetSetter"

You all get that when you signed up, or is there a hint concealed within?
That's odd. I registered 4 different emails with them, and haven't gotten anything like that. Nor has my girlfriend or sister who I just checked with. If you get anything else, keep us posted. That seems odd...
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:29 pm

I signed on on Jan 9 and got a confirmation that I was on their list, but haven't gotten anything since. I even checked my junk mail.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:12 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I'm with you fsuga, I didn't get that email either. I will keep watching.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:44 am

Question

Hello all,

There's now a link on their $1 promotion page (http://www.lastminutetravel.com/world-for-a-dollar.aspx)
to some more Terms and Conditions!!
Enjoy reading the terms & conditions? read them all here
But when you click the 'read them all here', it opens up an error page!
If anyone is able to see these T&C's could they please post the details here!!?

Thanks in advance,
Caroline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.